Paragon Cap Sucks

Check the SSF leaderboards in game.
People are blasting GR130s in every class with an 800 cap and doing it all by themselves.
There are GR150s cleared indicating further balance is needed.

1 Like

There was a negative response against the S29 paragon point allocation cap. I would argue calling it overwhelming is quite the hyperbole.

In fact, a substantial number advocated for tbe cap or explicitly stated that they liked the cap.

1 Like

The greatest advocators for Paragon Cap, the streamers that even created a document with many other changes, several of them being implemented in S29, stopped playing after a week calling the Season “Dead”

Meanwhile, if you look at the leaderboards, this is clearly the least played Season in a long time

Stop hurting the game, please. There are plenty of ARPGs without infinite progression, D3 had something unique that a lot of players liked.

3 Likes

This is the first season start where D4 existed concurrently. There was going to be a falloff of D3 players.

If you look at the leaderboards, thousands of D3 players have been active in S29.

1 Like

To be fair, very few care about streamers or what they think.

Ask the players themselves what they think.

1 Like

For the Raxx list, he explicitly asked D3 players including on this D3 forum.

Please see:

That thread had 374 posts.

Its not about what they think. If even the most hardcore players asking for this only lasted a week, that should give you a hint

Please… D4 has very few players currently, at least untill S2, and in every Season there is always some new game launching. This isnt because of D4, and you know that

The “thousands” playing it are just the ones that just completed the Season for the rewards, there are very few actually pushing the leaderboards

1 Like

That depends on how one would define “most hardcore”. Some mistake streamers for being those people when that’s an incorrect viewpoint. I’ve even seen some incorrectly brand some posters here as “hardcore” and invent their own rationale as to why. Just because a person spends 90% of their Diablo time on the forum doesn’t make them hardcore.

The fact is many like the S29 theme.

Ironically,I looked at the Raxx thread and found some familiar names (not you). These individuals posted in ithat thread and remained silent on the proposed paragon cap.

Well, we are talking about hardcore streamers here, one of them being the one MicroRNA mentioned, Raxx

But you dont need to do anything other than look at the leaderboards and realize barely anyone is actually pushing them. Most of the people are just completing the journey and moving on

Before you actually had players playing to get more Paragon Points

2 Likes

Now players are playing with more focus on gear. It is one season. We have had 28 “uncapped” paragon seasons.

1 Like

No, they arent. They are finishing the Season Journey and leaving. Almost no one will play for weeks just to find that tiny upgrade that makes your gear perfect

And thats why we should have had an uncapped option for this one. But now that we dont have that, we can see how the previous Seasons were more successful and we know for sure why. The Paragon Cap hurts the game

3 Likes

You are speculating alot about the playerbase.

Some will play more, some will play less due to the S29 theme.

1 Like

Which nobody really cares about.

Wouldn’t know, I have that clown blocked and have for a very long time. I have 0 interest in anything a troll who posts on multiple accounts to agree with themselves has to say. I’ve been told on Discord that he does occasionally try talking to me even though he knows he’s blocked, which means the engine is running, but there’s nobody behind the wheel. Even more reason to disregard anything he says as trash.

I have watched Raxx a couple times to see what the big deal was. Wasn’t impressed in any way, shape or form. Opinions were no better than any other random person on the forums I’ve read. All watching did was prove to me that you could be a spastic monkey and as long as you have a webcam, people will blindly and naively believe anything you say as gospel.

That’s because people can’t bot anymore. There are people who cheat but try to project that they don’t. I’ve seen this in multiple games. The last MMO I played, there was this one guy used to get accused of botting a lot. He would swear up and down he doesn’t. That everything he’s accomplished was legit. I have him on Discord openly admitting that he’s botted for years.

This season is and will be a weird outlier. It’s the first season to introduce the cap in it’s “beta” form. It’s also the removal of the popular altar. Plus, these fissures provide a lot of gear for minimal effort. While it’s a cool concept, it’s not so groundbreaking like screams were with their high exp.

2 Likes

I dont think so. I think the bot problem was always overestimated. I dnt think thousands of people were botting

Its much more likely that are people that dont like the new theme and just finish the journey because of the cool cosmetics

Its by far the worst season in a long time. S28 will remain as the best D3 Season, and the big reason is because they didnt try to nerf the players, but they decided to buff us and even give us some cool QoL

S28 was the exact opposite of S29, and i dont think anyone can deny that S28 was much, much better

People dont like to be nerfed, i have no clue why Devs havent figured that out yet

3 Likes

I don’t think any of us will have any definite proof or data on how many botted. I can only speak from experience in games where people do bot. A previous MMO I played, it was extremely common. Go to their most active forum and try speaking out about it. You’ll get dogpiled with botters using the most insane rationalizations or saying "It’s not botting, it’s augmented user input, or some other mental gymnastics to try gaslighting people.

I think it’ll be better to wait until season 30 to get a real feel for it. It’s still too early to tell.

Best and worst are still subjective. The altar was cool and I’m glad it’s returning but season I honestly feel (personally) that season 27 was more fun. I had such a blast there with Raiment and endless ancient vaults.

I agree with you, people don’t like being nerfed. Seasons give us such a taste of exceptional power that when you go back, it feels like a step in the wrong direction.

1 Like

I’m not sure we can talk about mental gymnastics while denying the present reality. It’s not too early to be directionally correct. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Best season is certainly subjective, but top tiers and bottom tiers are able to be defined generally. This is among the worst.

Is it because they keep trying to make an Open World claim for Diablo? Is it intentional sabotage? Is it paragon cap? Splitting the player base to pseudo-SSF (when the game has been favorable to grassroots SSF for years)?

No matter what, the god moding developer complex (hard caps and hard limits to play “the right way”) and cutting off the nose to spite the face are the recurring themes. I can’t compare everything at once but I can say this one thing isn’t very good compared to what we had in the past (the past five seasons were all better—even low 20s were a fun climb, the first many of us pressed above 100s).

1 Like

From what I’ve actually seen in channels they love the actual theme besides maybe picking up all the loot, but every time the paragon 800 cap is brought up it’s met with ‘that sucks, that’s dumb’ ect. I’ve seen no actual positive responses in live game to it and yes that includes the SSF crowd, obviously non-SSF wouldn’t respond positive to it as they’re likely grouping up.

6 Likes

I agree it’s not as fun as others. I have missed some seasons to say if it is the worst. I still think it’s an outlier.

2 Likes

whenever I see a post like this I’d think it’s a smurf of some botter

1 Like