Patch 2.6.8 Balance changes Nerfs/Buffs

I don’t have high enough Para but this should bring AoV into line so there are 3-4 builds about the same power, which I’m guessing should be close to that 140GR range.

AoV updates for Fist of the Heavens:
2pc: should buff fist and maybe smite since the set was designed for FotH and not HF.
-damaging enemies with Heaven’s Fury increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Smite by 100% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times, multiplicatively.
-50% chance to cast Smite on any enemies that attack you.

4pc: 50 stacks are stupid, especially for defense or DR. DR needs to be instant or not procd at all because the FotH setup is squishy with no mobility buffs or DR while relying on heavy cooldowns. As others have stated would be nice to throw smite some love here.
-hitting with Fist of the Heavens or Smite reduces all damage you take by 55% for 10 seconds and restores up to 5 wrath.

6pc: no flavor…
-the damage of Smite, Fist of the Heavens, and Heaven’s Fury are increased by 20,000%.
-the active buff effects on your Laws of Valor are permanent.

Even though shotgun is nerfed with change to 2 piece, it’s buffed with everything else and it’s probably a little too good if anything. Further changes, take the CC component off Bracers of Fury and change shield of Fury to a straight 400-600% damage buff since it’s stupid with small capped scaling. With an ability(s) freed up and less annoying mechanics, can get some more useful skills too.

2 Likes

Buff everything. The game will feel more rewarding and enriching at the end.

6 Likes

What about Monks and Witch Doctors? They need buffs, we dont ever see them in a 4 man as a DPS role. There’s a lot of builds that needs buffs to damage and/or toughness to be honest.

3 Likes

They tend to balance around solo GR non-season clears. The 4 man meta class distribution since season 5 has always had two classes represented; however, that is a topic for a different thread.

1 Like

You can check the worldwide non-season leaderboards for yourself. I just did. Two classes account for 88.0% of all clears at or above GR 135? Do you want to guess the two classes?

Hint: More barbarians in the world have cleared GR 135 in era 12 than demon hunters, monks, necromancers, witch doctors and wizards COMBINED.

1 Like

No, because there is no longer such a character as Barbarian. There is a character named Whirlinding Render, however. I would like the Barbarian again.

I warned you about this, and I was right. The WW build is now over performing at an absurd level. As a Barbarian fan, I did not want one build, especially a boring build, becoming the entire leaderboard.

2 Likes

Why asking for a nerf when the same build won’t clear 150 next season ?

I just don’t understand people who cry about it and don’t use their brain and find why we can clear 150 in solo this season.
The answer is simple Pandemonium procs.

Their is nothing hidden the only reason people are able to clear 150 solo is this nothing more nothing less.

There are 5 GR 150 clears in non-season by crusaders. Crusaders are super strong without the pandemonium buff.

http://ranks.zeroempathy.org/e12.crusader

Rank BattleTag Class GR Time Paragon
1 Sky#23849 crusader 150 10:56 10867
2 ArThurCJ#5448 <黄金团> crusader 150 13:56 11601
3 二是个孤独的素质#5928 <速度与激情> crusader 150 14:19 10655
4 重新来过#51571 <小小兵> crusader 150 14:32 8990
5 Crucifix#3350 crusader 150 14:35 10362
1 Like

This is my concern with them over nerfing Lamentation, and we end up back using wall charge exploits, and lagging servers to death.

That is just a lie.

First of all wall charge was able to clear a 135, seismic slam build is able to clear a 138 if i don’t remember bad, so even in a terrible scenario in which they just remove lamentation damage buff, barbarian will be using slam instead of wall charge. Also current WW build lags the server too, because you still spam useless dust devils that make a lot of calcs.

The way to fix barbarian is, nerf WW 3 GR levels, and improve the 4 piece defensive buff to something like 60-70%, that way players will be able to drop band of might with less paragon and use COE, Also dust devils needs to be removed from the set, change it to blood funnel rune, that way rend will not spawn useless tornados that produce lag.
After that all you have to do is buff HOTA and SLAM builds, HOTA with the fjord bug was clearing 140, which means hota needs like 200-250% more damage. in the case of slam, a small buff of about 5 GR levels it’s pretty solid.

3 Likes

Absolutely. It is not only logical, sensible and any other word that indicates every class can reach a similar level within their chosen set or build, it is practical for all players, not just the ones that spend 12hrs per day or more on the game.

Nerfing is a last resort, not a first choice.

5 Likes

I think this is the consensus. Blizzard is trying to get there by buffing underperforming builds and nerfing overperforming builds. If you do not have the tools of both buffs and nerfs, then you end up in a situation of never ending buff cycle/powercreep until GR 150 would be like T6 for a 10,000 paragon player.

1 Like

As Free mentioned, few players are at 10K.
As I mentioned, not everyone has the luxury or the desire to play the amount of hours (12 or more) to get 10K paragons.

God damn! 11,601 paragons??? Brah with that amount of time and dedication to this game you deserve to clear a GR150 solo lol…These guys probably eats take outs and delivery food everyday.

2 Likes

OK… let’s consider a different metric for balance. What class has the most GR 125+ clears in non-season for players under paragon 2.3K in the America region? Would it surprise you to learn that 1 class has more of this type of clear than all other classes combined?

2 Likes

Way to quote out of context :roll_eyes:

I am not disagreeing with you on any of this. But that is the problem. The only way Barb could previously get to mid-high 130’s was to use an exploit, and a seriously boring one at that.

Yes, Dust Devils caused crippling lag, but area damage was also a major factor in that. Which from what I understand seems to be part of the problem now as well. A lot of high clears are going back to stacking AD, and hard casting Rend, which is what is causing lag now.

But how do you drop them 3 GR levels? Bearing in mind that some are saying that Pylons and Rage Flip are whats causing them to be OP.

Personally, I’d love Leap Quake to be strong again. They were some awesome builds to play. And there was even a variety of builds within the sets.

This is why I would love to see all classes have more than one set that’s viable. Variety.

how about the fact these sob’s have over 10k paragon on most cases? Sweet jesus I would certainly hope they can murder it at that level of paragon

2 Likes

That is not my point and the reason I think this topic has come up is for raising the other classes up to a similar facility.
This seems to be mutually agreeable.

Here are the top clears for a “weak” class

ank BattleTag Class GR Time Paragon
1 ArThurCJ#5448 <黄金团> necromancer 136 13:26 11577
2 Lenio#2877 necromancer 136 14:52 9473
3 九命#5342 <一花一世界> necromancer 135 13:40 10090

This is why certain classes need a buff while others need a nerf.

2 Likes

You have picked Asia. I play on all three regions. People on the Asia server are perpetually complaining about the botting because it is very rare for anyone there to be banned.
I have played with some great players that are half those paragons in public in Asia in all classes. some of the Korean players are excellent. You keep singling out top tier this is a poor representation of the entire community. Pulling only the leaderboards as well is by far not a good indicator.
You need the top 10,000 to get a better indication then average them and that is statistics 101.

3 Likes