Normal , Nightmare , Hell , Madness difficulty

Normal , Nightmare , Hell , Madness , higher difficulty would be nice , because Hell going boring if we have good gear.

6 Likes

Yes, Yes, Yes, and No

18 Likes

I would love something like this. If every area on the 4th difficulty was Area lvl86 and had a couple of really hard boss groups. Maybe even 2-3 boss groups packed together, such that you have to fight almost all modifiers at once. Also they should have a lot of life and deal a lot of damage. Additional possible modifiers would be nice aswell:

• minions explode on death
  • casts „SKILL“ (Could be anything really)
  • summons more minions
  • has crushing blow
  • has no hit recovery
  • has max block
  • casts life tap
  • enrages when minions die

As long as XP and droprates are not too high, it does not influence the rest of the game really. Optimized Baal runs should still be more efficient to level imo. When it comes to droprates, I think a 4th difficulty should be on the same level as ancient tunnels, worldstone keep, …

Could be incredibly fun imo.

2 Likes

I would be up for an instance where on hell, uber champions could spawn, but a madness mode, not for me.

That’s the same really? What is the difference?

What’s the difference? A madness mode would be a whole new mode where you go through act 1 to 5, having random uber champions possibly spawning on hell mode is completely different.

You could also make it random. And if you don’t have any difference in rewards or difficulty between act 1 and 5, it does not matter, where you farm.

You could just choose your preferred act, an in every area, champions and unique monsters only would randomly spawn in packs of 2-3.

I think, it is not a huge difference. You just kill strong packs. It is not about progressing in acts.

Yea that could work aswell

…I always envisioned a mode that Diablo 3 monkey-pawed, corrupted wish-ed with Inferno.

D3 made the mistake of making inferno just another difficulty, with better drops and more exp.
Endgame must be something you prepare for, and where you actually use what you’ve trained and geared for.
Or else it’s just more of the same game, not endgame.

It’s pretty obviously straight forward:
How do you make an endgame past the normal game?

A more difficult mode. Wow. Amazing.

But how do you make it special, endgame?
Ironically, by removing most rewards.

…

Far reduced drop rates for items.

Lower rate for dropping potions.

Normal hell rune drop rate, no increase despite higher difficulty.

No more exp than in hell for same monster kills, so slower exp.

Finite potions at vendors.

No vendor re-stocking, including TPs.

Healing by town healer only when completing a quest, once per quest.

Act and quest progress is not saved when quitting, only act completion counts. Have to complete each quest.

Rare item or full rejuvenation potion as reward instead of skill levels, and attribute et cetera.

Socket quest can remain; you could more easily just do normal with new char.

Have to clear an act to save progress.

Can’t revisit earlier acts unless you restart the endgame-difficulty.
More and more threatening guest monsters.

Guest bosses instead of some super uniques.
Act bosses get minions.

Shared stash turned off in mode and items brought are remembered separately from normal difficulty character, and items can’t be changed or added from outside the mode:
Items are copied and locked to this mode.

Merc is revived only with town Merc quest as a one time reward, once per act. Still costs gold.

No TPs in world stone chamber or Chaos Sanctuary.

Only personal TPs;
Only Shrine / act boss TPs can be used by all players.

All undead have self-revive chance.
All demons have 75% fire res. Undead 75% cold and poison res. Ghosts, locust, spirits have 75% physical res and poison res. Animals and beasts 75% magic res. Skeletons, relevant spirits, and exoskeletal animals get 75% lightning res. Non-animal monsters with visual weapons get weapon block chance.

Horadric cube serves as the only way to bring new items out of difficulty.

Upon beating Baal and taking red portal, only items in cube are brought out, into special fourth stash tab, and only items found in endgame can be brought out.

…

3 levels of difficulty are enough.(exactly right!)
one wants to constantly weaken and/or remove the resistances and immunities and he wants more difficulty levels because it’s too boring ?
lol.

2 Likes

Id be content with a complete Act 4 and more Ilvl 85 area with boss packs to hit. Increase difficulty of those and need different builds to farm them.

Madness mode could just be the same Acts but with random population of creatures and bosses. For example, Duriel might get replaced with Baal; sand maggots get swapped for fetish blowdarts. It would not have to be an act:act replacement.

I brought up a similar idea in another thread.

It’d be entirely optional and a very new way to play.

1 Like

This is not Diablo III.

11 Likes

Provide an explanation as to your opinion that you’re trying to impress is factual by saying it’ll be boring. Diablo 2 has been and still is played for 20 years. Pretty sure we haven’t been playing for this long because hell is boring at best gear scenarios.

Don’t post threads without an explanation or reasoning. It isn’t conducive to constructive conversation.

This is more like the kind of stuff that mods are for.

There are plenty of mods out there that increase density or monster power and they will most certainly also be made for D2:R

1 Like

It could be.

It might be.

It will be… when mods are available.

When I played D2 LOD in 2003, we did Baal runs until we passed out, but there were no challenges, we didn’t have the best gear because there were some with much better ones, but we still killed everything. That is the reason why I am for a fourth difficulty level in which the monsters are extremely fast and hit you a lot faster, if you don’t make an effort you are in the a$$. I’m not at all about drop chance or better item that could possibly drop.

I don’t mind what people do with mods, you can make it more Diablo III if you want. But keep the base game alone, this is D2:R > D2 with improved graphics and minor QoL.

2 Likes

End-Game Maps that have tougher enemies, but higher drop rates.

That would solve the issue.

1 Like

as someone who played a path of diablo with mods. and maps… no… this is a bad idea.
i wouldn’t say not to maybe a new difficulty with all areas at lvl 85 so u can pick your fav place to farm with the least immunties for your element, but even then that would just make everyone farm cows… because they have none. so really u cant…
raising monster lvl will affect how easy it is to reach 99.

and raising difficulty will just limit more builds.
doing this would just make the game worse.

and while mapping was decent in path of diablo when it was t1-4… the “new” mapping system he introduced 2 patches ago is horrific imo, all it does is force every build into “glass cannon” limits build variety. just making all the same stupid mistakes d3 and poe made

1 Like