Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

Maybe. To me it reads like SoJ only boosts static dmg (as in, +dmg from gear), and not dynamic dmg changes from buffs. But who knows. It is not particularly obvious from Blizzards description.

Also, seems a bit disappointing DH isnt getting more changes to their other skills/items (there is impale of course). Looks like they could use it, when looking at leaderboards.

1 Like

Okay so looking at it more it seems that the necro set will be nice, and I can sort of see where they wanted to go with simulacrum. Bonespear needed a buff sure, I can live with them putting it on a new set, looks like simu is supposed to counteract the increased cost for bone spear, though I dont know by how much.

Some things though, simulacrum works with the channeling effect of iron rose, but it makes your clones cast your equipped death nova rune, not the blood nova that iron rose automatically casts.

They reduced the health cost to 1% with Haunted visions, does that actually do anything, isn’t it covered by life per second?, also is this effect on constantly or stops when you’re not in a fight?

For the dh though, I could see the new set breaking the game in several ways. Much of it may be how often strafe actually casts a primary skill.

One is the odyssey’s end effect, potentially making the dh the new go-to support build.

Bolas will cause lag beyond anything else, if the new set is throwing out bolas left and right.

But nontheless interesting things will happen with this.

1 Like

You mean the new Necro set looks broken, you’re basically unkillable and the damage potential is ridiculous.

This set is also easily a trash clearer or RGK, just swap a rune.

We’ll see on PTR, but this set is insane as is.

3 Likes

Does Siphon Blood being added to Mantel of Channeling do anytbing for Trag set? Maybe they should give Siphon Blood the 6pc bonus too?

1 Like

Are y’all really making the new necro set a Bone Spear only set?
Couple of nerfs to rat runs. ICD on Reapers wraps and simulacrum no longer casts an extra mage either with haunted visions?

TBH, a lot of the wording in the patch notes are confusing. Please clean up the notes.

2 Likes

S21 Theme: As long as you are playing Necromancer class you are doing it right and will annihilate everything otherwise go make a Necromancer and start playing season of DRAVEN!

1 Like

Season theme sounds very dull. Like Season 19 but worse since it’s timely fixed.
pushing means gathering mobs for 2 minutes? not even needing to kill anything yourself?

overall rather disappointed even though the DH set seems nice. hopefully they get the numbers right for it.

1 Like

What will be used to surround the Bone Spear set?

-The Bone Spear 2hd Scythe (Malfescent Spike if I recall)?
-Shadowhook?
-What jewelry? Haunted Visions and COE for sure, what else?
-Bone armor?
-Jaeseth’s?

Will Entangling Shot with Odyssey’s now belong in the S6 Impale Build?

No. You need a melee weapon for S2 bonus (S6 Impale would be garbage without that multiplier active), and many DH skills require a bow to be cast. There’s only a few skills a DH can use without a bow (e.g. Bolas, Grenades, Impale, Fan of Knives, Chakram), and Entangling Shot isn’t one of them.

4 Likes

Well-said. Thanks. I do not think an additional 100% (2x) multiplier is enough to push S6 Impale back to primacy.

2 Likes

Also because you can stack 120% fire damage, and I suppose that’s what SoJ is aimed at to fix. Just sad it will kind of make those items even more mandatory now, as the Swamp Land Waders weren’t bad enough already.

1 Like

just destroyed the fresh new Witch Doctor set. lol.
idk who’s decision that was, but, holy crap.

8 Likes

The balance teams decision because it needed it

1 Like

Doesn’t the 2 piece set bonus of Masquerade of Burning Carnival, mixed with Haunted Visions, make you completely indestructible? :thinking: That’s going to be nerfed real fast.

You’ll actually get 2 simulacrums too.

zdps GR150 clear incoming

Imo, they should either have cindercoat grant it’s rcr bonuses to skills of all elements, instead of just fire, or have stone of jordan apply said bonuses to whichever element the player stacked most. Also, maybe they can boost the elemental damage bonus that comes with SoJ.

1 Like

Not sure what was their target with Holy Point Shot buff but it is not enough. Not enough for solo or group play as RGK.

3 Likes

It looks very powerful. You considerably boost primary skills

• Hungering Arrow
  • Entangling Shot
  • Bolas
  • Evasive Fire
  • Grenade

Then notice what happens if you strafe

Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after.

This means you could be firing dozens of those primary kills while strafing for 5 secs.

1 Like

Please, please; please, please buff Elemental Arrow in some fashion. Giving a large damage bonus to Kridershot would be enough to make this skill usable. I really thought this patch would contain a buff to Elemental Arrow and it’s going to be so incredibly disappointing if it doesn’t get a significant buff. We’ve been waiting YEARS for this awesome ability to be viable.

7 Likes

I took a nice long break from S20. I guess I need to be a little more patient for S21’s PTR. Oh well. 6 days isn’t bad. Maybe I can sneak another play through on Icewind Dale EE. That will serve as my fantasy fix till 5/21.

Okay, just read about the Necro and the DH. Good thing I only play Barbarians now. Back in the day I played every class, Necro on a friends computer, and all I can say is Barbarian FTW! However, S21 looks like it could be interesting. Especially if everyone explodes with elemental power at the same time, each one with a different effect.