Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

I think it would be better to completely remove large maps from GR 145 + and leave only spaghetti, sewers and barracks. This could potentially nerf any “solo 150 GRs” since all thease clears are from large maps with conduit. That will mean no more 2k keys fishing for perfect (battlefields, woods,) map. Also no more need for nerfing sets that are fun to play to unplayable sets, based on a few perfect map clears. If GR 150 represents the pinnacle of this game, it should be really difficult to conquer. It is better to change map, density , and monstertype, instead of nerfing sets and legendaries. Of course completing this rift with a lot of minutes to spare means that set is really OP and should be adjusted. I think, this is the easiest solution to “how to make GR150 less reachable” problem.

1 Like

Maybe simple “highest element % = all element dmg + highest element resist = all resist” could make this ring viable. You sacrifice one ring slot, but gain 5-6 gear rolls instead of +130 all resist. And if you manage to get gear with the same secondary resist = mega profit

Make SOJ’s affix “all element damage counts towards your highest element damage”, so if you have 20% cold and 19% fire, you have 39% cold.

2 Likes

That would not just make it so that you wanna focus on one %Elemental Damage Affix, but also only on one Single Elemental Resistance, which is very, very difficult to gear for.

Also, what we need in the ring slot are additional, viable offensive rings, so splitting SoJ’s power into 1/2 offensive and 1/2 defensive might actually not be the best thing to do. I’d rather go full offensive with the SoJ at this point in time.

And the current offensive bonus is not even a buff, since you can have the same the same amount of elemental damage to all elements also to a single element by just stacking a single %elemental damage without the SoJ and get the same effect, since most builds only use one element anyway.

No, the least thing that should happen is that the sum of all different Single %Elemental Damage Bonuses come together and buff All Elemental Damage instead and that the Elemental Damage and the Elite Damage on the SoJ gets a noticeable buff.

There are other and better ways to nerf builds and thereby prevent the GR Level Cap to be reached…

There is a reason for why people call GR’s a ‘Hallway Simulation’ with a negative connotation.

suggestion! Molten Arrow :grinning:

Augustine’s Panacea - Elemental Arrow gains an effect based on the rune:
Elemental Arrow without rune leave a trail of fire in its path that deals 300% damage per 3 seconds and deal damage increased by ???%.
Ball Lightning now travels at 30% speed and deal damage increased by ???%.
Frost Arrow damage and Chilled duration increased by ???%.
Immolation Arrow ground damage over time increased by ???%.
Lightning Bolts damage and Stun duration increased by ???%.
Nether Tentacles damage and healing amount increased by ???%.

and maybe

Kridershot - Elemental Arrow now generates 4 Hatred and deals ???% more damage.

1 Like

If Dev(s) really want to “balance” some aspects of the game, why not completely remove the chance to succeed or fail when upgrading legendary gems by Urshi.

Just allow us to freely update our gems up to 150 rank even if we only can clear a 90-110 GR max only (or lower).

This change would allow to actually TEST the limits of whatever build we desire to play whether it’s a META build or some random one we came up with and like to play. This would also allow making 750 augments with ease.
Yeah it would make META groups run 150 GRs in the FIRST or SECOND day of a new season, but honestly who cares.
Those who BOT, use THUD, exploits or play in 4 Man META groups ONLY for 10+ hours a day will ALWAYS be far ahead of casuals who can only play for 2-6h a day if they’re lucky…
Some players with over 2000-3000 paragon can’t even clear a certain GR for example 120 or 130 while others with 1000-1500 or even less can, so I see no problem with doing it.

Another problem is the BIG advantage that people gain from having 2500-4000 paragons or more in season over casuals or those who prefer to play SOLO rather than spend 6-12+ hours a day in META groups.

Why not FIX it by changing the amount of Experience you gain, by completing Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, so EVERYONE could have a chance of having at least a 2000-3500 (or more) paragon in season even if they only play 2-6h a day, by the end of the season or even in MID season (or a month of playtime).
Just Hard Cap paragon in season to 4000 or 5000 and for those who prefer non season hard cap it to 10000 paragon and when you hit 10k paragon the only way to get more is by getting 4000 or 5000 paragon in season…

Below is how I think both Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts EXP rewards should really look like… (click on the “play button” to expand)

New GR completion EXP rewards:
  • GR150 - 150,000,000,000
  • GR140 - 140,000,000,000
  • GR130 - 130,000,000,000
  • GR120 - 120,000,000,000
  • GR110 - 110,000,000,000
  • GR100 - 100,000,000,000
  • GR 90 - 90,000,000,000
  • GR 80 - 80,000,000,000
  • GR 70 - 70,000,000,000
  • GR 60 - 60,000,000,000
  • GR 50 - 50,000,000,000
  • GR 40 - 40,000,000,000
  • GR 30 - 30,000,000,000
  • GR 20 - 20,000,000,000
  • GR 10 - 10,000,000,000
  • GR 1 - 1,000,000,000

This means that if you complete a 135 GR you get 135,000,000,000 EXP, if 136 GR 136,000,000,000 and so on…

New Nephalem Rifts EXP rewards:
  • T16 - 7,500,000,000 - 10% of GR75 Exp reward
  • T15 - 7,000,000,000 - 10% of GR70 Exp reward
  • T14 - 6,500,000,000 - 10% of GR65 Exp reward
  • T13 - 6,000,000,000 - 10% of GR60 Exp reward
  • T12 - 5,500,000,000 - 10% of GR55 Exp reward
  • T11 - 5,000,000,000 - 10% of GR50 Exp reward
  • T10 - 4,500,000,000 - 10% of GR45 Exp reward
  • T9 - 4,000,000,000 - 10% of GR40 Exp reward
  • T8 - 3,500,000,000 - 10% of GR35 Exp reward
  • T7 - 3,000,000,000 - 10% of GR30 Exp reward
  • T6 - 2,500,000,000 - 10% of GR25 Exp reward
  • T5 - 2,000,000,000 - 10% of GR20 Exp reward
  • T4 - 1,500,000,000 - 10% of GR15 Exp reward
  • T3 - 1,000,000,000 - 10% of GR10 Exp reward
  • T2 - 500,000,000 - 10% of GR5 Exp reward
  • T1 - 10,000,000 - 10% of GR1 Exp reward

Master - 7,500,000 Exp reward
Expert - 5,000,000 Exp reward
Hard - 2,500,000 Exp reward
Normal - 1,250,000 Exp reward

New Bounties EXP rewards:
  • 10x more EXP from NORMAL to T16 EXP reward for completing a bounty

All of these changes would make EVEN playing in public games much more rewarding as you wouldn’t have to worry of constantly finding below 1000 paragon players if you wanted to run highier GR clears, cause gaining a LOT more Experience would be much easier than it is right now if if you can’t play more than 2-4 hours a day…

These changes would benefit mostly players who want to play any build they like and have fun with and don’t want to be forced to play the ONE or TWO only META builds capable of clearing the highiest GRs…
Sure there still would be only ONE or TWO (sometimes even 3) builds for pushing highiest GRs for most classes, but at least you could have a chance to check how far you can get with any build you personally come up with, instead of relying on sites like Diablofans or the leaderboards or even using D3planner for “theorycrafting”, just to play the same build everyone else does

3 Likes

suggestion!

New function for Artisans - HIRE

if you hire one of the artisans instead of one of the followers then…

…Haedrig will follow you and pick up crafting materials (Reusable Parts, Arcane Dust, Veiled Crystal) and Items (normal, magic, rare) for you, and these items are automatically salvage

…Shen will follow you and pick up Death’s Breaths, Forgotten Souls, Gems and Blood Shards for you

…Myriam will follow you and pick up Legendary and Set items for you

1 Like

This will never happen. I think the absolutely most we can hope for is a legendary that picks up crafting mats. the devs have actively and repeatedly opposed this feature in the past, stating it takes away something from the game. I disagree.

There used to an item in game called Stolen Ring. I believe it was re-purposed already…maybe Band of Might? But it would have been perfect for this. I was sad to see it go, being changed into something…not this.

First, I would like to see the Witch Doctor’s damage mitigation item on par with all other classes.
Why must Lakumba’s have to be stacked 10 freaking times to deliver what 1 action of other class items do?
Karini, Arlyse, Wraps of Clarity, Spirit Guards, Band of Might, Dayntee’s Binding. Each and every one grant’s the full mitigation inherent to the item with a single action.
In addition, to get 10 stacks of Lacumba’s Witch Doctors have to use a mandatory second skill slot, while all other classes require just one?
Lakumba’s should be changed to: While Soul Harvest is active take 50-60% less damage.

Second, when all this balancing is done I would like to see true parity for group play. A game where AoE builds are comparable across classes, and Single Target skill are roughly equal.
It would be great if Meta was redefined from Most Effective Team Available to Most Effective Tactics Available.
So that a Cluster Arrow DH, a Meteor Shower or Hydra Wizard, a Fire Bats or Jade WD, an Earthquake or Furious Charge Barb, an EP Monk, or Condemn Crusader could serve as the group DPS.
So that a Vyr’s Wizard, an Impale or Rapid fire DH, a HotA Barb, or a Darts WD, could serve as RGK.
A game where any combination of AoE and Single Target builds could compete for the upper levels of the Leaderboards, or just push higher GR for group satisfaction.

A game where any class could participate without being ostracized. Where players could play the class and builds they actually have fun with, and still be welcome and competitive.

Sigh. A bit too much to ask for, I suppose.

1 Like

hey Devs how about patch notes? :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably (80%) Thursday.

I can’t help it, you have 2 words (3 if you count 80%) and edited 2 times…=) Not making fun because it’s something I would also do.

I like the idea for WD getting some attention on this. I however think it needs to be 80% like some of those items for other classes you mentioned. WD has crappy movement and no shields like wizard. The main way to get life gain for any skill that does damage sucks as well, so I think it needs to be 80%…getting rid of soul harvest as a must would be a bonus…

I am a notorious editer; one is because I directly replied to the post. It’s automatic edit; and I realized I typo’d 90% instead of 80%.

I hope that u r right. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Pretty nice job overall however it’s a little bit hard to understand when you use abbreviations for everything, I for one have a hard time trying to understand everything and keep in mind that you are trying to give advice to Blizzard and they may not understand what you are trying to say.

Could I recommend…

1 Like

Thanks for this, this will help me but I don’t know if Blizzard will have the time to go over everything in that list.

Something that had me confused though was the: “EF - Echoing Fury (BARB skill)” I’m pretty sure that Echoing Fury is a weapon and not a skill so would you mind explaining this?

There is still a long time before PTR release. Guess I will check out POE in the meantime. The alternative legendary on POE sound cool, hope that diablo 3 can adopt some element from them.

As clearly they are stealing blackhole and slowtime from diablo 3.

1 Like

Solo GR need more exp. 25% more exp from orek (by closing a GR).

You cannot use gem of ease two of it? Make a cap of lvl110 of it and you can play with two of it (with double sword or crossbow).

Custerian Wristguard: Picking up gold grants triple experience

2 Likes