Official statement about "Solo only mode"

My support for an official SSF game mode, would be great!

Playing SSF revitalized my interest in playing d3 and to be able to have a leaderboard and to compete with other people that like playing the same way I do would be great.

“delusional”? talk about hyperbolic, we just like playing a certain way and would like to compete against other people who enjoy playing the same way as us on a separate leaderboard, we’re not asking for the world here.

What a stupid post to make, you realize this 0 iq unga bunga logic can be flipped on you? to imply that it is YOU that is insecure and you’re desperate to hang onto the ability to “assert your dominance” over disadvantages players that don’t/can’t group?

It’s just a game, we enjoy playing a certain way, we would like to compete with others who play this way without being forced to leave current clans/communities in order to join a clan/community that specifically keeps track of it

2 Likes

SSF is a non issue. If you want to play SSF, do so. IF you want to compete against others who play SSF, join an SSF clan and just follow the clan leaderboard. With all the interest in SSF that is supposedly out there, I’m sure there is a huge active SSF clan already.

No-one is stopping anyone from playing, or competing in an SSF mode.

3 Likes

So much this. Every one of these numbskulls that has a problem with SSF uses words like “elite”, “nub/noob”, “scrub” in their straw man defense logic.

Yes, yes, you are soooo powerful. Shut it, this doesn’t concern you–evidently.

(Apologies, just a bit ranty.)

The issue for me is that single-only players are disadvantaged and disincentivised compared to people who do multiplayer, namely:

• MP games get an experience, loot find, and gold find bonus, although MP content is faster and easier to do

• During seasons, some tasks are easier for MP, and perhaps, only doable for MP.

Concerning seasons: seasons usually require that a player complete certain GR levels while going solo. However, the requirement to complete higher torment rifts in so many minutes (such as, complete T13 in under 5 minutes) does not require solo play. It’s much harder to complete the torment rifts in time when playing solo, solo players are disadvantaged.

I don’t think the game needs a single-player only mode. I do think that exp, and loot and gold find, should have parity between SP and MP. I also think season goals should be adjusted based on the number of people in a game.

They took notes however there’s nothing they can pull as of right now to distinguish this game mode from the other without loading the servers up. I suggest you to wait for Blizzcon to hear about new gameplay systems and hope that they come up with something solo based.

There’s an easy way to achieve such thing, but it wouldn’t be pure “solo” self-found. On the other news, I’m sure they can easily create a self-found league by making it default mode for participating on leaderboards.

So you really believe that a solo player could actually get the same paragon, great gear, gems levels for both the build and augments, solo GR clears that the ones that have the multiplayer boost do within the same amount of time that the ones playing multiplayer do.

If that is so then I can call all of those that make youtube videos about multiplayer being the fastest and most efficient way of getting all of those things liars right. After all you could do it in the same amount of time in days played solo as a person does playing multiplayer right. Prove it by showing me your journey during a season where you do it all solo. Then you will have proved your case.

That is saying that a solo player could actually have just as much paragon, great gear and all of the rest within the same amount of time as someone that is playing multiplayer Rat Runs. I mean a Rat Run group that is very efficient at doing them where they get the most xp per hour possible along with gem levels, great gear, etc…

The only way a solo player would have a chance at doing it if they were botting. Then the botter that plays longer per day would rack up the same things that the ones that team do. But that is the only way that I can think of doing it.

Dude there is more to this game than leader boards. Each person has a reason for playing and it isn’t chasing the leader boards. Even now I am not chasing after the leader boards nor do I care to.

Sometimes a person gets a lucky clear. But if that player has better gear and better skill in time that one will go higher than you do.

2 Likes

Although arguably a majority of people play on the solo leaderboards, there are very few who don’t join bounty games or level alone during season start. The game is a considerably bigger pain in the booty if you’re doing every single thing alone. I find it kinda hard to believe there’s a big interest on that.

Also, if you do things like vault runs and cow runs alone, you are literally wasting those bardiches and puzzle rings.

Diablo is a series of multiplayer, D2 and D3 in specific are developed with multiplayer in mind and as their core.

Single player is an option, but this is a multiplayer game. Thus putting more effort and work in to a single player makes no sense. The ability to join others and slay monsters together is the core philosophy.

Take it as an option or a challenge if you wish, you can play as you want, but the core and advancement lies in the multiplayer aspect.

1 Like

:point_up_2:
Exactly… I feel sick after soloing for longer than 2h straight :face_vomiting:

Especially when everything that drops turns into forgotten souls… :nauseated_face:

The reason this always comes up is because it’s the same group of nubs making wildly exaggerated claims about a level of play they haven’t experienced. It’s relevant to the discussion when someone that doesn’t play the game pretends that they know anything about leaderboard level competition.

They could be competitive now but they choose not to be. They could be on the LBs now, but they have instead chosen to QQ about mechanics they clearly don’t understand.

It’s not about elitism. It’s not about putting someone down. It’s about dispelling the delusions these low information players embrace for the sake of their egos.

Sometimes you need to stop beating around the scrub and call a nub a nub.

So when literal rank 1 players say they support the idea of an SSF game mode, what makes you think that YOU are qualified to call them bad?

2 Likes

We don’t call them bad, we call them impractical. What made you think that you’re or anyone average can be up to a challenge that highest ranked players agree upon?

I’ve never called anyone “bad”. I’ve called some nubs nubs. I’ve laid out a few arguments against the same tired and uninformed theories they always bring up. And they always bring them up.

I am not seeing those same tired arguments from the top players. I am always in favor of informed arguments and I am happy to defer to them as appropriate.

That said, no one should be coasting on their laurels. Being #1 doesn’t make anyone an expert designer nor does it elevate their demands to the level requiring us to simply disregard the downsides of the design.

No one is deserving of a number one spot. It’s an entirely cosmetic achievement. If you are playing for that level and you choose to do so with a disadvantage, that’s on you. I’m not sympathetic. You’ll just have to settle for something slightly lower in this largely meaningless endeavor. Poor guy!

Is this supposed to be trivial? You’re 5 GRs higher simply by playing groups rather than solo. That’s basically twice as much dmg. You’re not putting in more time, you’re not playing better, you’re just being more efficient due to MP bonus. Hell, you could be playing MP inefficiently and still be ahead of the most efficient solo player. Now I’m not saying MP should or shouldn’t be more rewarding, but stop pretending the difference isn’t huge.

It would also be nice if you stopped using the D3 ladder as a point of reference, because it sucks. It is not a proper ladder, it does not reflect a proper competition. You will see players with 1500 paragon points being ranked higher than some with 3000 points because this game is simply not a competitive one. One of the reasons for that is the extreme MP advantage, but there are other much more important factors.

I don’t care much for a SSF mode but I can understand why some players do. It seems however that coding takes about 5x longer for the Diablo devs than it does for any other team in the world so I wouldn’t expect them to prioritize it. There’s also the issue of them not giving a fck so yeah, there’s that.

1 Like

I play entirely solo, that way I don’t have to conform to any meta group build. That way I don’t have to play according to other players time schedules. That way I don’t have to rely on others to get done what I want done. Playing solo means there is no way that I could possibly be slowing anyone down. Those are some of the reasons that I play solo.

We are saying allow those that have chosen that option to go it alone to have their own leader boards that they would be able to compete against each others. Putting too much of an emphasis on teaming is very close to forced teaming and I have seen it go badly for games that tried to go that route.

Okay then show me the difference in paragon between someone that has went entirely solo vs someone that has spent about the same amount of time doing multiplayer the whole time. When paragon farming he is playing Rat Runs or whatever the best four man meta is these days. Show me where the difference is only about maybe 20 paragon levels. Maybe like 5 gem levels and no difference in their augments. Show me where they both have about the same quality of gear. You do that then you have a case that it isn’t that big of a difference.

2 Likes

Yes. 5 GR levels is smaller than the difference seen on many of the LBs between #1 rank and #2. The spread of GR levels on the entire LB dwarfs this (exaggerated) number.

How many players QQing in this thread are within 5 GRs of the top spot?

The mechanics aren’t what is holding anyone back. Nubs bring up the supposedly immense disparity because they can’t accept that this is largely a PLBKAC situation.

There’s no need. I’ve already laid out why a greatly exaggerated difference in those stats is completely irrelevant to 99.9% of players.

So what? It still means doing twice as much dmg, you can spin it all you want with a garbage leaderboard reference. It’s the principles of competition that matters, and this game is void of any. The solution here is to realise the leaderboards aren’t an accurate reflection of your performance, and just move on.

And doing twice as much damage is a tiny portion of the damage scale of the game. It’s really not that astounding of a difference. Nubs always have a hard time understanding exponential scaling.

The principals of competition, whatever that means to you, suggest that if the mechanics can’t explain the rankings, it must be something else. Maybe it doesn’t make sense to you because you aren’t in a position to be competitive, SSF or otherwise.

The mechanics can’t fix nub.

Leaderboards are not supposed to be “100% accurate” either. Also the deviation you worry about only exists if you keep playing solo. For someone entering groups and doing their own thing at the rest will have no problems to hit up a good place in LB.

A good randomization and progress management by personal experience, can carry you up way above someone with thousand paragons higher than you. At groups, you hardly need to worry about such thing when group play can diminish bad randomization up to a degree and manipulate aggro of monsters for mass destroy.
At solo play however, the effective use of Pylon and spawn density creates a bigger issue as well as your own damage output and how much risk you are willing to take.