Paragon Cap, vigilante belt and FotH build in S29

My fellow Crusader brothers, with the new patch notes and the changes to vigilante belt being a set piece and to the paragon we can now stack attack speed 200 which will buff FotH build tremendously however we will be sacrificing the captain belt which buffs out dmg via cooldown reduction.

Would these changes make this new build better than Heavens fury build now?
Please share your thoughts and provide feedback.

Horrible idea to attach the power to vigilante belt. It locks out both variants of the existing build - Crimson/Guardian - and with the paragon cap it will be difficult to not utilize either set.
It should have been added to either khassetts cord or the AoV set bonuses.
No surprise though that these devs would not think that far ahead.
:-1:

It is difficult to say which will be king. The loss of defense from Captain Crimson concerns me more than the CDR/Damage loss. It may come down to going Esoteric Alteration + Mutilation Guard or something crazy like that to even keep Khassett’s Cord, though I feel like keeping Crimson may just be the smartest play.

FotH will require Movement Speed and potentially AS, that too must come from somewhere.

Could Echoing Fury become more valuable than Norvald’s? It has tremendous synergy with Vigilante.

We can easily get 81% CDR thanks to the paragon rework. This almost lets us maintain:

• Akarat’s Champion: Prophet
  • Iron Skin:Flash
  • Laws of Hope: Wings of Angels
  • Provoke:Hit Me

Iron Skill requires Gogok and Leoric’s Crown to become permanent.

Can 100% uptime of these buffs carry the defense?

2 Likes

you need to also consider that with the new paragon system u can forsake CDR and go full movement speed and atk speed, this will buff FotH tremendously as long as we can have vigilant belt and Norvalds, all u need to do is spam horse and Foth.

CDR might not be needed in this build.

With the changes to paragon I don’t think crimson will be needed much anymore for any build in the game… I wouldn’t worry about belt slot being used by Vigilante belt… I’ve long wanted crimson or guardian sets out of builds, they use up slots that could better be used for other things, such as Nemesis. Maybe Crusader can now become a build where you can run Nemesis always on higher GRs to further speed up speed GRs.

That may be the case in the very beginning stages of 800 paragon, before you augment and perfect your gear. Like when you’re running around with a newly cobbled together 6pc set and 8000 strength.

Do NOT forget… Crimson will soon grant 52% DR with maxed out 40% RCR from paragon. If you choose to run Laws of Valor, Unstoppable Force, it’ll grant 76% DR. (up from 64%).

Here is how to compare fleshed out builds in S29. Let’s say my character reaches 800 paragon, has good gear, and 125 augments totaling 17642 main stat.

Swapping to Guardian’s Jeopardy boosts my main stat from ~17642 to ~26942, see the breakdown.

Paragon Base Gear + 5 Royal Gems 125 Augments Base Stat Main Stat Main Stat w/ 3pc Damage from 3pc
800 9300 8125 217 17642 26942 52.71%

With very good Gear, Captain Crimson wins on the damage front, especially when us Crusaders aim for +78% CDR to gain full time Akarat’s Champion.

Now let’s talk about the defense gains of Guardian’s Jeopardy

Armor: 30,724 → 42,349 = 25.35% DR
HP: 434,722 → 848,722 = 95.23% HP

The eHP is impressive at +261.5%

Now let’s look at Captain Crimson’s:

@20% DR (No RCR) = 125% eHP
@52% DR (40% RCR) = 208.33% eHP
@76% DR (40% RCR + Unstoppable Force) = 416.66% eHP

You can see the potency of Unstoppable Force, combined with paragon RCR. Some builds are less affected by the sacrifice of Area damage/Life Per Hit. In the end, you’ll likely tweak your paragon based on feel.

What Will our Best 6pc Set Builds Take?

• AoV Fist of the Heaven’s build, you can either take take Guardian’s for double belts, or Crimson to help with buff uptime.
  • AoV Heaven’s Fury is now more user friendly and will enjoy CDR from Crimson.
  • Invoker Thorns will stick with Captain Crimsons. (incredible to go 40% RCR and 40% AS)
  • Akkhan’s PhalCon can take both sets.

Other classes may have an easier time deciding between Guardian’s vs Crimson.

1 Like

They should switch the new power to bracers

Thanks for the demonstration, dmkt.

Not that it’s a huge deal, but it would now be an even nicer QoL improvement that the armory saves parangon points distribution.

FoH new belt is weird, it only works when Steed Charge is active. I think overall Khassett’s is still better, or am I missing something?
Currently I’m using Guardian set and it’s doing quite well

ok nvm, basically if you can get full uptime of steed charge and get a high attack speed, it basically just constantly autocasts, it’s pretty damn strong

It should still keep the power and damage buff active for 5 seconds after using steed charge, so that you can actually also attack yourself for pushing scenarios

2 Likes

im the rank 1 valor GR138 (not done with pushing) and by hearing what you say, you clearing dont know how to play the build and the game LUL

2nd place is 131 or 132.
Im 138 and going higher !

My wounds are deep! Heal me!

your truly not kiting. you are face tanking in every build.
S29 with paragon cap will make you quit

Blanket statement. Try LoD Bomb.

1 Like
  • Attaching the new FOH bonus to a belt slot was terrible because of Khasset belt
  • Every set-based crusader build runs the crimson belt because CDR stacking is absurdly powerful for all crusader builds
  • FOH still hits like a wet noodle with the valor set relative to HF, which combined with the 800 paragon cap will make the pushing/farming ceiling for a pure FOH build worse than even S27 (the sanctified FOH power season)
  • new FOH bonus should have been put on a bracer or finger slot

^ That guy gets it. FOH is still relegated to a T16 build and maybe getting 125 augments in echoing nightmare. LOD bomb rules over FOH in everything else including GR pushing or 2-3 min GR farming. This is true even with the gigantic power loss of the altar removal. You can still get consistent sub 10 second bombardment cooldown with CDR stacking, akarat’s awakening, and lord commander passive (can go on hellfire neck). LOD bomb single target damage is terrible even with stricken stacking through punish, but FOH single target damage is terrible too.

1 Like