Plans For a Diablo 1 Remake?

Remake as sidequest in D4 please.

Make D4 a giant game with 50 times more content than D2 and D3 please!

That’s a pretty cool way to have gotten into Diablo. My older cousin made me and my brother a windows 95 computer for my 8th birthday and thought it would be better to include some games, so Diablo 1 was one of them. When I first played it, it made me feel a little nauseous from the blood and guts from the little imps. It wasn’t until my friend showed me 2 years later that battle.net was more than an online chat room and you could actually play with other people, that’s when I actually became addicted to Diablo and played it all day leveling up. So I feel I got completely lucky getting into Diablo as well, and that’s why I dislike D3 so much because I started from D1, to the epic D2, to nonsense.

My mom also thought Diablo was a Satan worshipping game and I had to say no he’s the enemy and we have to stop him lol. That’s pretty funny you told your grandmother Cain is Jesus’ friend LOL.

1 Like

It’s nothing like D1 at all, sadly.

1 Like

Ah yes, the 56k vs. wall phone sibling wars. I remembers this.

Usually there is a game inside of a game, but this was a game outside of the game.

2 Likes

You can buy it off GOG it has networking capability. Not exactly a remake but its a functional game.

The remake was done in D3 - quite literally. You can play it in D3 around the winter holidays.

1 Like

I would like to see one to fix the plot holes in Diablo III. Adria with how she is in DI doesn’t at all make sense to how she is in Diablo III. Sure she was a witch, but a witch doesn’t assume demon worshipper to Diablo. At least, that wasn’t present in Diablo. Even the character herself both sounds older in Diablo and has a certain character to her that doesn’t scream loyal to Diablo. She say’s herself, “I sense a soul in search of answers” or something like that. That again doesn’t support her being what she is in Diablo III. Lastly, the relationship she had with Aidan the Warrior. Was that him being interested in her? Or was that her being interested in him when he was the dark wanderer?

Simply put, I think Blizzard North didn’t intend for Adria to be what she is in Diablo III.

That’s why I said constrained. There is a lot missing, like virtually every quest and side mission, many monsters, and so forth. I did not say it was D1… it is an experience, or maybe, a limited expression.

Just imagine if they actually put in some more effort instead of just putting a filter on the same old levels and restricting movement a bit.

Get some real mechanics in there that made D1 what it is, add the quests, it’s an alternate world, the NPCs could be alive inside the portal.
And for gods sake add something new. I played this one the first year and the second year I did it all on Switch and now what? NOTHING! Years later and it’s still the same flawed mess.

1 Like

The Diablo HD mod is pretty nice with the Diablo on GOG.

1 Like

Belzebub mod is absolutely incredible. It’s like Diablo 1 with all of the best features from Diablo 2 and more. HD, waypoints, 3 new classes, dedicated skills for each class, new items with Diablo 2 item tiers, shared stash, normal/nightmare/hell. It’s become the only way I play Diablo 1 now.

I still play diablo 1 to this day via a really good mod.

1 Like

I really like the improvements the Belzebub mod makes to Diablo 1. The lighting and vendor UI alone make it amazing. Sadly I can never get very far in it before it crashes on me. And I’m also one of those weirdos that actually liked Hellfire and miss those two extra dungeons.

But if Blizz DID remaster the first game, the easiest way to satisfy both the purists and those like myself that enjoyed Hellfire, just make the option when creating a character to choose weather it’s and expansion character or not. You know, just like how Diablo 2 works right now.

2 Likes

How many people are online on bnet?

The whale sword… Man that game was fun…

If they do it, maybe do it like SC1 remaster?

It has to have hellfire and every quest available even if it isn’t canon.

Or just rebuild it properly within D2 remaster expansion or D4

D1 is in my top 10, would love to see something where it’s a remaster and merges the top 5 mods all into 1 package along with hellfire. If I had the skill I’d do it given the recent reverse code discovery.

I actually still play that mod to this day!!

I love D1, I’ve been also playing Belzebub but I think in normal it is too early to include inmunities to enemies, makes the game a lot harder. Btw have you seen this?

3 Likes

I want this so bad. I would play that more than D2R, I think.

It is an amazing mod, love it.

I want D1 with the D2R graphics though. I. Want. It.

1 Like