Now that the D4 beta is over

Are we still under the NDA? I know that some people on the forum have been referencing beta content all along and the mods did not seem to care. So I was not sure how it works, just checking.

2 Likes

A few Reddit posts from this morning were removed. They outlined skill details for each class. The person who posted went as far as linking them back to their own website’s wiki.

As far as I can see, those details are still live on their wiki.

2 Likes

I’d assume the nda is still in effect since Blizzard never gave a time frame for how long it should remain confidential.

The beta has already ended? :open_mouth:

I would have assumed the NDA lasts either until open beta, or indefinitely. What would the point be of specifically removing it.

Of course, Blizzard cant exactly remove people from a beta that doesn’t exist anymore, so it might be irrelevant.

3 Likes

That’s not how it works in the business world. Separately, the product hasn’t yet launched.

Does anyone even remember how to get a copy of the NDA they signed?

1 Like

What do you mean?
That Blizzard could sue random people for breaking their NDA?
Sure, in theory. Just unlikely they would. Way too costly. Banning, or excluding from future betas/events is the primary tool they have.

1 Like

Now that D4 beta is over…
…drop the patch notes for S28! :laughing:

7 Likes

Won’t lie, I’m actually looking forward more to Diablo 4’s next and final quarterly update of this year. I think I’d be more interested in D3 if the patch notes were filled with either new content (not temporary seasonal themes) or substantial balancing updates for each classes.

1 Like

Yeah

please, always interesting to see how many days passes before the cycle starts:

When does it start?
When does it end?

:smiley:

On a serious note I am guessing. But I am pretty sure that the NDA is in place for any and all content untill Blizzard are ready to reveal it officially.

2 Likes

A punishment could be worse than just a ban if the information causes damages. For instance, a beta player outlines the skill trees and items on reddit and their website – like we saw above. Although removed on reddit, the website is referenced by streamers who didn’t sign an NDA, the information is now in the public domain. A few streamers make very compelling arguments against the game – suddenly hundreds more streamers and 5 million viewers are referring to D4 and this website in a negative manner. Next, news sites start producing opinion pieces based on the noise and paint a discouraging picture about the beta and final game. Blizzcon rolls out… Blizzard announces a release delay, shares its plans to improve the game, the response is disappointment and tough questions. It’s Diablo Immortal all over again…

Can Blizzard claim damages against this tester who started a fire without giving ample time to process feedback. Even if they cannot win in court, they sure can set an example. Discovery of who owns a website is cheap for Blizzard, making someone’s life a living hell @ $1000/hr isn’t very expensive considering the stakes.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to click on Uninstall.

But, maybe Blizzard will use the same installation folder for the Open Beta.  

4 Likes

Blizzard already showed those, with all the harm that might do. Never good when the truth is bad news.

I very much doubt any of the leakers will get sued though.

That would be a really good outcome at least :smiley:

That is what my next question was going to be should we leave it installed for the open beta or uninstall it?

1 Like

I’m keeping mine installed just in case, I’m not hurting for space.

3 Likes

It looks like some people did a very good job pretending that they did not get into the beta. Maybe they will come out with a blog that covers the feedback that they received. Also instructions on what we should do next.

I imagine the next blog will indeed cover some of the beta content as well as the upcoming open beta next year.

uurghh you all… happy people who had beta. :mending_heart:

I think its about number of posts you do on the forum :smiley:

1 Like

By telling the beta is over you just broke your NDA. :wink:

1 Like

How long did it take for you to come up with that nonsense? I never discussed anything in the beta. What day is it today my calendar says November 18. “If you have not received an email invite to the Diablo IV Closed Beta by November 18, then you have not been selected to participate.” - Blog, September 19, 2022.

Saying that invites stop Nov 18 is not the same as the beta ending that day. I definitely expected it to last through the year. Seems like a bad idea to test endgame for such a short duration.

1 Like