Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

It seems like WD is dead so far, hope they think again about it and nerf it softer.

4 Likes

It can be even worse than we think … Star Pact is NOT totally dead … He is just weaker and MUCH more dependent on a macro. I fear it could return as a nightmare

1 Like

Whether they do 3 trash killers, for example, make the game more interesting. I’m in favor of returning Star Pact, but not the way it looked. But wd has nothing but a new set, so don’t destroy it !!! Damn it doesn’t work anything !!! Except for the lightened season, no one will play, because in the off-season they ruin everything for us !!!

3 Likes

It’s a bad move. I reckon the WD build was in a good place in the meta.

2 Likes

I agree! They are being irrational.

They finally had a build that WD players could be part of the meta with, laughed the positive feedback and ruined it. Next they will want to know if WD players have phones, right?.. lol.

10 Likes

I am in favor of SP, but I am not in favor of Bazooka, he is very dependent on macro. Some still managed to use it without a macro, but after the last “adjustment”, it became much more difficult to play without a macro, it would be very bad if this build comes back.

Doesn’t the Jesseth change mean that set no longer buffs the damage of the skeleton mages? Meaning Scythe of the Cycle will now be better?

In the context of DH, yes. All primary skills are also generators. But that’s not univerally true, not all generators are primary skills. And not all primary skills are generators.

For example, wizard skills aren’t generators unless you use Shame of Delsere. And most WD primary skills are also not generators, unless you use a specific rune (e.g. Poison Dart: Spined Dart).

That’s not really true though. It’s true for DHs, but there are plenty of skills on other classes that are native generators but not primary skills. E.g. Furious Charge, Ground Stomp etc. Those count as generators, e.g. for the purposes of triggering the generator part of Bastions of Will, but they don’t count as primary skills (so don’t get buffed by things like Depth Diggers).

Skills can fall into one of four groups: primary skill and generator, primary skill but not generator, generator but not primary skill, and neither generator or primary skill. Primary skill and generator are independent characteristics of a skill.

Hunter’s Wrath applies to primary skills, regardless of their generator status. It just so happens that all DH primary skills are also generators. Wraps of Clarity applies to all generators, regardless of their status as primary skills. It just so happens that all DH primary skills are also generators. And EA and Chakram can be made to be generators (but not primary skills) with the appropriate items (Kridershot, Spines of Seething Hatred).

2 Likes

I can already tell from looking at this that the new set should include bone spirit as well. It is an entirely ignored skill that was a mainstay of D2.

I really think Inarius needs more of a buff. It’s practically the worst performing set in the game.

Since you’re adding another bone spear set, Change pestilence to include something like blood nova instead. 2 sets focusing around the same skill is silly and no one even bothers with bone spear for pestilence because lance and explosion are infinitely more powerful and cost no essence

1 Like

No, effectively what it means is you get 50% raw damage reduction from having “a” simulacrum. The damage is then split three ways. So, of the remaining 50%, divide 3. Leaving you roughly with 85% damage reduction. Combine that with solo pushing with a merc wearing Unity, and you’ll be in the 92-93% damage reduction. Then you factor in your own resists and all.

I also was hoping for an Elemental Arrow set.

Hell, I would love it so much to see the old pre-beta Molten Arrow back in action, which was basically an Elemental Arrow that left being a trail of fire.

One of the skills that I was the most exited to use:

Also if you wanna play a non-Fire LoD build, you kinda miss out on an eventual better ring than the SoJ. You still have to equip Magefist and Cindercoat and just for playing a non-Fire LoD build, you have to give up a ring.

Yeah, it has elemental damage and elite damage, but is that enough, at least with the numbers that it currently has?

Maybe the elemental damage and the elite damage on SoJ have to be buffed as well…

yes, that is a god idea!

then people still have to use cindercoat and magefist.

Maybe the bonus for the SoJ should be:
“All % [single] Elemental Damage now increases all damage instead.”

Then you could mix Frost Burn, Thundergods Vigor, Cindercoat, etc together and it would apply to all elements, not just one.

I have to respectfully decline that request of yours.

It is nothing against you, but it is just that this is not the kind of thing I personally post on reddit and also the way of phrasing it is generally not my style and beyond that I also had to explain what my motivation would be to post it, etc

Also, I can immediately tell you that the majority does not like Paragon Grinding.

But you can easily make a reddit account for that and post it there.

1 Like

Quite true. In that case, hopefully they do change Cindercoat to grant it’s bonuses to all elemental abilities. Seems to be the best course of action imo.

1 Like

why not lift the cap of LOD? too ugly to limit it at 99

RIP WD then. too sad

3 Likes

DH new set is pretty much another speedy movement channeling build like Barb’s WW and Monk’s PoJ lol…

It’s nice to see some buffs to necro but it’s not exactly what I was looking for.

There’s been a few good QoL changes that the community had suggested, sad to see them all being ignored by blizzard lol.

I didnt expect to see a nerf to sader and WD, i thought you’d bring other builds up to their level, not bring those 2 lower… Weird.

Really interested if the Holy Point Shot buff makes Impale DH a good RGK now. WIll definelty test a few things out during PTR and input my feedback.

Didn’t follow the latest PTR’s and blog? AoV / HF has been a nerf several times and still has a power above the rest. And WD was stronger than AoV, so it’s obvious that they were both going to be nerf.

75-100% should be ~ 5lvl. In addition we have Pestilance again with ~ 5lvl of buff. AoV / HF was nerff ~ 5lvl. So I think we have several options now. But of course, I don’t know if there will be any stronger interaction in this PTR with these new items and sets

3 Likes

Well I don’t know, it seems to be like that, but Jesseth set has another effect that could be replaced… or maybe they are going to fuse the actual effects with the new one. We have to wait and see. Anyway, if I remember well, Scythe of the Cicle’s effect only works with Bone Armor, so it wouldn’t work with my build, but just in case I have a Scythe of the Cicle stored in my stash so I’ll be alright.

The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses. It looks like group meta is now gone but this change only effects GroupM solo you Manitou so solo is uneffected. This entire patch seems focus around buffing solo play and bringing group back in line so ,ppl sent GGing 150s

Please change the ability that gets buffed by the 6-piece set bonus of the new Necromancer set to literally anything besides the worst Necromancer ability.

We didn’t ask for this and we do not want this. Please make a set that revolves around Bone Spirit or incorporates that ability in some meaningful way, rather than Bone Spear. Bone Spear already has a set in game that buffs it through the roof and there are no builds that use Bone Spear as a main damage dealer. Imagine that?!

If you are hellbent (get it?) on forcing us to use Bone Spear in some way - at least have the courtesy to make it automatically cast when we consume corpses or spend a charge of Bone Spirit, or something interesting!

Casting Bone Spear manually is not fun and hits very few targets. It’s too difficult to play with in it’s current design otherwise. If it was an automatic missile that we didn’t have to worry about then it would be fine.

Please, please, Blizzard. I am begging you to reconsider the new Necromancer set even before I see it played. Corpse Explosion builds, with the current suggested damage changes will be far better than this set will ever make Bone Spear, even with 2 free bone spears from the simulacrums. The problem is that Bone spear hits a very narrow line (because all of the other runes don’t do enough damage) of enemies in a large crowd of mobs. Whereas, Corpse Explosion and Corpse Lance, and literally any other Necromancer build with AoE can hit most or all of the huge pile of mobs. Bone Spear simply can’t compete at a high level no matter how much damage you make it do. Even as an RGK, there are significantly better options for Necros already such as Inarius.

Psst, btw Necros still have no class lego bracer. Just putting that out there. A Bone Spirit Legendary? Please?

1 Like