Normal , Nightmare , Hell , Madness difficulty

While I would be fine with another difficulty, there are many issues that would arise. The first, adding a new difficulty would make a rebalance of the entire game a necessity. There are already enough complaints over the balance of class diversity vs Hell, let alone a new difficulty. Then, you have the issue of what players would be chasing for that difficulty. Upped drop rates? Pure challenge? New equipment types beyond elite? There would be a lot of work around putting in a new difficulty, and for the amount of work they would have to do, I’d just rather have actual new content.

A 4th difficulty I would be fine with, as in everything is level 90+. However perhaps wihtin a expansion only for peopel who want it. Balance changes would probably be required.

Only 3 month / ladder. No bot runs. I say 3 difficult is enought.

What will you call this mod you plan on creating?

Not to invoke the dreaded Diablo 3, but aren’t we essentially describing Greater Rifts here?

1 Like

You could make the game super hard and challenging, then it come down to people wanting very specific team comps like D3.

1 Like

No. But, it really doesn’t matter. Because something can be done doesn’t mean it should, or would. Maybe Jeff Goldblum finally taught a lesson.

diablo 3 had inferno and people was crying that was too hard and it is now torment 16 … 16 thats mean nothing now … diablo was never about difficulty but LOOOOT !!

New difficulty becomes either hard and frustrating or an endless tiers of hardness.

Wouldn’t it be better to have madness maybe be you can join or host games from norm to hell but if it’s on you do less dmg and have less health for an increase in xp. This doesn’t make a new fragment and loot pool and makes things harder.

Less fragmenting this way, either way not a fan of the idea but more difficulties seems lazier then adapting current ones.

This would only work if there is no effect on itemization and exp count. No extra levels, no item scaling. Just a slight boost to Magic find for solo plays only.

I want it, but let’s just go with Inferno for the 4th name.

Madness sounds like something that belongs in a pinball game to me. Not sure what to name a fourth difficulty to be honest

1 Like

If you want madness mode, just use an appropriate character at hell difficulty: daggermancer, hammersorc, 3-elemental sorc, bear-dru, combo-assn, pike-zon, halberd-barb and many-many other fun builds.

1 Like

Guys, guys, guys, I got it.

What if there was like a Normal, Nightmare, Hell mode, then after that we added like Torment or something? And did like 16 levels of it.

What if you could only progress to the final Torment level if you used extremely specific set bonuses that improve the damage modifiers by like 30,000% on two skills?

Get ready for difficulty inception –

What if we created levels WITHIN those Torment levels, like little instanced events that the player could set.

Oh man, I love endlessly increasing difficulty, it doesn’t pigeonhole builds even more.

No.

5 Likes

This isn’t diablo 3 okay.

6 Likes

Hard to disagree with this tbh. The game does become somewhat faceroll when you’re decent geared. Would definitely support adding a new difficulty “Madness” and just having a set higher monster level.

Have you guys not heard of Hardcore? Even decently geared most chars can easily die if not careful in many places

3 Likes

They should make Maps with diferent mods and boses.

This is the most important question here…

What is more threatening than Hell?

Maybe Chaos or Void. Doom (lol, D2: Doom)? Apocalypse? Probably Chaos.

1:1 remaster. Get over it and stop with the stupid suggestions.