Patch 2.6.8 Balance changes Nerfs/Buffs

Exactly cumulative. I took 6x7=42 and rounded to a nice even number (and because 40 is the number of hours in a “business” week historically).

P.S. I agree that it incredibly unlikely to be adopted; however, it would be very interesting to see how the leaderboards turn out.

1 Like

This one I’d like to see, especially given eveyone’s concern with power creep.

Everyone on the same level, with the exception of gem level, and skill, would be interesting to see how things shake out.

Out of curiosity, if you’re putting everyone at the same Paragon level, be it 10K or Zero, why would you need a play time cap?

1 Like

SVR for example and some more guys in ZE hate DH :))). There is even video evidence for this :slight_smile:

To limit excessive play time (including botting) that leads to better gear, additional bounty mats for reforging/crafting, more GR keys, etc…

1 Like

People might go for the same Paragon level, not so much the capping the play time.

Interesting idea though.

So what ? It’s not like he would go out of his way to make DH worse, does he ? Wudijo is also a fairly famous ZE, and DH is his class… Like all players, we each have our own preferences, that doesn’t mean we go out of our way (I talk as a ZE guy here) to make the classes we don’t like worse. To be honest, for me for example, I dislike DH. It’s not because I don’t like the class, it’s just that I don’t like being squishy, and I’m not a fan of ranged build. And not a fan of single target builds. This means right now, there is no real solo DH build that I like. But if blizzard was to make a new DH build that is tanky, AoE centric and melee, I would play it. At least try.
But for sure, I’m not gonna test the ins and outs of a DH build I don’t like… Unless it’s OP and I want to exploit it once it goes live cough cough bazooka cough cough.

1 Like

Because botters can only play the same time period a normal human being can, not 24/7, plus it makes it really easy to see who is botting if someone is stupid enough to try it with a timecap because of the multiple unsuccessful attempts to login once the 6 hour period has expired, or if the 40 hours are used consecutively :slight_smile:
If someone does time it while botting it is irrelevant because they cannot play any more or do any better than a really good player can.

It gives true results - real skills, real set deficiencies versus other sets/classes and true indicators of what each set is capable of instead of relying only in high paragons as a benchmark.

1 Like

Bassdude’s idea does not cap play time. It just caps play time in seasons (daily or weekly). In his initial proposal, if you want to play 12 hours in a day you still can. Only 6 of these hours could be on your seasonal character.

1 Like

I see what you’re saying, I like the idea even.

I just can’t see people accepting a limit on their playtime though.

lolwut?

It doesn’t cap play time, it just caps play time… :man_facepalming:

I agree, all hell would break loose (sorry for the pun).

Yes only in seasons. It is unfair to stop people who do want to play it all day by making it affect non-seasonal as well. That does not stop botting in non-seasonal, but it definitely would limit it substantially in seasons.

1 Like

Read what bassdude posted. In his initial proposal, you can still play diablo 24 hours a day. In this case 18 hours would be in non-season and 6 hours on your seasonal character.

1 Like

I agree that DH is squishy.

But 2 days ago you wrote this:

Yes Wudi is famous on DH but he played Crusader this season.

SVR is one of my favorite streamers btw. Because of personality.

:rofl: I see what you did there

Yep, I got that, but a play time cap is still a play time cap.

Remember, just like there are people who don’t play seasons, there are people who only play seasons.

See above.

If you really want to give people a test, how about the season of no set items.

Here’s the kicker, there is also no LoD gem.

Now that would make people have to get creative.

Agreed, that’s almost an “All yellow and all blue items season” Why not add a no legendary item season too? That will really set apart the good players. There’s a guy named Wodjec? I think? Something like that. He had a killer challenge rift up some time ago that very few people beat. Pretty much nearly all yellows.

We are getting a little off-track here though.

• The object is to get accurate readings of the sets and builds at a level that is even for all players, so the devs know properly what is lacking and needs work.
1 Like

That would be quite funny to see.

Hell, seasons might as well get a bit creative at this point.

Oops, sorry about that, I got distracted by not so shiny things :rofl:

I still think the idea of balance is a unicorn, especially in a game with unlimited paragon.

As I said in another thread:

At this point, the game is near as makes no difference to 8 years old.

It’s replacement has already been announced.

We are not getting new expansions or content.

In all seriousness, at this point, what does it matter if people can solo 150?

And without getting silly about it, it’s not like GR150 is achievable for everyone. But if all classes were to have a build that was “capable” of clearing GR150, in top level players hands, is that such a bad thing?

4 Likes

Capping playtime makes zero sense.

I paid for this game and I plan to play it as little or as much as possible.

I respect that.

Botting needs actual solutions, limiting play to curb botting just hurts the legit players.

2 Likes

Lets say they did take on the idea of a 10K paragon fixed for one season, the entry to leaderboards is likely to be around 130+ It does not transfer so it is only for the three month period.
In saying that, a no paragon season would not have the seasonal leader anywhere close to what it is now.

1 Like

ALL THIS TOPIC NEEDS IT THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT

No to any NERFS. BUFF underperforming sets

4 Likes

Yep, I’d moved back to the general topic of buff/nerfs in general. Not specific to seasons.

What I meant is right now, DH has a fairly low power level damage wise so it needs to get all the dmg buff it can in order to clear high solo grifts. And as a result, it sacrifices survivability in order to get damage. Like, how often do you see a DH run Elusive ring + Vengeance + Wraps of clarity + Fortress balista + Shadow power + … ? Well, not that often, cause they need the deeps. But zDH (which was more or less meta at some point) can get crazy amount of toughness, probably more than a zBarb even. Compare that to a necro, necro has overall way less options to get toughness. It has the golem breach (30%), dayntee (50%), and lornelle (does not prevent getting oneshot from 100% HP). And I guess you can also count the curse, and some armor through potency/stand alone.
If you give DH a build that can clear 150 4p, it is likely going to be very powerful damage wise in solo, and they could just lose some of that deeps and include damage reduction instead and still do a lot of damage in solo.

Look at bazooka, it is a broken build in 4p and is also very strong in solo. It does have one critical flaw, and that is to be very very bad in single target DPS. I don’t think they could make a DH build that bad against a single target, as most DH skills are not “big cooldowns that if it doesn’t crit you have to wait 30 seconds”. As a matter of fact, only fan of knives is. At least when I think of DH, I think ranged attacks, resource management, dodging… Which does not work so great with the current 4p meta, which is usually “big cooldowns, big area damage, scales well with density, preferably melee”.

That being said, I would like to see DH come back as a trash killer because :
1 - one of my best friends would take a break from wow classic and come back to d3 to test it
2 - I don’t really like playing wizard, and as such, I never played bazooka/star pact. At least I would probably play DH and get to be a trash killer every once in a while !

So hopefully, blizzard can find a way to buff a DH build so that it is 150-in-sub-10min viable in 4p, but not >143 solo. Which I don’t think is likely, hence why I said it’s probably not happening.

1 Like