Ok, a first for me

I actually broke into the ranks on the leader board tonight.

Rank 892 for overall on DH in Solo.
Rank 92 for UE.

WOooo!

But we will see where I end up at the end of the season. lol

Scratch that. Rank 807.
And Rank 80 for UE.

Damn.

All I did was change one item and a skill rune. Weird.

10 Likes

This is for you :point_right: :trophy: you savage.

2 Likes

lol thanks.

That Silver of Terror is no joke. I simply swapped to that and setup my vault on a cool down rune.

Doing 20% more AS and CC, and 50% damage reduction and 50% damage boost. Simply by keeping 4 skills on cool down.

Crazy stuff! lol

And with the follower boosts, sheet damage is nearly 8 million when buffed. At just over 1000 paragon, with only 184 points into Dex!! lol

1 Like

Congrats on figuring out how to use the Sliver and getting on the board. Well earned.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Ok, now up to 758. :smiley:

And 70 something UE. GR125 clear. Now to drop back and grind paragon for a while. Fun stuff! lol

1 Like

Remember, 2nd place is first loser.
Maybe if we put a cougar in your build you will go faster.

Sincerely,
Ricky Bobby’s Dad.

All kidding aside, GRATZ on hitting the overall board. It is fun seeing your name go up that board.

Question, you fishing at all yet or just taking the hand that Blizz has dealt you?

1 Like

Not fishing even remotely. But 125 that I did run was a 12+ minute.

I’m sure I could go higher, but now its time for more grind.

I was checking things, I didn’t realize that the Remnant of Pain equipped into my follower’s weapon was also giving me an additional 50% AS when stacked to 10.

They get stacks when getting critical hits, and the gem gives you crits when enemies are under stuns or slow, etc, so ALL of the follower hits are crits. Which means a constant 50% AS buff. On top of the other gems, plus I rolled poison damage on my bow, so getting those bonuses as well.

Its like holy crap. That stuff stacks up! lol And my normally glass cannon build is tanky as hell too. Going to miss these gems.

Currently farming 115s in about 3-4 minutes.

1 Like

Nice!

You could probably hit low 130s in under 15 min with the right Orek’s GR.

1084 Paragon and a lot of meat on the bone for your gear, with a bit of rng luck, you will get in the top 500.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? The extra powers on shards are not supposed to work on followers. I tried to put a sliver of pain in my templar’s weapon. He has a crit chance of 27.50%. No matter how many times he attacks monsters his, and my, attack speed doesn’t change.

I can even see that the reduced crit chance by 15% on the shard doesn’t change anything when in his weapon or not. (The top stats on shard like main stat and attack speed do work of course but not the “magic” ones).

Congrats on the clear :+1: I can see that the lowest clears on the solo UE season board are 75.

2 Likes

I will double check, but it sure seems like its working.

Frankly I was surprised by that. But I’m on the main board too, so not too offended. lol

Edit

Apparently not. Removed the gem, saw no difference. Well, that let the air out of my tires. lol

2 Likes

Congratulations!  

2 Likes

Congratulations.

You.may want to try the DH no set solo leaderboard. In S29, my top clear was relatively modest and I ended up #9.

2 Likes

And just to make sure, my remark about 75 being the lowest isn’t meant in a condescending way. The result still stands. And UE isn’t a walk in the park in higher GRs. Your setup isn’t even the standard cookie-cutter build, as far as I know. So kudos for that.

1 Like

I may end up doing that. Will see what I roll with.

That’s no joke. I have been hunting for FR rings, but haven’t gotten ANY that rolled good. Nor have I had a squirt fall my way that was useful.

But I managed a decent rolled Hellfire with a useful skill, so that helped. And for the longest time I was running the Magefist in the cube for the 20% fire damage. LOL Switched to the Bracer for more DR.

But since changing the gem out, crap I can stand in explosions and not die if my stacks are good. Its insane.

No, its not. I have been looking at other builds similar to mine, but I don’t always follow the cookies.

I also notice that a lot of the other builds don’t seem to use a poison skill/poison damage with the same weapon gem I’m using. So they aren’t getting those benefits. Or they don’t appear to be.

For a while I was running the poison legendary gem to trigger the effects till I found the current bow and rolled poison damage on it.

2 Likes

They may have a follower with a poison-based weapon.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh That’s interesting. Didn’t know that worked!

1 Like

The toxin gem doesn’t work by itself. It’s the explosion on death on the shard that does poison damage and triggers the anguish stacks.

1 Like

Huh.

Poison all enemies hit with X% weapon damage over 10 seconds.

Why wouldn’t it according to that? You hit something, it gets poisoned. Seems pretty clear to me.

And I noticed immediately when using it vs not using when it triggered the Anguish.

Without a poison damaging component, those stacks don’t happen.

Have you tested the toxin gem with a shard that doesn’t make monsters explode on death?
When I do that I get no Anguish stacks.

What does exploding have to do with it? That isn’t a poison… Anything.

Its clearly labeled. Attacks with poison stack CDR and MSpeed. There is nothing saying:

“Explosions of enemies on death increases stacks”

So not sure why you are tying that to the stacking on that gem when its clearly labeled Poison damage?

Or is this something that’s busted and not working as described?

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjIesNsEIx40gYxrzdzMjhYvTPKjDA?e=UQCVdX

Shared above are 4 screen grabs:

The first is one of the Anguish I use. NOTE.

The two skills it lists REQUIRE poison damage to stack. There is nothing on the gem stating its providing poison damage.

The second one is another Anguish that I use.

This one does the explosions on death. It states: “When you kill an enemy, you deal the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards.” There is NOTHING saying it is doing poison damage!

You have to equip either a skill with poison damage, or a weapon with poison damage, or the Gem of Toxin to get poison damage! Or apparently your follower has to have poison damage, which is something I didn’t know till today.

The third picture is the Gem of Toxin sheet.

And the fourth is the weapon I’m currently using, which has Poison damage rolled on it purposefully.

I hope that clarifies my position. But if I’m STILL wrong, please explain where I’m wrong here?

Thanks,