Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

I can’t help it, you have 2 words (3 if you count 80%) and edited 2 times…=) Not making fun because it’s something I would also do.

I like the idea for WD getting some attention on this. I however think it needs to be 80% like some of those items for other classes you mentioned. WD has crappy movement and no shields like wizard. The main way to get life gain for any skill that does damage sucks as well, so I think it needs to be 80%…getting rid of soul harvest as a must would be a bonus…

I am a notorious editer; one is because I directly replied to the post. It’s automatic edit; and I realized I typo’d 90% instead of 80%.

I hope that u r right. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Pretty nice job overall however it’s a little bit hard to understand when you use abbreviations for everything, I for one have a hard time trying to understand everything and keep in mind that you are trying to give advice to Blizzard and they may not understand what you are trying to say.

Could I recommend…

1 Like

Thanks for this, this will help me but I don’t know if Blizzard will have the time to go over everything in that list.

Something that had me confused though was the: “EF - Echoing Fury (BARB skill)” I’m pretty sure that Echoing Fury is a weapon and not a skill so would you mind explaining this?

There is still a long time before PTR release. Guess I will check out POE in the meantime. The alternative legendary on POE sound cool, hope that diablo 3 can adopt some element from them.

As clearly they are stealing blackhole and slowtime from diablo 3.

1 Like

Solo GR need more exp. 25% more exp from orek (by closing a GR).

You cannot use gem of ease two of it? Make a cap of lvl110 of it and you can play with two of it (with double sword or crossbow).

Custerian Wristguard: Picking up gold grants triple experience

2 Likes

Recently, I had been running GR100 with public players, and it took our party to cleared it around 5:30 minutes on average and I can clear GR100 on my own at 4:30 minutes on average.

If it is not because of 30% EXP bonus for the group, I don’t even know why am I even bother to play public GR100 with others. Your suggestion will outright made me ignore the public GR100 for good because this will be the most efficient way to level.

You need to understand that not everyone has a dedicated team/friends that actually communicate on skype/voice chat when it comes to running GR.

And there’s the rub, those dedicated groups are capable of getting 80-120% more XP (total, after including the higher levels of GRs and bonus XP) for the same amount of time playing that solo players get (and groups of non meta players).

How do you balance it so that those dedicated group players do not end the season with double the XP that other players get with the same amount of time spent playing?

you remove “Strength in numbers” and equalize XP for solo and group rifts. This is a common, over-arching theme on the forums, but Blizzard is surprisingly reluctant on doing the simple thing of removing Strength in Numbers.

5 Likes

Working as intended.

By getting your own dedicated group players too?

Reluctant? They never have the intention to do that because their goal is always making sure that group play is rewarding.

Group play is already more rewarding. You may do a lot harder content with more rewards. Unfortunately, Strength and numbers then double-dips on this by further increasing the XP.

2 Likes

Yeah, very “rewarding” for my case:

If you’re point is you can do it solo faster than a group, I’m sorry, that’s not much of a argument. It sounds like you had a bad GR group. A group should easily clear GR 100 in less than four minutes, sometimes in less than two (!) minutes.

1 Like

Seems quite fair that a good solo player can do something faster than a bad group.

But a good solo player and an equally good group, should be similar in speed and strength. Likewise for a bad solo player and a bad group.

That is just making skill matter a little more.

My point is if there is no group bonus, there is literally no reason why should I play public GR when I can clear GR100 faster and more efficiently on my own. Group XP is the reason why people or I even bothered to play public GR with randoms.

Then don’t? Play solo if you can solo more efficiently then a group can. But that is not the case for the vast majority of players.

Go play your way if you want too, bro. Meanwhile, other groups are speed running 115-120s while you’re doing 100’s.

2 Likes

The reason to play in groups is one of the following:
#1 You enjoy playing in a group.
#2 You can accomplish more as a group than you can as an individual.

Groups that are accomplishing less as a group rather than as individuals, quite simply, should NOT be rewarded for it!

I’m not really sure why you want to encourage people to play Public Rifts, they are horrible, what with all the being kicked for not having enough paragon, or playing the right meta class or spending 20+ minutes figuring out who is going to play what class/role, etc. finally starting to run rifts and then someone has to go… They are a complete waste of time. Just play in groups with friends. If your goal is to encourage Public Rifts, then remove the 30% group XP bonus and add a 30% Public Rift XP bonus, but even that is not worth the hassle.

But really, when people are talking about the XP difference for Solo vs Group play we are not talking about people playing Public Rifts, they are talking about people that grind out 3000-5000 paragon in a season. These people grind efficiently and the Group Players are getting almost double the XP of Solo players in a season with the same number of hours spent. There is nor REAL reason for this, it is an arbitrary decision and an artificial bonus. They could easily decided to shrink this bonus or remove it entirely and even the playing field. Many of the changes needed to alter this balance are super simple requiring very little dev time, like changing the XP bonus, changing the increased HP for the monsters per player in the game, etc.

1 Like