Personal loot would destroy Party and Quest system

Personal loot does not work in d2. FFA loot is the incentive to keep the 1 united party group to give for example Andariel quest to everyone.

• The carrying and active players look for speed and rewards
  • Leechers get either quest or exp and some loot chances

A personal loot would incentivize the competitive/carrying players to backparty/Neutral to get full Loot, and finish the quests before the rest of the group.

One can argue that it would encourages leechers to be more active to keep the group alive, but their slow speed would force them to simply leech in FFA loot games. Then the FFA players would compensate their loss, in their turn, to go in personal loot games to create unsafe Tp, backparty/Neutral/hostile, especially in hardcore.

Personal loot are just convoluted mechanics that don’t fix things, remove the layer of shared excitement and realism, and the shared effort not to be socially excluded. It would destroy D2. People would then complain and would remove hostile buttons, unsafe tp, and how the quest system work. So as we all know, the endless whining nature of lazy players in video games can not be fixed. Ending up like the dull d3 where everybody plays in a bubble.

Besides it is funny how :

• The so called majority of players who want personal loot not being able to build a single friendship. It proves that many of them are not able to show empathy/generosity, perhaps are they too greedy ? Or do they expect multiplayer to provide rights without duties ?
  • Multiplayer shares damages taken ; advancing in multiplayer is way too easy and needs an unforgiving drawback that profits those who take risks.
  • Funny from the long list of silly demands in the survey, personal loot is the least favored.
  • Reading the d3 forums reveals which community favors personal loot the most. And it’s funny to see how some of them have complained for so long about D2 topics on their channel, but write thousands of comments to implement d3 features. Many are opportunists. They consider D2R the “D3 content” they’ve been begging for years to break the monotony of their hamster wheel activities.

So let’s see if they can keep cheats under control in D2R. And we talk about it in 20 months.

21 Likes

You flag my thread while you actually are the ones who spam the forum repeating the same messages every time.
No thread have specifically talked about party and quest system. Flag the repetitive threads, not mine. You just lost your calmness because my post hurts your narrative, that’s it.

10 Likes

I agree it would definitely make the multiplayer base bigger. Probably not 10X, but I do agree a lot more people these days are lazy and want a much more casual experience where they can just drone out and leech with no competition. I think there should be a penalty imposed for the PLoot setting though. Only makes sense if you want an easier go of it with no competition.

There is way more leeching with FFA loot, people running tanky mobility classes staring at the ground too weak to help built only to grab loots.

4 Likes

Personal loot will happen. Diablo 2 wll truly live on, not linger on with a few thousand people stuck in the past. Arguing for FFA is crazy, like arguing for original Doom level graphics because “nothing else works for FPS”. At the same time, they forgot how different original D2 v1.00 was compared to what they call “Diablo 2”.

3 Likes

Personal loot will promote more players in multiplayer games. You are correct since it reduce the effects of cheaters and eliminate ninja looters.

This is a broad overgeneralization. The fact is that FFA loot in D2 can lead to a much more casual experience where there is no competition or even a requirement to even be in the same area when a monster is killed.

Also, I see that you made the faulty argument that personal loot players need a penalty. You completely ignore the fact that in an 8 player game, each FFA player sees 8X total drops while in personal loot game each player only sees on average 1X drops. In the personal loot system, it will be harder to gear up. If you really want a “penalty” for the easier mode, I would just warn you to be careful what you wish for since you might get it.

1 Like

This forum is getting dirty. Nasty. Awful.

Quite frankly you ALL should be ashamed of yourselves. I want the game environment to be dirty, gritty and unforgiving, not our interactions with one another.

Whats been happening the last 2 weeks? Seriously.

Both sides HAVE merit. They truly do. One side wants to change it into something that it never was. One side wants to keep it like its always been.

Which side do you think will get us the game faster? Let’s worry about all this bickering and bs after the game goes live please and thank you!

For @%@&#s sake. Whats the matter with all of you? Can’t we have civil discussions anymore? Apparently not, we are just going to report eachothers threads like freaking children and scream until we are blue in the face neither one really listening to the other… I hope you are proud of yourselves. (Obviously its not ALL of you, those who im referring to YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.)

I’m sitting here ashamed we are the same species.

3 Likes

I’ve only muted one person for life so far…

Didn’t think it was THAT bad around here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yes I think enough information is out there now…but people won’t actually look either way.

Still tho, I jump on this forum when I have a free moment at work or whatever. After dealing with all the interpersonal drama at work, trying to get my mind off of it to something that im REALLY looking forward to.

And all I’ve seen the last few days is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Its getting super tiring haha.

You guys honestly think ANY dev would EVER show their face here, when at least half of us are acting like children? Lol. I know I wouldn’t. Jeeze, people on either side would instantly jump on them. Doesnt matter what they say either, if they say yay or nay to ploot, SOMEONE is going to freak the frick out on them.

Seriously people.

I am an “old-timer” on the diablo forums. It is par for the course. When there is something new to discuss (e.g. Blizzcon or a D4 quarterly update or after a new game is announced or the PTR), there is an influx of new forum posters (or at least forum posters that decide to post more). If there is a controversial issue, things tend to get a bit more heated than normal. In part, it is because the topics are controversial and that some of the new forum members (or infrequent posters) do not know the forum rules or do not care. Some of the old-timers do not care either. In addition, irrespective of your time on the forum, the discussions can degrade into a more disrespectful tone. It is hard for people when personally attacked not to respond in kind. After awhile, things settle down. There are still trolls and rule violators but it gets less heated and more friendly.

Heated is fine.

Heated tho, is a far cry from the obstinace, callousness and utter disrespect I’ve seen recently.

I’m used to people, who put forth a well reasoned, thought out argument. And for others to follow suit, and treat them in kind.

Maybe I’m too old fashioned for this type of thing I dont know haha.

To just utterly dismiss the others point as complete nonsense undermines the very argument/point you are trying to make. Its just unseemly and childish in my eyes.

But as I said, perhaps I’m just not the type of person for these sorts of things anymore. Im not THAT old, but I am getting older. Maybe I’ve somewhat fallen out of touch with whats normal or acceptable in places such as this.

1 Like

This is true.

I generally never post even if I’ve been around for ages…
But this release means a lot to me obviously so I’ve been vocal.

People like me will eventually crawl back into our dens :+1:

You can not control other’s actions. For me personally, I think that I try to reach the standard of putting forth a well-reasoned argument. I will criticize an argument, but I try my best to avoid personal attacks.

I might suggest using the forum ignore feature. I have put people who I tend to agree with philosophically as well as folks who I disagree with on ignore if they have frequent habit of disrespecting other forum members.

Personal loot will ruin the game. If you want to keep the heart of D2 in this game, adding personal loot would be a terrible decision. If they add it, I will ask for a refund and i’m sure others will too.

3 Likes

I’m also sure most of you won’t

But let’s say you do, my bet is eventually you’ll see the game and buy it back :man_shrugging:

Also generally people are asking for an “option” so you’d still get the ffa game

1 Like

Would you really refund the game if Blizzard provided each player the choice of playing an FFA-only game OR a personal loot game? You can still choose FFA-only.

If it was personal loot replacing FFA entirely, I can understand why you would ask for a refund.

Yes, because everyone can still trade with everyone. Personal loot means you get more loot per monster per game. FFA means you get less. It means FFA loot inspires more trading. Better chance of you not having something you need.

If this is the case, then they need to add an option upon creating a character that makes that char play on FFA or personal loot servers only.

1 Like

Eh? You wouldn’t get more loot than if playing single player. In fact, you’d get a bit less per monster. The amount of loot that drops is the same as it is now, but instead it just deals out the loot to the players in the group as it drops.

I don’t think you know how ploot actually works but MRNA here will probably fill you in properly

Small info it’s not 8xloot per player

1 Like