Plans For a Diablo 1 Remake?

Thank you for sharing this amazing and funny story from your life with us!

I believe that something similar to D2R could be done twith D1 and now, having all the stuff, models, textures, structures, etc they would save a lot of time and money to make D1 remake/remaster real.
I say remake, not because I would like to change any important of the game core, but because I think they could add all the cut content, just like Belzebub modders have done, thereā€™s several quests, conversations, unique objects, hidden cinematics etcā€¦ and everything is in the files. This obviously would make the game bigger and therefore a remakeā€¦ Also I wouldnā€™t mind if they add a couple of levels, I.E level 0 since you donā€™t see the ground level of the cathedral in the original, but we have it done for D2R. I wouldnā€™t touch too much the gameplay, but perhaps adding some ā€œquality of lifeā€ options like running in the town or auto pick gold, stash? may beā€¦ better gold storage, etcā€¦
Definetly it would be a bigger and great game with D2R graphics.

Edit: D1 have 16 quests, 4 of them always are there, and 12 are random and in each game you will play 8 of those 12. If the cut quests were added, D1 remake would have almost the same number of quests than D2, all this without Hellfire, with hellfire even more than D2, but tbh, hellfire quests arenā€™t that good.
All this and a polished multiplayer mode, would make D1 an amazing game.

1 Like

Yup. I beeslebub yeah? Me too. I still play it to this day!

1 Like

I would buy it right now. I love D1 more than D2. D2 is only better in terms of longevity. The atmosphere of D1 is awesome, and the gameplay too!

I also had fun with Hellfire. The underground plants part and itā€™s boss were terrifying.

2 Likes

Needless to say I would buy this RIGHT NOW if they announced it. I spent countless hours of my childhood playing this game. Blizzard remastered Starcraft, why not remaster the game that gave birth battle.net? The original Diablo.

Rebuild the entire game from scratch using modern coding, new textures. The game in hindsight is very simple, most iPhone games now are more complex than the original Diablo is.

Make it where it can be played on modern battle.net as well.

I would love to see D1 remastered with simliar graphics to D2R

3 Likes

We need it. It will not be superfluous for sure. The main thing is that it was done well. Minor improvements will be 100%. For example, so that the hero walks faster on Tristram. In general, I would give 1\2 of the price of D2R for the remaster diablo 1

1 Like