Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

They kinda did with the belt Hunter’s Wrath

• Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 45-60% 150-200% increased damage.

but i havent played in some time so i dont even remember if they belt buffs EA via kridershot

Nope. Note the wording is specifically ‘Primary skills’. That doesn’t include EA with Kridershot or Chakram with Spines.

Contrast this to Wraps of Clarity, which says ‘generators’. Wraps of Clarity work with EA + Kridershot and Chakram + Spines, but Hunter’s Wrath does not.

generator =/= primary skill. Primary skill only refers to Evasive Fire, Grenades, Hungering Arrow, Bolas, and Entangling Shot.

1 Like

What do they mean by “simulacrum now lasts forever”? If you activate it you have to deactivate it manually?

I think you just activate it and it’s on forever, and if you have that 2 piece set bonus they can’t die. So yea.

1 Like

Yes, of course it’s better.

OFFTOPIC

Can you link this poll to reddit man, I see you are active there: https://www.strawpoll.me/20060121/ Thank you!

The new DH set looks set to be a Strafe/Grenades setup, as that’s likely going to be the most potent combination with the right gear loadout.

I don’t see why not. CoE just buffs damage to particular elements in a cycle. It’ll almost surely stack with the SoJ enhancement, and it should - for you to use this you must eliminate Focus/Restraint, so it will definitely be a choice you have to make, especially if you use the aforementioned Strafe/Grenades build that bounces back and forth between generator and spender.

Yes. Think of it as the elemental damage version of the Monk’s old One with Everything passive.

Players will still have to choose between the likes of Focus/Restraint, Endless Walk, and the new CoE/SoJ compliment. That’s what the PTR is for - theorycrafters can test it out and see what it breaks, if anything. So go try to break stuff!

It will also play into what generator/rune combintaion you choose with the new 6-pc bonus to generators (primary skills). That’s what really makes the case for Strafe/Grenades, something that’s been asked for by many players for a very long time.

It would actually make sense to affect buffs as well, as those are temporary. As long as there is no snapshotting, this shouldn’t be much of an issue at all.

They could start by making Kridershot give more hatred per attack. If we’re going to be stuck with EA on the level it is now, it needs more hatred. If we don’t get more hatred, it needs about a 6x buff to even be worth considering. But yes, EA has really been lackluster. So much so that the only time I use it is when I’m leveling 1-70 and happen to find a Kridershot. Outside of that I doubt anyone even knows it’s there anymore. :frowning:

Generators are primary skills, but only if they are built-in. Spenders that become generators don’t count for items that are specifically worded for “primary skills” (as you alluded). Just clarifying that yes, the baseline generators are primary skills. Wording could definitely be improved on these items. :slight_smile:

I see… but if you don’t use the new set and just continue using your usual set with Haunted Visions, then I guess Simulacrum will be active till the copy dies, till you die or till you deactivate the skill. I’m asking because I use Haunted Visions with my Rathma + Jesseth build and I’m not planning to change it when the patch launches, so I’m wondering how will it work alone, without the new set.

coe wording was also changed to say “non-static” for the elemental boost.
Which implies that coe and soj wont combine…

4 Likes

if you use self sacrifice rune it would probably reset.

1 Like

We’ll be sure to find out once the ptr launches. If they can combine, that’d be a powerful combination for sure.

It also states that the functionality won’t change. Currently the functionality is that it stacks with any buff, and we don’t know where in the description the words “non-static” were inserted. That will be key, but it since the functionality is unchanged, it is likely intended to simply clarify the cyclic nature of the CoE buff itself. We’ll find out soon enough on the PTR.

CoE was designed after all to enhance a fairly narrow set of tools in use at any given time. And very few builds make use of enough elements to make this an issue, otherwise CoE would have been nerfed before now.

1 Like

Sure. Just think it is more interesting, if you used 2 different dmg type attacks, and still had to time them to the CoE cycle, instead of just doubling the CoE uptime . But for power gain, it makes sense to let SoJ and CoE work together. And might be needed to make it able to compete with the alternatives.
Seems like it should be pretty good for overall LoD power, which I can only support.

1 Like

entangling shot = 150% damage for all party?

Yeah, it says: “Added “non-static” to the wording of the legendary power’s description. The functionality is unchanged

Seems crazy. I wonder if it is just supposed to buff the DHs own dmg by 150%, forcing you to use multiple primary skills in the build.

yes. At least wording is ‘takes damage from all source’ it is for all party

no, it is supposed to buff all damage (including the party) like several items/skills does.

it is the biggest party damage buffer in game :slight_smile:

Why are you destroying wd? In the off-season 5000 paragon does not kill 150 gr in 4 players !!!
To play 150 gr you need min. 7000 paragon levels. Don’t ruin it !!!

2 Likes

I’m all for buffing other classes, but they didn’t have to do WD dirty like that. That nerf is totally unnecessary. Wow.

11 Likes

If you destroy wd Spirit baragge, there will be nothing that would kill 150 gr in 4 players in the off-season !!! Please don’t hit it, but work on the balance … there are clouds of items in the game that are not usable !!!

4 Likes