PC controller support for Diablo 3

Why can’t the release the Xbox game on the Xbox game store on PC Xbox client? They already have a working version all they would have to do is make it possible for the Xbox version to work on PC and release it on the Xbox game store, but it doesn’t matter at this point because Diablo IV is about here just think they lost a lot of people because of an easy solution.

Yeah, which require resources they won’t get back.

1 Like

Utterly disgusted that blizzard have not allowed both console and pc versions of diablo 3 on pc.
This is a deal breaker for me. I simply uninstalled the game instantly.
complete waste of my money.
I really hope that diablo 4 does not go down this path too.
Utterly disgraceful in this day and age.
Shame on you Blizzard.

Diablo 4 will have controller support for pc.

Supporting controllers on PC

This is the first time a Diablo game is being developed simultaneously for both PC and consoles, but the decision to support controller input on PC is what caused the greater paradigm shift for us.

Taken from:

So you didn’t bother to do simple product research? Assumed somerhing, then got outraged when it wasn’t in the game?

Ill take things that didn’t happen for $1,000 Alex.

The game is 11 years old, it was made with no controller support, the console version came out over a year after the PC version did.

It’s not a matter of “allowing” PC to use controller, it’s a matter of not wanting to waste resources developing such a version as they won’t see a return on the investment.

Shh, then the faux outrage hate ragers they have for Blizzard makes them look silly if facts are presented.

I understand that it would be too much to remake PC D3 to support controllers. But Blizzard should at least release an unofficial mod that would allow to just control your characters and cast spells with a controller, leaving all menus intact.

That way all the players who got carpal tunnel from playing Diablo could still play the version they prefer most. Like me, my mouse arm got screwed from playing D2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 back in the day, then I played D3 with a handicap mouse until my arm and back broke completely, now I must play on Switch away from all the friends that I met during all my time on PC.

1 Like

I am completely new to Diablo. Never played. I bought them on sale last night. Played a few hours of D2R loved it, wanted to check out 3 for a little bit… Was really disappointed there was no controller support. I shouldn’t have assumed like I did.

I came here to post this myself after reading about new content ending for this game. With the rise of devices like the SteamDeck(which is why I want controller support), more and more people will be wanting to play this game with a controller on pc. I dont work for Blizzard obviously, but it seems like it wouldnt take long at all to copy and paste the controller support code from the other releases. If this game adds controller support, then we will be able to play every game in the series with a controller. I know there are different controller profiles you can use on the SteamDeck for this game, but it just doesnt feel the same and I just cant get used to it.

I already basically play World of Warcraft non stop on the SteamDeck because its just so convenient. Ill lay in bed and gather ore and herbs for hours. Would really be awesome to have this game working properly so that my SteamDeck can be loaded up with all of my favorite Blizzard games and it would go well with Diablo 2 Resurrected thats already on there.

I just dont think it will happen. We all know and love the company were dealing with here and how they operate

That wouldn’t work though, the entire UI is also changed to accommodate controller, as are gameplay elements, it’s just not a matter of “remove keyboard, insert controller”.

Insert any company in history more or less, none of them will spend resources with no return intentionally.