Pixelation on certain animations

I’ve got a 2018 MacBook Pro 15" with 2.2 i7, 32gb RAM, Radeon Pro 555X 4GB. I’m getting large pixelation on certain animations/rendering. Specifically where there are lights/lamps and the ghostly images. It doens’t happen during large groups or battles as if the video card was having a hard time keeping up with the processing. I’ve tried tweaking several video settings and I can’t seem to make it go away.

With the transition of the new forums, a lot of the problems in the old forums did not transfer to this new one. This problem of pixelation is one of those problems.

I also have problems with pixelation, even though I use a MacPro5,1 with an XFX Radeon RX 570 video card, which is Metal-supported under Mojave.

—>Robert
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m genuinely curious as to why you think the forum migration has anything to do with what the OP is reporting, i.e. in-game graphics corruption.

What I was trying to say is that the pixelation problem is not a new problem. This problem was discussed in the OLD forums. The forum migration did not carry over all of the old posts/problems to the new forums.

This also means that Blizzard has yet to fix the pixelation.

—>Robert
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

My 5,1 also has pixelation with an RX580 Sapphire Nitro+
Not all cards are fully supported even tho the game will play.
There used to be a list of supported GPU’s but I lost the link.

My workaround is to change texture from high to low then back to high In Act 1 Town ie New Tristram. I’m sure this won’t work for other machines.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pixelated lanterns/lights