Plans for Pushing, Post-Patch?

(PPPP?)

Anybody got plans for their pushing after the new patch drops (once there are new leaderboards for each set + LoD)?

I know I’ll be aiming to take a high spot on the MOTE leaderboard… anybody else getting in on the action? Poconut? Bastich? Phoenix?

Chris, you were once an IK HOTA player… any thought of a side venture back to that build? How about you, Basshead… guide’s got your name on it, after all! How about Vile Charge players? HOTA and VC should be neck-and-neck at this point.

Poconut again: LoD HOTA, right?

Anybody planning on pushing with R6 HOTA? Free? I know you and I were two of the few who didn’t hate wall charging, even if we’d still rather see it changed. The build has basically seen zero play since the ascendency of Rend, so it’ll be interesting to see what pops up on the board. Heck, we might even see some R6 Slam clears.

Anybody else got plans, tentative or concrete, to share?

1 Like

I think people will need to recover from the disappointment that is hellfire farming first. With the exception of haybaler.

Farm with WW.

Push with Mote.

Fun with SS.

I think HC Mote with the follower should be good to push with and I’m keen to give it a try.

Also keen to push IK Hota in HC. Yes Hota is a slow old Sherman tank but it’s fun as f#*% and it will be good to see the LB’s for it.

I don’t think I’ll push on the Blackthornes LB :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m just gonna keep farming. Throw a few keys in here and there.
Top page NA and world top 100 are minimum goals for me with ww.
As for a number we just don’t know how long or if this will be the last reset.
they may reset individual sets from now on. If era lasts 6 months Id like to see.

143+wwrend. That shouldn’t be to bad with follower changes.

1 Like

My plan is to wait until Ancient Gods 2 releases for Doom Eternal and play that instead.

The follower changes are welcome, but not enough to lure me back to the game yet. If Barb sets get buffs and more become viable (and, God forbid, Boulder Toss becomes strong), I’d be back in a heartbeat.

For now, though, the endless grind of Paragon, gems, keys, and mats is just too dull.

3 Likes

Anyone recall the guys name from Brazil who was amazing at R6 even with really low Paragon? Were several threads and videos on the old forums.

You thinking of Hulda? He cleared 134 in season a while back, with only 3500-ish Paragon, by leveraging Bug Pack. Was under the impression he was German, though. Or, Lucio Candido? He was Brazillian, and got great clears, but wasn’t low paragon.

1 Like

Lucio, he was well under 2000 Para when he started getting great clears. He was purely solo at that time IIRC.

1 Like

Yep Lucio was doing great back in those days . Running the Raekers wall banger setup . I think he’s still playing . Thought I saw him on LB’s somewhere

1 Like

Don’t think he’s around anymore, sadly.

Sinking all my time into ubers right now lol. Trying to get a really good HF for LoD hota. My best so far is an ancient fire/crit/crit, but with bloodthirst. Hoping to get a better passive.

I’m really excited about the LB filters. Even if I can get top 100 it’ll feel great to push with something that I enjoy.

The funny thing is that I had just gotten my primal fire FoT like a month ago, but IRL stuff has been keeping me from dedicated pushing.

3 Likes

You’ll get it. That’s a Rage Guarantee™.

PS: do you still play any Leapquake?

Eh, I have a setup that I’ve stomped around in 120-125. You can see that there’s some room for improvement. I never dedicated a ton of resources to getting a killer furnace, and was kinda hoping one would drop for my season crusader. Like I mentioned before a primal dropped for my monk instead, with dex :grimacing:

For pushing I prefer the fast attacks and big damage spikes of LoD hota, so I don’t know if I’ll spend the time and keys to push both, lol. For leapquake I like when stuff does quickly haha.

1 Like

Talk to me when I get up to about 6K Paragon … LOL . But for now I plan to work on skillful play in the Zodiac WW/Rend Core Build . Not looking to push much higher off the bat as I have come close to hitting a wall as far as pushings concerned . I plan to continue to build on Paragon and gearing up follower and all that good stuff to begin with , then work on improving on play skills on core build , and then go from there . I am thrilled that WW/Rend has gotten the love that it’s deserved for so long , and I intend to play the hell out of it .

1 Like

I’m aiming for Top 10 NA - Rend, Leap and Frenzy!

2 Likes

When you push, please record video-- we have so little footage of that build!

A tall order… I’ll look forward to seeing how it goes!

2 Likes

Currently, there seems to be zero reason to play seasonal heroes in S23 after obtaining the Guardian cosmetics, so I might dust off some of my Barbs that I haven’t touched in months / years. See if you can spot my incredibly complex naming convention…

Heck, I’ve even got a mostly primal set of Raekor in the Stash.

2 Likes

@Horrax#2520 -

Saw you had returned, over in the wiz forum. Any chance you’ll make some attempts with Lightningquake once the patch drops? It would be good to see that on the MOTE board! Also, Lightning will be getting a much better buff than Fire or Physical, since +FoT is a lot better than +Hellfire.

Man I’m getting kind of bored and restless waiting for the new patch. But I don’t want to farm anything current patch because I’ve reached my goals and it seems inefficient with the coming changes. :rofl:

1 Like

Yaaaas. Need me that. Trailer Monday. Very excite.

2 Likes