[Now Live] Patch 2.6.7a Update

Nice, thank you for reverting the barb nerf. <3

2 Likes

Nevalistis what about converting the 2 piece bonsu of PoJ from ā€œSeeping wind gain effect of every runesā€ to ā€œTempest Rush gain effect of every Runesā€. Seems to make sense and it will be better too. Right now i think the set need just a little something more.

Tempest Rush actually has a larger multiplier than WoL but WoL has a HUGE AoE while TR is a much smaller effect. GR 135 has already been done on SWK TR and it could go higher with max augments and rift fishing.

1 Like

Done with Sunwuko, so why doing a new set if the only skill itā€™s around is better with an other set ?

1 Like

I think you misunderstand my suggestion. I am suggesting archon stacks damage bonus only be applied to archon damage skills and abilities. This part is trivial to accomplish. I would not want Archon damage stacks to boost Chantodo damage too, because a) it does get technically complicated and b) it locks us in to always using Chantodoā€™s forever. The tricky part is going to be balancing Vyr afterwards. There are other builds that use reverse archon, though thankfully not many, to keep viable damage output though they are few. Starpact is the main culprit and thatā€™s the objective. That part is hard part, but not that complicated either. Buff the sets to have competitive multipliers, such as Firebirds. Talā€™s can easily be adjusted upwards as well. Increasing Archon damage baseline will fix Vyr, and DMOā€¦well, is DMO. Nobody uses it, for good reason.

Been waiting since the release of the necromancer pack on a proper summoning build that made the necromancer that we know and love. Rathma build should be redesigned to encompass all minions along with the army of the dead and not just Singularity mage. The gameplay of rathma should also focus on necro amplifying damage for their minions to do damage and not spamming devour and Singularity mages that makes the set get old real quick. Jesseth could also use boost to make command skeleton viable as well. Hereā€™s hoping! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Please donā€™t hit deathwish once they have an archon in the skill bar - otherwise they will always create a macro!

Can you elaborate a bit? I spent most of my time playing DH solo and can often get myself on the leaderboard in the end of my season. I donā€™t really feel any issue with its general performance, except it doesnā€™t have a position in 4p meta - but as itā€™s not 7p meta, someone has to be out of it.

With Multishoot and Impale both powerful, DH is currently the most friendly class to play without too much skills, and I hope youā€™re not going to change that (of course I donā€™t mind making other class also smooth to play! :slight_smile:). I remember that long ago (S7 or S8) people have to use LoN + Shi Mizuā€™s Hoari with Fan of Knives for high tier GR push, which was a disaster

3 Likes

Thank you Blizz, for listening to the community <3
Severely nerfing like that (lamentation), is not okay - but you listened.

So far you have done a great job, at keeping the game fun and addicting.

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing in the patch notes about the ring of fire being fixed. At least not that I saw.

This. Two thumbs up for you guys.

Area damage of HF does not benefit from shield of fury. Please investigate this bug and fix it if itā€™s capped with 20 stacks. Hope we can have both decent solo and meta play in S19 and moving forward as a Crusader.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t expecting thatā€¦ thank you!

Yes thank you Nev, I think I will be going Whirl-Rend Barb afterall! :heart_eyes:

Personally I would have lowered the dmg nerf amount on the shield to 10%, but kept the infinite scaling of it. U have removed a big wow factor of the new shotgun build. And I have to switch from my wildebeest gizzard back to the bane of the stricken when having this infinite stacking buff on a shield gave me the freedom to switch to one of the other 30 legendary gems no one uses for a change. A nerf was necessary, 160 trillion damage is absurd, but it was the wrong way to nerf it. U nerfed the fun part.

3 Likes

@Nevalistis, i found a bug with crusader ! When we take shield pylon we cannot get through mobs with galvanization skill, i mean we are stuck in the same place and we cannot go in oculus ring, this sad !

Adding a cap to Shield of Fury is not a good game direction.
The fury of heaven is indeed too strong under the blessing of the new class, and it is the right way to give a nerf. But compared to Adding a cap to Shield of Fury, we have a lot better ways to modify it.
First, letā€™s look at the drawbacks of adding an upper limit.

1,It destroyed other genres of the Wrath of Heaven, such as Akhan and the legend of the pieces.The 20-layer ceiling makes the gap between the two genres and the new class further widened, and it is impossible to reappear.This can lead to a serious reduction in the diversity of our games.And for those who spend a lot of time for the fury of heaven in the non-season collection of Akhan equipment, especially the legendary equipment of the pieces, it is very sad.Needless to say, there are still a lot of old players who have done a lot of tests on these two kinds of gameplay and wrote many excellent game strategies.
It has now been destroyed by this simple change. It is really very sad.

2,It is not very good to achieve the purpose of balance.
Adding an upper limit does significantly reduce the power of Heavenā€™s fury.But this reduction in power has worsened in multiplayer games.Even for players with high peak levels, killing 150 layers of secret guards has become quite difficult.Even need to be more than three times longer than 2.6.7.And it has widened the gap between high-level and low-level players.For low-level players, the multiplayer game Guardian, who only needed a little more time to kill, is now almost impossible to kill.So many players interested in this genre may give up because of the peak level, which is not a good phenomenon.

3,May force the player to choose the same unreasonable gameplay as the Necromancer.
Before the cap was added, the fury of heaven was not so picky for the guards of the various secrets.After the addition, in order to kill the Guardian as soon as possible, the player may need to use the ivory tower shield to wait for the appearance of a high-frequency attacking guardian. For example, a guard like Orash may spend only three compared to other secret guards. One or even less time.This is the same as the original thorny necromancer. I think this is not what your designers want to see.

I have some more reasonable suggestions for changes here:

1. First, we can reduce the strength of the new set and change the effect of the two sets from 100% to 50%. This can significantly reduce the intensity.
    Or we can replace the 100% bonus with the Heavenā€™ Fist in the two-piece effect of the new suit, not the Fury of heaven. while improving the triggering condition of the bracer of fury, which can be triggered by slowdown.This can also narrow the gap between new and other genres.

2.Then we hope to strengthen the fist of heaven, it is too weak now. We need to add Heavenā€™s Fist to the two-piece set of effects and enhance his belt or add new shields or weapons. If these changes can be added in future patches, we would like to thank the designers for your efforts in D3.

3.If you think that the shield of fury must have an upper limit, then please refer to the Bone Ringer, which can be superimposed for one minute. Add a 150-180 layer cap to the Angry Shield while weakening the new suit.Instead of the 20 layers that can now be stacked in less than ten seconds.

In order to have more colorful gameplay for D3, and to prevent the old players who like other genres from being too sad, ask the designers to think again, please donā€™t add a cap to the angry shield. If there is no time to complete these changes, I hope we can see them in future patches. Thanks again to the designers for their efforts in D3.

10 Likes

Hey Nevalistis

You have done auto-selection of Great Portal keys, but have not done auto-selection of keys from Vardens.

Please give more freedom to your programmers. so that they can do not only what is literally written.

Thanx! (google translated)

Vacuum pick-up (auto-selection) is for Greater Rift Keystones (Great Portal Keys). Not Infernal Machines (keys) dropped by the Keywardens (Vardens).

This is from the 2.6.7 Patch Notes (US, English):

Greater Rift Keystones are now subject to vacuum pick-up

Source: Patch 2.6.7 Now Live ā€” General

Note: I agree with you. It would be nice if vacuum pickup applied to Keystones and Machines. But, that is not what is written in the Patch Notesā€¦ literally.

Disclaimer: I admit, I donā€™t know how it is stated in other languages.

I completely understand that balance takes time and it is almost impossible to balance every build / class in the game. Itā€™s hard for fans to not act emotionally when they care about a certain build / class in the game they love. So I think the best to thing we can all do is list constructed feed back so that the devs have more info on an improved 2.6.8 and season 20 patch. Donā€™t get me wrong season 19 will be fun WW spin to win, but after playing POJ on the monk I must say the devs made an amazing set I love the play style and maybe after some tuning in season 20 Iā€™ll give it a go. Hereā€™s a few thoughts on POJ and SW

• buff POJ 6 set bonus to 20000
  • remove tempest rush bonus from sunwuko 6 set
  • buff an item for lashing tail kick to bring it inline with wave of light

Just some thoughts keep up the good work devs

1 Like