Patch 2.6.7 PTR Notes Are Up

And DH’s get…

A fix to Squirts.

• Squirt’s Necklace
    • Fixed an issue where some ground effects were causing the Squirt’s Necklace buff to fall off despite being shielded

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23179288/patch-267-ptr-begins-1017-10-14-2019?blzcmp=app

• vyrtodo nerf incoming - forums are gonna burn^^
  • they’ll introduce new sets (DH is not in this patch, though - next one they have to upgrade 3 classes) - maybe next one
  • not sure about the killstreak thing. Hard to maintain solo (at least for certain builds) - not sure how it will work in groups.

1000 Kills: Jay Wilson pic: “Toasty”" like in MortalKombat.

3 Likes

Got 960+ in the “Not a Cow” level with two different sets. Might have to seriously go for the 1k kill streak next season.

It’s tempting to throw some DH side eye at the Barbs who got buffs this patch, and will get new sets in the future. Heck, all we’ve asked for is to get our DH Builds post pinned.

2 Likes

I just read the notes. Basically, here is the summary:

• Seasonal buff announced based on kill streaks: a stacking bonus of 0.05% movement and 0.1% damage per stack up to 1000 kills, additional effects occur at certain kill numbers, the stacks disappear after 5 seconds of not killing or hitting anything (similar to Gogok), stacks are shared in a group setting.
  • Crusaders and Monks got their new sets with a few adjusted supporting legendaries (Fist of Heavens-oriented for Crusader and Tempest Rush/Sweeping Wind-oriented for Monk)
  • Barbs got a number of adjustments on various legendaries and sets for Rend, Seismic Slam, Hammer of the Ancients, and Call of the Ancients
  • Wizards got their Chantodos pruned (goodbye Vyr’todo GR dominance)
  • Necromancers got their Bone Ringers capped at 60 (goodbye thorns Necro RGK)
  • Witch Doctors and Demon Hunters got NOTHING LOL
  • Squirt’s Necklace bug (buff loss due to ground effect) fixed
  • Misc minor QoL stuff: auto-pickup GR keys, LoD gem is now a higher priority gem drop from GR boss

From the DH perspective, we now can probably participate more often as RGK but since Starpact was not nerfed, Wiz still are WAAAY far ahead for trash clearing.

TL;DR:
Barbs :slightly_smiling_face: @ refurbished toys
Crusaders :smiley: @ new toys
Demon Hunters :unamused: (do we still exist?)
Monks :smiley: @ new toys
Necromancers :rage: @ Bone Ringer nerf, :relieved: @ no other nerfs
Wizards :rage: @ Vyr’todo nerf, :relieved: @ no other nerfs
Witch Doctors :unamused: (do we still exist!?)

2 Likes

Eh… nothing for us this time around. This was basically the melee classes patch. Hopefully we get our set next patch and are not the last class to receive them.

1 Like

This seems… dumb. That’s +50% movement speed and +100% damage at 1,000 kills. In most situations your massacre count will be far, far less.

Sweeping Wind for Monks seems neat.

I hope that Vault (Danetta’s) will not get overlooked when Demon Hunter gets a turn.

1 Like

Somebody finally listened it seems…

1 Like

These bonuses seem like lag monsters for sure…

Yeah I think 200 or 300 for the max bonus would be more reasonable, with say a 10 second timer between hits to account for bad rifts with dead spaces at entrances/exits to floors. The only times I’ve gotten a 1k+ kill streak myself was in Not the Cow Level.

2 Likes

I’d even say 400 might be fair, since the ??? surprise might be worthwhile. But I definitely agree, it’s at least double what it probably should be for the stacks/bonus component.

I’ve made the 1k kill streak a whole one time in D3 - act 1 map farming paragon at the start of a season up to about 500. It is nigh on impossible to do unless you get fatties and zombies.

It should make for some insane farming speed clears though on the right maps, especially when stacked with other speedy builds. Looking forward to echoing fury with this one.

1 Like

Not The Cow Level is ideal for this…

Ruins of Corvus could also work. Run through it, opening all the doors and making all the little creepie-crawlies come out of the walls, then run back through killing everything. Combine that with a Boon of the Hoarder on T16 and you’ll also get a massive gold streak.

1 Like

After reading comments in other threads about the Bone Ringer cap, it does look like S6 may be more accepted as RGK.

1 Like

I’m pretty good with just getting Squirt’s fixed for now. That is if they really fixed it as in Boss’s ground effects don’t take the buff away, frozen, anarch charges, poison clouds, all that stuff.

But from the look of it, it might be just the ground stuff that got fixed. I guess that’s not too bad but anarch’s taking the buff away too was also super annoying.

1 Like

DH’s didn’t need anything. Their gear and sets are in an amazing spot.

QQ

3 Likes

Yep…an amazing spot outside the meta 99% of the time…(and no, I’m not qq’ing about me not being in the meta, speaking on behalf of the top DH’s that should be).

1 Like

Pulled this from a Nev post in General with tons of qqing about Chantodo nerf…

On a related note, because I totally forgot to put this in the patch notes and it’s my bad, we are adding new cosmetics next patch for Season 19. Just like the Galactic Wings in S17, there will be a pet and portrait frame available for completing the whole Season Journey. This is in addition to the Season 7 rewards that will be making a return for completing Chapter IV.

1 Like

The big question… Have they fixed Squirts? Enquiring, but too lazy to run this PTR, minds want to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

No clue as still at work…but Miss Cheetah just posted the pet is a Tyrael Goblin…

1 Like

Saw over in the bug report forum that the seasonal kill streak buff is proc’d in the set dungeons. That would make things interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like