Patterns of Justice - SW/TR new set feed back

I did a short test. Grift 100 is no problem with any set and any quality right now (even gen build without ancients is playable). This set is not. No dmg output ever, insta deads ever. Absolutely worthless set with absolute no love for monk. Tornados do not deal dmg. You can not use any other 2p set (no crimson, no swk) since you lose the kyo belt. The set is as I thought: CRAP

3 Likes

This set struggles on 80ā€™s lol, wtf?

It needs damage reduction and like 3x the actual damageā€¦something, itā€™s also very clunky. I was really disappointed.

Complete trash so far.

I played it with the WotHF/FoF generator for more cyclones. Didnā€™t use TR as it only increases itā€™s range and I couldnā€™t seem to get the range buff anyway.

It was better, and fun for a few seconds, but nope. This set feels bad.

I think assimilation is additive with some other sources of damage, such as ally / mantra / etc.

So 40% to 50% more damage could be less depending on how many other modifiers you have (if additive with skill damage, big problem because sw belt). Itā€™s been years since I had to look up what affixes are DIBS but Iā€™m 90% sure blue text skill mods on legendaries and all damage buffed by skills is DIBS.

Cyclone buffs, I donā€™t know how to math out. Iā€™d need to know base ias of WotHF vs how much base damage SW with all runes does per second to normalize out AS from stats.

Then deal with proc rate of stacks from FoF (I think itā€™s 15 stacks cap now, used to scale with AS, but proc rate if each stack higher?)

So how many stacks on average per second based on procs for 10 targets, how many of those hit by the cyclones, etc.

Add it up, add SW base damage with all runes, divide by base damage with all runes to get damage modifier based on DoT. Conpare with DIBS modifier from assim. Lotā€™s of work.

From my experience, if procs are the thing (experimented a lot with Mirinae for example) then WotHF just seemed to perform way better from play (not math).

Davlok is probably the guy to know. His mechanics compendium is legendary.

From the outsiders perspective I rarely play monks and when I did it was exploding palm. This new set seems to be a straight up rehash of of Sunwuko, which I hated, and adds no reason for me to even try it.

1 Like

I would remove TR from this Set and instead would combine SW with some Primary skills, maybe Cyclone Strike as well. Would be good for Shenlongā€™s and Gen Monk basically.

1 Like

sorry to say this but Iā€™ll stay with innaā€™s or wukoā€™s.

this video show how I set it up and 1 gr80 run that I made.

1 Like

I did a new set on PTR feedback:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/monk-and-what-we-really-need/4417
hope davlok or celtic add some thoughts on that since we need changes. I tried my best but my english is not the best and I have no idea on how to bring it in a nice to read formatting.

Besides: I did a vid where I compared gameplay of innas WoL 110 vs 114 vs 118: This looks much more fluent that your vid above :smiley:

My sugestion for this Set:

• 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind and Cyclone Strike gain the effect of every rune
  • 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your damage reduction by 5% (maybe 3% attack speed as well?). Stacks up to 10 times. In addition every enemy pulled by Cyclone Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 450%.
  • 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Spirit Generators while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 55000%

[Eye of the Storm]

When Cyclone Strike pulled 10 or less enemies your Spirit Generators damage is increased by 6000%.

I am looking something to increase damage when on fight with RG that is why 6000% for less than 10 enemies on helmet. Maybe you guys have better idea for it?

Cyclone Strike pulls up to 16 enemies = 16*450%=7200% vs 6400% Raiment Set (not sure if 2p bonus 400% adds to 6p bonus 6000% or multiplies) but it gives 25% AS as well.

6p bonus:
Raiment - 60000% * Dashing Strike basic dmg 370% and 975% on last enemy with Barrage rune.
Patterns - 55000% * Sweeping Wind basic dmg 315% and 435% with Blade Storm rune.
Numbers could be different of course it is just a quick sugestion.

Guys, I just wanted to say that I really like the idea of including Crippling Wave and Cyclone Strike into this set, as well as the idea of letting the majority of the damage of this set come from Tempest Rush.

rainment bonus is multiplier, means 6p and 2p bonus is factor 5 * 61

Ok, so numbers should be changed to deal similar or higher dmg than Raiment, but this is just an idea of mechanic of the set.

Finally some time on PTR todayā€¦ man this build is WORSE than i thought even after all those numbers crunching. I did 95 in 10:28ā€¦ the clr feels like 125+ ā€¦on a god damn 3 min speed tierā€¦ I ll write a more complete thoughts after further testings. Pretty much the TR/SW is done now. Need to test non TR/SW.

The damage feels better after power pylon. So the build needs at least 300% more damage if not more. Resource and defense was not the problem. But again. 42k dex with 8k paragon thoughā€¦

Atomfurzā€¦ i ll send you a friend request on PTRā€¦ do you have discord??

would be absolutely nice if you post it in my ptr feedback thread just to have it all together there and maybe you also have some thoughts to my suggestions :slight_smile: i tried 2 100 grifts which are so easy with any other set. no way, couldnā€™t even kill first group of enemys

yeah, fine, send a request :slight_smile: but i donā€™t have discord

I would really like to see the sweeping wind runes revamped to work better with the stacks.
Master of Wind could increase % chance to freeze per stack.
Blade Storm could further increase damage % per stack
Inner Storm could restore 1 more spirit per stack
Cycloneā€¦ummā€¦maybe more tornadoes per stack? lol
But most importantly Fire Storm could increase radius by at least 2 yards per stack.
The 6 piece bonus could have tempest rush cast a free cyclone strike every few seconds while channeling instead of the raduis buff. Would add the 50% dr thats missing.

4 Likes

I hope it is, the setup I had is not all the good.

Why not make a set to play with eclair as for Season 6 with the old bonus set of miles of storms would have been more fun than that ā€¦

I like this ide heretic, but still need more dmg, mayby add tr dmg to the 10 000%, I still think it wounā€™t out perform. And change tr cold run to explode every 20 yards moved, with same damage it has around 50 stacks.

Ive been testing the set for a bit and it is a bit hard to run. I copied the build im using from ā€œinstabilityā€. (#3 of the seasonal monk leaderboard) I have great rolls on my gear, and even still i barely scraped into t16.

It feels alot harder to make Patterns of Justice work with tempest rush than any corpse lance build, comdemn crusader, chantodo wiz, or barbarian.

There are 2 main struggles with the set.

1. Tempest rush feels like how rend used to be in wrath of the wastes a little bit.
  2. The set is very squishy for melee.

Overall i love the art and i think the set is a great idea. Ive been grinding a bit with the set because i want to see it work well.

Its more that ok for the set to be overtuned for the first season its out. That way alot of player data can be collected very fast; as many people gravitate to the strongest sets.

A little bit of damage reduction could make the sets transition from t11 to t16 alot smoother, and more enjoyable.

As is, needing to keep cyclone strike, epiphany, spirit guards, and dashing strike buffs up at all times really hurts. Wave of light builds dont have to put in half the effort

as far as im concerned the only fix to this set is to not make itā€¦ Stop trying to make SW work, it made sense in vanilla not now, no proc rate, very uninteresting, hard to make do significant damageā€¦

Honestly I kinda see this as them just slapping us in the face. NO monk shall ever smile again ā€“ dev team post s4

2 Likes