Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

Paladin. Diablo without Pal - not Diablo…

Honestly, if they didn’t have the Druid in it, I would have liked a “Witch/Demonologist” type character around their schtick of morphing and summoning.
Have them have a summoning tree around enslaving Demons to serve them, and then a Incarnate tree in which they Turn into various Demon forms (Like the Werebear/Werewolf) with differing effects, like an andariel/kerrigan like DPS form or a Bigger tank form (With the tank form having a different offhand arm depending on if they’re using a weapon or a shield, with the left arm being more club looking if you’re using a shield to give block animations)
Give their motivation be more akin to an Anarchist, in that their motivation is to kick both Hell and heaven out of Sanctuary with their goal being less “align with hell” and more just “Sick and tired of your S***, you both get out of my home” and willing to use darkness to do so.

If they had stats brought back, have Int improve their summoning by increasing how many you can summon (Like a “corruption” stat number, with each demon you summon taking up a capacity, ala SC’s supply depot number) so that those with more int can summon more enemies, while a morpher would want Str or Vit.

This is the key here. A class to take the shields, and a class to take the bows.

Sorry Necromancer/Warlock/dark spellcaster fans, you’re going to have to wait until the D4 expansion to get your class. You can thank the Druid for that, and Blizzard’s decision to launch only 5 classes.

I’ve already spoken my piece. But, to reiterate, I would be disappointed if one of the five Classes included in the initial release of Diablo IV wasn’t an Archer-Class. At this point, I don’t even care what they call it. It could be a previous Class or a new one.

What we know, so far, is there will be five areas to explore in D4. We know what 3 of the starting Classes will be. From the 5 areas we’ve been given, I’ll leave it to you to speculate what the other 2 Classes will be. :peace_symbol:

Scosglen
Home of the Druids.

Fractured Peaks
Home of the Monks.

Dry Steppes
Home of the Barbarians, Mercenaries and Blood Mages.

Hawezar
Home of the Witches (and Witch Doctors?).

Kehjistan
Former home of the Mage Clans. Now, only surviving Humans and Cultists.

Source: Explore Sanctuary

2 Likes

I’d love to see the ones you wrote :grinning:

Amazon
Assassin
Paladin

And hopefully they will change their mind to 6 classes, adding the Necromancer and we’ll be having one big happy family reunion :grinning::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Mostly Amazon, just rolled one in D2 as well.

what? aren’t the barbarians from the mountains?

I’d like to see a leecher class. It would save looking at one’s poorly geared character to see that they just don’t want to farm their gear. For a weapon they could hold up a sign, “Need money, will work for food”. I could take some pictures on the freeway exit tomorrow if you need a picture of their gear.

In Diablo II, Act V, we traveled to Harrogath, located in Mount Arreat. You are correct. These were the Barbarian lands. But, remember, when Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone, it made the entire region a wasteland. What was once called the Northern Steppes eventually became known as the Dreadlands.

During the time of Diablo III, twenty years after the events in D2, those lands were still toxic and uninhabitable, forcing the Barbarians to become scattered across Sanctuary.

According to the Diablo IV story, many of these Barbarians have settled in the Dry Steppes. You can read this on the D4 Website by following the “Source” link in my previous post.

If you notice in the image below, D4 takes place on the eastern section (right side) of the map (Sanctuary). If you watched the BlizzCon D4 Demo streams, you may recognize the shape of the continent on the right side. Scosglen, Dry Steppes and Kehjistan are marked on the map. I’m guessing Hawezar is the “Swamp Land”. And the Fractured Peaks must be in the mountain range between Kehjistan and the Swamp Land.

1 Like

I’d love to see a Rogue! With abilities for Daggers/Poison, Traps, and Ranged. I think it’d be really cool to finally see a physical class with a focus on poisons.

And it’d be a nod to Rogues from other Blizzard games.

1 Like

Sounds more like the Assassin to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But I am all for the Rogue to make her come-back after all these years, although I may fear they made her into Amazon in D2, kind of.

Soooo, let’s go for the Amazon :grinning:

I was thinking less martial than an Assassin and more agile than an Amazon; more Thief in archetype.

A combination of all of sneaky!

1 Like

i like summon necro. but i feel like game devs dont want mass army summoner for some reason.
i had a necro with 70+ summons back in 2000s.
24-28 (cant remember :p) skele warrior
13-19 skele magi
45-47 revives
1 clay golem
1 merc
i have yet to see another game that can have this kind of mass army summoner. even poe isnt enough.
i need the sheer number of minions that fills up the entire screen.

1 Like

For some reason they don’t want any “passive” Skills-- Every Summon skill has to be something that you actively have to use at specific times as a click to get the most use out of it, like how auras now have a secondary ability too.

I feel this is due to their “Six skills, no exceptions” philosophy, so having skills that are just castable buffs that you don’t “Use” would seemingly violate their design intent of you having to use multiple abilities to work.
hence no more Mass summoners, since they don’t want a character that relies on minions passively killing enemies (Despite this being one of the most well liked types of characters in ARPGs, and there being lots of ways to make them interesting with curses/buff type skills)

then we must find a new dev that is ok with mass summoners in a arpg. the search goes on :O!

also the 6 skills comment reminds me of every single moba since wc3 (and/or sc1) and i absolutely hate moba of any kind. so i guess the 2019 diablo game dev thinks very highly of mobas … /spit

1 Like

I honestly want to have the Witch Doctor, the Crusader, the necromancer, or a new class that hasn’t been seen before. I hope, like Diablo III, that we get to choose between sexes.

1 Like

I hope not. Whoever wants to play Monks or Witch Doctors has TWO other games they can play them in - D3 and Immoral. They don’t need a third game. Keep that D3 filth out of this game.

Can you imagine playing Monks and Witch Doctors for 9 years… then play them all over again consecutively in D4… disgusting.

I believe they confirmed that in Blizzcon that all classes will be for both genders, as they showed different appearances, faces, hairstyles for Barbarian, and only a few for Sorceress, so far.
I think you can see a male Sorcerer in the World Boss video along with both female and male barbarians.

Havent seen anything for female druid though. Maybe there will be only 2 specific classes to be gender-locked to make them more unique?
Like male only druid and hopefully Amazon will be revealed as the 4th female only class.
(I just want the Amazon class, I would be even happier if there was a male counterpart for Amazon, but we all know there is no male amazons, atleast in D universe :pensive:)

The most requested class on this topic was the Amazon, followed by the paladin, “any” summoner, and “any” killer.

Diablo II in the vein.

I would expect a ranged physical class and seeing as lots of D2 classes are making a return I hope it’s zon though I’d be fine with DH.

As for the 5th I’m hoping something new.