Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

Unless class sets are not counted in that (at least it would be hard to, in the Blacktorne version, but not in the Krelms version), then I’ll repeat that it sounds kinda bad.
If you only mean non-class sets, then fair enough, that is much better.
Although not much, it would be the exact same sets everyone would use basically. There aren’t that many non-class sets around.

before I accept that’s so, you’re going to have to explain why it’s bad. It’s just another type of LoN, and LoN was GOOD for the game.

Even with this version I think that Shadows would overly benefit from it.

1000% increased damage when wearing a melee weapon is super powerful when you then on top of that also gain this other set…

Why?
Sets really don’t need to be more powerful than they already are.

Remember that they had to move certain bonuses from the 4piece bonus to the 6 piece bonus and redesign whole sets because they were too powerful when they got mixed?

I think such a set would not be a good idea.

Yes. But you wouldn’t be able to get 6 piece of Blackthorne’s and 6 piece of a class set. I’ve thought this through. They’d have to add a Bracer slot before that’s possible. And THAT would cause some serious balance issues.

Because it would buff the kind of builds that are already strongest; 5-6 piece set builds.
The thing that is good about LoD is that it opens up for using many different items (in theory at least). While something encouraging set items kinda limits the options).

Yeah, probably :smiley:
Was not a serious idea. Though I do think the most interesting set-based builds D3 have had, were the ones mixing class sets.

Not the case with the Krelms version however.

1 Like

I would encourage you to do some quick planning before saying things like this. This would be the worst case scenario. www.d3planner. com/867846345

You trade Flavor of Time (and a jewelry cube slot) for whatever 2 and 4 piece Blackthorne’s would give you. That’s it. That’s all. You get the same 10,000 % from the proposed BT solution as you do from GoD. It’s just a different way to build, and opens up new possibilities.

EDIT: It would overlap DR from BT and DR from GoD sets. That’s significant; I’ll admit it. But you’re still sacrificing amulet and armor slots. It should even out.

Logically, the four piece BT set would be (immunity to Ground effects) and the two piece would be (+500 mainstat and elite % damage)

So it basically would mean that you get the Blackthorn set with maybe 3 additional set items from different sets, that would basically act as rare items with a large multiplier on it-

I do not see how this could be interesting. It basically is a worse version of LoD since you can equip even less legendaries.

If anything, they should remove all items from sets that are not

• chest armor
  • pants
  • helm
  • boots
  • gloves
  • shoulders

so that set mixing wouldn’t be possible anymore.

Iconic items like Imortal Kings Boulder Breaker or Tal Rashas Amulet could be turned into a legendary, so they still would be in the game, but just not enable set mixing anymore.

I think that set mixing as increased the powercreep as well, and also made it harder to create interesting set bonuses, as well made it harder to balance them, because there were some sets that just synergized to well with each other.

Just a suggestion, put links into CODE for this so you can post them even if you are not TL3:

www.d3planner.com/867846345

EXACTLY. It would be a different way to build. It could even be slightly more (or less) powerful, depending on what they did for 2 piece and 4 piece Blackthorne set bonuses. This is what Diablo is all about. Build variety.

And Blackthorne's wouldn't be a trash drop anymore!

EDIT: Attempting this code thing:

https://www.d3planner.com/867846345 

Another example; Vyr (most of you know I only play Wizdogs).

https://www.d3planner.com/736444769 

Again, does this look terrible? You have a Vyr set without the +attack, defense, and armor bonuses of Vyr 4 or 6 piece; trading them for a flat 10,000% and 50% DR from Blackthorne’s. You traded a cube jewelry slot to get here. Is it that much more powerful then the standard Vyr set? I really don’t know. you lose the 5x APS from Vyr to get 10,000% damage.

But it illustrates the point I am trying to make. Blackthorne's, implemented like I envision, can open up diffeent build paths.

Grenades could use a little buff too.

1 Like

Here goes my suggestions for Necromancer

Necros have 5 sets:

Bone Set (aka Inarius)

Corpse Set (aka Pestilence)

Blood Set (aka Trag’oul)

Pet Set (aka Rathma)

Simulacrum Set (aka Carnival)

1) Bone Set

Current status:

(2) Set:
Bone Armor damage is increased by 1000%.
(4) Set:
Bone Armor grants an additional 3% damage reduction per enemy hit.
(6) Set:
Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 10,000%.

It doesn’t make sense to make the damage connected to a defensive skill. Also, this set relies only on short range abilities like Death Nova and Grim Scythe. I think it would be cool to make it dependent of other bone skills as well, focusing on Bone Spirit as the most important skill.

Bone skills: Bone Spikes, Bone Spear, Death Nova (with Bone Nova rune), Command Golem (with Bone Golem rune), Bone Armor, Bone Spirit and Simulacrum (with Blood and Bone rune).

My suggestion:

(2) Set:
Each time you use a bone skill, the cooldown of your Bone Spirit is reduced by X second(s). This effect cannot occur more than once per Y seconds for each skill.
(4) Set:
Bone Armor grants an additional 3% damage reduction per enemy hit.
(6) Set:
Enemies take Z% more damage from your bone skills for every Bone Spirit chasing it.

The build consists of using bone skills to be able to cast several Bone Spirits at one (or more) targets, and they would take more damage from bone skills until the Bone Spirit hits them.

Example: let’s assume Z = 5000%. I have 3 bone skills (Bone Spikes, Bone Spear and Bone Spirit). I cast 2 Bone Spirits at a target. Until the spirits hit it, the target will take 10,000% increased damage from my Bone Spikes, Bone Spear and the Bone Spirit itself.

Balance issues:

1. With Land of the Dead it’s possible to cast more than 20 Bone Spirits at once.
  2. Defiler Cuisses can increase the damage of Bone Spirit by 15,000%.

Both issues could make this set extremely strong.

2) Corpse Set

Current status:

(2) Set:
Each corpse you consume fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy.
(4) Set:
Each enemy you hit with Bone Spear, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.
(6) Set:
Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 3300%.

This is a corpse lance only set. Even with the 3300% damage for Corpse Explosion, you would still need to increase the damage of Corpse Lance in order to benefit from the 2 pieces bonus. It’s not viable to individually increase the damage for two skills. I think this set should make both skills mandatory, with a “share damage increased” (explained below).

My suggestion:

(2) Set:
Each time you cast Corpse Explosion, you fire a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy.

Each time you cast Corpse Lance, you fire a Corpse Explosion at a nearby enemy.

Each time you cast another corpse skill, you fire a Corpse Explosion or Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy.

(4) Set:
Each enemy you hit with Bone Spear, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of X%. Lasts 15 seconds.
(6) Set:
Items that increase the damage of Corpse Explosion or Corpse Lance will increase the damage of both skills. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by Y%.

X > 50%

1. Since necros are very squishy, I think the 4 piece bonus need a buff.
  2. The 6 piece bonus means that Corpsewhisper Pauldrons will also increase the damage of Corpse Explosion, and Grasps of Essence will increase the damage of Corpse Lance. Each affix that increase the damage of one of the abilities will also apply for both. If this build gets too powerful, then the 6 piece damage bonus could be less than the current 3300%.

Balance issue: a strong RGK build with the Brittle Touch rune from Corpse Lance could be imbalanced, because it would also fit as a Support Build. It would be a “Support-RGK build”.

Blood Set:

Current status:

(2) Set:
Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune.
(4) Set:
While at full Life, your healing from skills is added to your maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% more.
(6) Set:
Your Life-spending abilities deal 3800% increased damage and your healing from skills is increased by 100%.

I think this is a very well designed set, because most damage dealing skills has a rune that fits the 6 piece bonus, so there’s a lot of possible builds. The only problem is that the damage increase is too low. And, like other current sets, it’s too squishy.

My suggestion:

2) Set:
Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune.
(4) Set:
While at full Life, your healing from skills is added to your maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to X% more.
(6) Set:
Your Life-spending abilities deal Y% increased damage and your healing from skills is increased by X%.

X > 100%

Y > 3800%

Pet Set:

Current status:

(2) Set:
Your minions have a chance to reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage.
(4) Set:
You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Max 50 stacks.
(6) Set:
Each active Skeletal Mage increases the damage of your minions and Army of the Dead by 1000% up to a max of 4000%.

I don’t know why they put Army of the Dead in this Pet Set, it makes no sense. This set is also squishy and the damage buff is low. I think this should encourage builds with lots of pets, and Revive should get some attention here.

My suggestion:

(2) Set:
Revive gains the effect of all runes.
(4) Set:
You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Max X stacks.
(6) Set:
Each minion you have increases the damage of your minions Y%.

X > 50 for thoughness.

You can have 7 skeletons, 10 skeletal mages, 1 golem, and 10 revived enemies. So you can have 28Y% increased damage.

Simulacrum Set:

Current status:

(2) Set:

Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die.

(4) Set:

While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well.

(6) Set:

Your Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus.

I don’t think Bone Spear should be the damage dealer here. This belongs to the Bone Set. Instead, make it a generic set like Blood Set.

My suggestion:

(2) Set:

Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die.

(4) Set:

While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well.

(6) Set:

Your Simulacrums now cast any skills and deal X% increase damage.

Yey! Now they can use every skill, not only the current ones.

Balance issue: some builds may get overpowered, like the new Grim Scythe build.

I’d like to see every set (of every class) viable to use on high GRs. Instead of making 1~2 new sets every patch, I think Blizz should focus on making older sets great again.

Another suggestion I have is a very simple one, but would increase the variety of builds we have today is to make new rankings for 4 players with the same class. A 4 players Wizard Ranking, 4 players Monk Ranking, etc. It would be nice to see support, trash killer and RGK builds for every class.

2 Likes

If I’m reading what you’re saying right, then that could be very interesting to see. However it would also be pretty difficult to pull off, considering how powerful some set bonuses are (and I’m not just talking about the number boosts). That said, the idea has merit imo.

I don’t really understand this.

You want to create a set that gives you more power for each set item you have equipped?

That is like doubling down on sets, which is honestly not a good thing imo, while offering nothing interesting in return.

I don’t really understand what is gained from this.

If anything, I would make a legendary item that says that as young as you only have at max 2pieces bonuses active, you gain BUFF X, because that would allow you to gain the benefits of e.g. F&R and the 2pieces bonuses of a few 6piece sets, but I wouldn’t make this the Blacktorns set, because it takes away at least 3 or 4 of your equipment slots.

I mean the idea is nice, but not on the BT set.

That is something that shouldn’t happen. If anything, I would say that sets outside of the original class sets (Tal-Rasha, Immortal King, Zunimassa, Natayla, and Inna) could use more individual pieces to allow for more sets to mix and match.

1 Like

Why?

imo it just creates balance problems due to (unintended) synergies.

If sets would work differently and not have such massive bonuses, then I would not have an issue with this, but that would require them to redesign sets or even the whole itemization system of D3 completely.

Hardly enough to warrant the suggestion to get rid of individual set pieces so every set would only have a maximum of 6 individual items (all in the same location). If set hybrid builds prove too powerful then simply move most of the major damage boosting effects (if they aren’t already) to the 6 piece bonus, then have RoRG gain an additional effect whereas it will only allow the 6 piece effect of one set.

Or using Venaliter’s suggestion regarding Blackthorne:

• 2 piece bonus: Reduce the number of sets by 1, reduce set bonuses by 10% (except for this set). Gain 150% damage for each legendary.
  • 3 piece bonus: Reduce the number of sets by 2, reduce set bonuses by 50% (except for this set) Gain 300% damage instead for each legendary equipped. Reduce the damage you take by 4% for each legendary equipped.
  • 4 piece bonus: Reduce the number of sets by 3, reduce set bonuses by 100% (except for this set). Gain 600% damage instead for each legendary equipped.

Numbers could be worked out of course, but something along those lines.

Yeah, see that is what I mean with the unintended consequences.

It also limits creativity in regards to how sets can be designed, see for example Natalja’s set where the 4 piece set bonus is just 100% increased Rain of Vengeance damage.

Furthermore it makes progressing through sets less interesting because all the important stuff is on the 6 piece set.

I doubt the potential of set mixing has that much influence. Take a look at the new sets, they were designed with little chance of set mixing and most of them aren’t that creative.

Imo, +10000% to a skill or character damage isn’t very interesting in the first place.

It should be pretty obvious. You gain the damage modifer of LoN but are able to use 2 or 4 piece class set bonus, but you have to trade legendary affixes and/or cube slots to do it. It’s just another build path. I would expect it to be weaker than a class set, however. Vyr may be stronger. The Wastes set may be stronger too, due to the overbudget 2 pieces.

I’ve played this game from Beta, and I don’t know what the hell this means. Too. Complicated. A legendary affix should be simple and concise.

1 Like

Probably could’ve clarified better, but the idea is that the proposed set bonus reduce the number of sets pieces required required by x amount for each set bonus (basically rorg). Then reduce the set bonus of all sets bonuses equipped (except for the Blackthorne set), this would negate the damage boosts offered by most sets 6 piece bonuses. Finally give a generic damage boost and damage reduction for each equipped legendary (similar to LoD/LoN).

Honestly, I only gave the idea 5 mins worth of brainstorming.