Pets picking up stuff

The seals that unlock the pet pickups seem to work really well.

One funky issue with it is that the pets don’t pick up raw enchanting mats. As long as they’re picking up white, blue, and yellow items, they should also grab the raw materials that happen to drop as well.

20 Likes

I got a feeling this was just an oversight.

1 Like

I think they should add Reusable Parts, Arcane Dust, Vieled Crystals and forgotten souls to the Husk seal. Or maybe the Death Breath seal and change it to say Picks up crafting materials?

4 Likes

Oh don’t you need to click on anythin else ever again, your finger might brake! How lazy can some of you be?

4 Likes

What is the point of saying this? Either add productive feedback or go away.

7 Likes

Okay. Pets picking up thrash DBs and gold, but nothing else is more than enough.

2 Likes

Sometimes, not often, though, items drop in such a place (on console where you can’t use Alt) that they become nearly unclickable and therefore cannot be obtained, like if you opened a cache near a merchant or if you killed something and it popped near a portal or something… so, having the pet be able to grab it for you just ensures you’re able to get it all. Very minor thing, but that’s what QoL improvements are for.

There’s a difference between clicking on something that has a meaningful choice behind it (move here? Attack this? Pick up this potentially useful item that will occupy space in my inventory?) And clicking on something that requires no decision making whatsoever (ie: materials that don’t require inventory space and are always beneficial, just like gold/bloodshards).

There’s not really a good reason why pets shouldn’t pick up materials. I agree that it was probably an oversight and I hope it gets changed. This is a QoL change people have long been asking for.

8 Likes

Oh get off it mate. You know not everyone has the same abilities, some people have joint issues and actually the insane amount of clicking in this game freaking hurts. It is a small QoL adjustment that would make the game more enjoyable and accessible to all gamers. Just because someone has a disability doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to enjoy games too. It won’t break the game or make it too easy, it’s a little thing that help and makes it more fun.

Edited because I quoted the wrong post by misclicking

5 Likes

Some of us much prefer pretending to be heroes vanquishing the demon hordes than the janitor that has to mop up afterwards. Pets picking stuff up means we get more time being a vanquisher and less time as a janitor.

14 Likes

Pets should get no clip enabled, they get stuck too often picking mats and gold in uneven terrains.

It’s a bit sad watching my lil royal calf hitting a wall trying his best to pick up mats inside the pandemonium fortress and similar areas.

4 Likes

They been begging for this for years and now they got. I have been playing video games for 40 yrs on some kind of PC. Been picking up stuff for 40 yrs. It is now they don’t have to take that extra few seconds out of their Diablo life to do something. I’m waiting on when they will ask to put the game into Auto Mode!!! LOL

1 Like

Meanwhile, in Immortal, for the past 7+ months I’ve only needed to walk over stuff…

Coming back to D3, it’s really jarring having to go back to picking stuff up.

3 Likes

Well they did it right when the pet picks them up it goes right to the stash. But you still have to pickup the gems, leg drops. But if you are picking up those mats Y’s, W’s & B’s to help somebody get started and they need them. You will have to unequip your pet.

Diablo 5 should just be a bunch of demons littering, and the player character running after them sweeping up the mess.

5 Likes

You can, but you actually don’t have to.
If you miss a gem, legendary or set item, you’ll receive an in-game email containing them.

1 Like

I was about to write the same, but I saw your message.

The main purpose of the autopick seal is to grab and salvage white, blue and yellow items, to convert them into materials. This avoids having to go to town to crush those items every so often.

So, if materials are already on the ground, it just make sense that they are autopicked as well.

Just looks bad, but when you think about it, plain crafting mats don’t drop that often and it’s the items that wind up being the majority of your crafting mats.

That said, it can be a bit OCD inducing to watch everything get picked up but the odd crafting mat or two. There is the option to just let those lay though.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

??? When does that happen??? I have basically completed the Alter. The is nothing that says that and I have left legendary & gem on the ground. I didn’t get any emails!!! Maybe I’m doing something wrong but no email.

I even read the PTR list over like 3 times and there is nothing in there about that. Plus if that is true. They really turn the game into a mindless rat race to be the paragon & leader board Kings.

“Like I said when do they give us the option to set it to Auto Play”!!!

I think he was referring to DI, not D3. Read further up for the context.