Patch 2.6.8 Balance changes Nerfs/Buffs

You have to take into account that clearing GR 150 is not easy. It’s an incredible feat that takes a lot of patience and hundreds of keys to fish for that one GG map. They shouldn’t nerf a build because of this. Instead, they should buff the other class to make them on the same level with top-performing classes.

3 Likes

@Thanos, @Keyblade @JohnTravolta

Balancing is being done relative to non-seasons.

See the link to game producer’s comments

`https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/game-producers-post-on-game-balance/9648

And NERFing sets will just mean ppl simply dont play them .Why the hell would you want that.

6 Likes

This is my concern with them over nerfing Lamentation, and we end up back using wall charge exploits, and lagging servers to death.

4 Likes

The purpose of this thread is to seek ideas on the correct way to go about balance changes in the context of what we have been told by Blizzard. If you want to make a case why a specific class should not be nerfed/buffed, please make your own thread.

@Phoenix,

If you are concerned about the overnerfing lamentation, what % damage modifier is apprppriate in the context of trying to bring down the power a few GRs.

Part of the justification for me to make this thread is that I did not want a repeat of patch 2.6.7 where they overshot both a nerf and a buff.

I would rather reply to this thread to request 0 NERFS. Again look at VYRS as a perfect example. It got “NERF” / BALANCE and now nobody plays it. Buffing the underpar sets onto an equal playing field is what you do.
Hey guys i can GR120 oh wait Blizzard fixed my SET cause of forum QQers and now i can only do GR100s. RIP FUN… NO THANK YOU. BUFFS ONLY PLEASE

12 Likes

every time people talk about Nerf’s we go back to square one

2 Likes

I’m so done with these thread.

“Será Será”

8 Likes

After playing this game almost since vanilla, a couple of things seem sensible.

Anyone that plays this game often and not an 8-12 hour per day player, just daily for however long, knows the character classes well by now. The new sets now give them a facility to get from 90-120 without having to give up perpetual days of their life.

Rather than jumping on the ‘nerf’ wagon, perhaps considering raising the other sets to the similar facility might be a better option? It’s not something the devs can do overnight, but knowing than anyone that puts time in can achieve similar results with ANY set, to me, makes sense.

It’s only my opinion, but I like the new setsand new changes the way they are. As someone said, the Barbarian has pretty much been the poor second cousin and now it is not. The wastes set needs to stay the way it is. It is competitive with the other classes now and again for me, that is a good thing.

I do not expect anyone to agree, but that is my take on it.

7 Likes

That’s the issue. I am not yet convinced Lamentation is the problem.

Let’s work hypothetical then:

125% - not that big of a drop I guess, maybe a couple of GR’s, seems fair right? But that doesn’t stop the ease of grouping issue that people are saying is OP. Barbs can still pull entire maps to the Pylons. even people who have done high clears say that Pylons do most of the work, so would this even achieve anything at all in the end?

100% - Seems to be a common used number that people who want nerfs/balance use. This for my thinking would be over doing it, and you risk turning it into next seasons Chant Wiz, and that is, no one is playing it. You risk turning Barb only players back to wall charging exploits, which is horrifically boring, and then sending swing players (those that play different classes) to the next flavour of the month build.

Any number lower than 100% will definitely cause the above to happen.

Look, I don’t have a specific answer, because I don’t think this is a case of “nerf Lamentation” will fix the issue.

Dropping rend damage on lamentation to 100% from 150% is equivalent to ~1.5GR decrease in DPS.

For the math:

Without any rend damage modifier on lamentation, rend does 1X damage (with X being the sum of all damage modifiers)

At 150% rend modifier, the damage is now 2.5X. At 100%, the damage is 2.0X.

2.5/2.0 = 1.25

There is a 17% difference in monster health per GR level. A difference of 1.5 GRs would be equivalent to ~1.26 difference (1.17^1.5).

1 Like

That is not even close to accurate

2 Likes

What do you think is accurate? If you recall, the estimate of 7GR difference with rend at 200% (3x) versus no modifier at all (1X) when the details of patch 2.6.7 leaked at Blizzcon. 3=1.17^7

1 Like

Also of interest, for all the comments about Lamentation, I don’t remember seeing a single discussion about Ambo’s.

If you change the utility of Ambo, the build falls apart as you are obliged to hard cast rend always.

High clears are already hard casting Rend, and have gone back to AD, and are having server lag issues.

1 Like

One possibility is to make it that hard casting rend does not proc area damage. That would fix the lag and maybe the power of the build. Mathematically, I do not know what difference in GR clears this would make. I suspect that it would have to be empirically tested. I saw someone say that it would be 3-4 GRs.

Not sure if it’s the answer either, but it’s an interesting side note, Ambo’s takes a 15 second dot and blows it up in one second.

Yet that appears to have never been discussed as to whether or not it’s OP.

Yes, this could be modified instead of lamentation and/or the waste set bonus.

At least 1 with DH.
But I did many 140-145s with a DH. Keep in mind, that was before squirt era so bazooka wasn’t as strong. It was definitely the best in slot character for those runs, doing 2min boss kills fairly consistently, so like a good thorns necro but with fewer painful encounters. Sure, it wasn’t a spot in meta 150s (which were pretty rare at the time, especially in season), but saying it wasn’t part of the meta since S2 is greatly exagerating. First of all, it was meta in S3, and it was good enough to make front page of the LB in S10. Only reason it wasn’t the best was, you guessed it, a build that was nerfed (in this case, manald wizard with cow level exploit).

1 Like