Please Add Discipline secondary roll to Witching Hour for MS UE DH

I would like to be able to play a 130 solo with the Multishot DH and I believe that being able to roll 12 points Discipline on the Witching Hour belt would allow more power for the Multi-shot and allow this to possibly happen. Thoughts on this?

1 Like

12 additional discipline would increase our damage by ~14%, that’s less than 1 GR level. Also, we could need more toughness on higher GR levels. If I could change a belt for UE, I would change Hunters Wrath - because that’s the belt that was designed for UE. Something like “Your primary skills attack 30% faster and increase the damage of your hatred spenders for 5 seconds by %”

But adding some discipline to WH wouldn’t help at all.

11 Likes

Hunters Wrath could roll with 24 Discipline. There are many Legendary item that have this kind of roles.

1 Like

A mini F&R, very cool!

3 Likes

I don’t see value in that change.
Mostly because adding discipline adds very little damage value at all. and also in order to wear a belt you have to drop captain crimson which means (less CDR, RCR, damage and mitigation).

Buffing hunter wrath legendary power could be interesting, mostly because we can use it in the armor cube slot.

1 Like

Losing Visage is a big deal though. Losing 50% damage reduction would really hurt as far as toughness.

I like Hebalon’s idea but we’ve been crying for more damage resistance so something like combining Hebalon’s idea with instead of quicker and more damaging primaries that might be nice is: Every time you use a primary your hatred spenders deal XXX% more damage and you gain XX% more defense for X seconds.

Edit: After thinking about that for a moment, that might be a better bonus to Wraps of Clarity.

1 Like

#1 The MS UE build does not use crimsons for Pushing it in solo.
#2 The wiching hour is mainly used for pushing GR’s not farming.
#3 Discipline points are the MAIN dmg stat used for the MS UE build at 350% multiplier per point on hand with 6 piece UE set, so you don’t know what you are talking about.

As Hebalon stated, +12 discipline will only add about 14% damage (assuming you go from 86 max discipline to 98 with the proposed change). This is because of how the 6-piece set bonus works: you add the discipline up and then multiply by the 350% multiplier.

UE6 bonus with 86 discipline = 1 + 86 x 350% = 302x
UE6 bonus with 98 discipline = 1 + 98 x 350% = 344x

Relative increase from ratio of multipliers: 344/302 = 1.1391 (about +14%)

Since monster life scales with +17% per GR level, you would gain roughly 1 GR level in terms of damage from such a change.

6 Likes

This is not true at all.

5 Likes

#1 The MS UE build does not use crimsons for Pushing it in solo.

CC is BIS for UE MS.

#2 The wiching hour is mainly used for pushing GR’s not farming.

Witching hour adds very little damage, and it’s greatly outclased by CC set.

#3 Discipline points are the MAIN dmg stat used for the MS UE build at 350% multiplier per point on hand with 6 piece UE set, so you don’t know what you are talking about.

The one that seems don’t know what is talking about is you. Adding +12 discipline is not 4200% multiplicative damage lmao, it’s additive, so the difference it’s even less than 1 GR.

2 Likes

Oh dear, my little Nephalem, you have achieved so much Paragon levels, but you have so much more to learn …

5 Likes

Hmm let me guess… you were intending to tell a joke right ?

Fixed for more clarity.

2 Likes

Iria, Thank you for the clarification on the DMG multiplier here. I assumed that would have been higher, the play style would have been fun with more discipline points to balance but not at such a small dmg gain. how disappointing.

#1 is absolutely wrong. CCR is best in slot for pushing solo GRs with UE MS. It’s the standard now.

As an aside, I use goldwrap for farming (along with goldskin).

Discipline points are 1 aspect of the power buff for UE MS. There are separate areas of power derived from the set piece, vengeance, and the yangs/dml coupling. Discipline is not the be all and end all with the build.

7k paragon mostly primals…my guess is heavy botting.

7k sounds about right when your playing every season getting 1500 + every season. Please lets not blacklist anyone just because you didnt get that much.

2 Likes

I guess. I’ve played every season since s10, and average around p1300 each season since then, and i’m only p2600 NS. Maybe I’m doing something wrong :wink:

I suspect he’s getting a fair whack more than 1500 paragon per season.

I wonder what his best clear with his DH is with p7000…

not even close.

Starting at zero it would take 18 seasons @ 1500 per season to just get over 4k paragon (4025). even a starting point of 1000 paragon isn’t getting you to 7k @ 1500 per season.

At 4000 paragon a 1500 season nets a whopping 64 more paragon at rollover.

3 Likes

When someone who’s 7k paragon lacks the basic understanding of set multipliers for a class he’s played thousands of hours on and originally telling everyone else they don’t know what they’re talking about, it raises some suspicions.

I don’t even understand how you believe that gaining 1500 paragons per season would amount to 7K paragon eventually, considering that reaching 1500 paragon in the earlier seasons was nearly impossible without botting. Someone else already did the math, it’s not even close.

Moral of the story: It’s not smart to dish out the “big talk” if you can’t even be bothered to check if what you’re actually saying is factual.

3 Likes