Ok, a first for me

Yes…   it is.

It doesn’t say it on the Shard tooltip in-game. But, according to Maxroll:

Explosion on Kill
When you kill an enemy, you deal the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards. Pets and Followers cannot trigger this effect.

• The explosion deals Poison damage and can stack the primary effect of this shard.
2 Likes

Well.

THAT would be an important bit of info to leave out of the bloody tooltip!

Not everyone goes to maxroll you know…

I mean, WTAF?

That’s like critically important info! *facepalm

They need to fix that tool tip!

1 Like

I agree. But, we all know, this is just ONE example of some of the ??? stuff Blizzard is known for. I also cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of information on Maxroll. I would like to believe they’re more efficient at testing these things than I am.

1 Like

I tested the Anguish shard (with move speed and CD reduction up to 15 times etc) again with the Effacious toxin gem. And with no poison roll on my weapon and without follower there are no stacks. With the follower having a poison rolled weapon the stacks are there.

I also only learned about the explosion from the shard giving poison damage from this forum. When knowing it it can also be seen that the explosions look like poison.
The poisonous effect from explosions only is probably only good in speedy content. When killing takes longer you’ll likely need poison on a weapon (your own or follower’s) in order to have the constant damage buff from the shard.

1 Like

So the gem that is supposed to give you poison damage is NOT giving you poison damage? Or is it because this shard is just busted as hell, considering the tool tip is also missing critical information and doesn’t register the gem providing poison damage?

Man, this is stupid. Try to use the items as listed and they don’t work as listed. I mean. Blizzard is trolling us.

I don’t know the answer. I would think that the Toxin gem does give the damage boost it says in “ordinary” play because it’s been in standard use for support builds almost forever. But this damage boost (and/or possible debuff) on monsters is buried so deep in all the coding for all the effects that we put on monsters that it isn’t “seen” by the Essence of Anguish and therefore doesn’t trigger the effect.
I would welcome any other explanation for sure.

To be on the safe side I just run my follower with Poison damage on weapon.

That way I can confirm that all the poison mechanics work.

However, I think that Syphon Blood on Trag Oul (get’s all runes) doesn’t stack Anguish (of course with poison rune on the skill). While on the other hand poison rune Bone armor does activate/stack it).

Can confirm that poisonous legendary gem doesn’t stack Anguish. Also, Anguish explosions do stack each other, can confirm that, too.

2 Likes