PC controller support for Diablo 3

No, it’s not.

You can zoom in on pc too, even go first person view. At least i did like once or maybe twice.

When I played on PC there was only normal and very zoomed in (by pressing “z”?, they may have added the console view now. I know on D:I on PC it has more of a console look.

I haven’t played a Diablo game in like so long now.

Sip,sip.

Yeah, as far as I remember the zoom fo pC was to look at your character, not for playing, you can’t see anything with that zoom.

I love Switch but I could never play D3 on it after playing 60fps for so long.

Switch has 60 FPS in town, and in solo rifts:) At least it targets 60 FPS, I like that.

Switch version is locked to 30fps.

Thankfully, there is elective mode or playing on Switch would be impossible for me since it reverses primary buttons and my fingers are not used to that.

And where do you have that info? You are a fool. D2R is locked to 30fps, D3 is 60fps.

some-body1129 once told me, they played lot of D3 after enrolling, but now their hands aren’t the sharpest tool in the sheeeeed.

Blizzard’s lookin kind of dumb, not wanting us to put our fingers and our thumbs on controooooolers.

Well the mobs start coming and they don’t stop coming. Fed to the mouse I just can’t hit the ground running, didn’t make sense this lack of controller support ain’t fun. Your brain gets smart but your wrists get numb.

I am so sorry.

2 Likes

It’s not 30fps locked but it can drop to that. Digital Foundry tests show portable mode with heavy drops in dense areas.

Being so used to a solid 60fps lock, it would bother me to experience that.

Yeah, that I acknowledge and understand.

Nintendo team try to port to Switch the PlayStation versions of the games first. So Sony team done a huge and good work to port D3 to PS including many good features that Blizzard don’t want to make in PC.

That’s hogwash, because the game runs with controller support on consoles.

Holy monkey! You don’t mean it works as intended?!

Which is not the same game as we have on PC. You do realize it took over a year of work after the release of the PC version to get a console version, so it’s not just a matter of checking the “controller” box.

They’re also using two different engines and coded by two different teams. The PC client never received updates to allow proper controller usage. Would be nice, but that’s how it is. PoE’s desktop client still has no controller support either despite it being damn near perfected on the console versions of the game.

I’m not saying rework the PC version of the game. I’m saying get the controller version of the game available on the Xbox Game Store. No rework necessary maybe a few change might need to be made to make it work. I’m no game designer so I’m unsure of all that goes into it, but I don’t see why they couldn’t work with Microsoft to release the Xbox controller version of the game to be released in the Xbox PC game store.

You have to rework the game for PC. The PC clie t does not support controller. The Console version does and was written differently, along with the dodge roll, different UI, and different inventory.

Serious reworking of the PC client is necessary.