Non-Seasonal in D4

Considering seasonal bonus gives several thousand paragon equivalent of power for nothing, right back at you.

I disagree and that’s why I’m reaching out to Blizz. It’s not a good system. It’s not good to exclude a just as committed part of the player base, if not more committed. D4 is good to be a completely different animal and NS player just may get what we’re asking for.

Thx for you interest.

1 Like

Why not just knock out the season (can be done in a weekend), delete the toon and then go back to NS. Thats what my team does. We only even played this season to get the Goblin. None of us cared for anything else. As none of it was overly appealing.

As many NS players have expressed, we don’t enjoy the “Starting Over” experience. As I understand it, Seasonal player love the “Starting Over”, which is why they play Seasons to begin with. It doesn’t seem that they need incentive beyond that to play Seasons. I suggest we remove rewards from Seasons altogether since it only take be

And keep the rewards in NS, since players such as yourself are returning back to the NS after just a

of play. This seems to make sense. How do you feel about this?

1 Like

For me I dont really care one way or the other. Starting over again is not a big deal. Like I said. Its a weekend of play. So less then maybe 10 hours total. It also offers a challenge to an otherwise challenge less game.

That’s 5 hours a day. That would translate to 10 days, playing an hour a day. Having to re-gear with semi-optimal gear in order earn your reward, not fun.

If you are only playing an hour a day then really you are not the market they are aiming for. Also my weekend starts on Friday. SO I play like 3 hours friday night, a couple of hours on Sat and then on Sunday while everyone else is at church. This season was done in a single session. We were back on NS by Sat night.

Well see we play the game for very different reasons. I couldnt care less about optimal gear.

So you want the rewards for no work? Entitled much?

So put in other ns rewards for ns play. Seems reasonable.

Possibly and that’s sad. I’ve nearly played every day, unlike certain players that come back for 2 weeks and then move on to another game. But for the first I’m going to take a break from D3 in January to play the full release of WOLCEN. I have to that I’m looking forward to trying something new.

Yeah except they tried this with the Seasonal Exclusives, remember? New items were introduced in Seasonal play (like Lion Claw, from memory), and once the season was over they were available in the Non-Seasonal loot pool too. Seemed like a good compromise. But no, there were more tantrums from the NS only crowd, and Seasonal Exclusives were scrapped, and in an absolutely awesome smackdown move by the devs, replaced by something more valuable; stash tabs, that can still only be unlocked by seasonal play.

Beats me why anyone would want to play NS exclusively - and I play much more NS than seasonal. When the endless paragon/GR grind gets too much, fresh start with a new build in seasons, go for as long (or as short) as you want till you hit your goals or the novelty wears off, and back to NS till the next season.

The challenge/compromise of seasons is doing the journey ‘from scratch’ and you have to do that journey to get the rewards. If you don’t want to that, don’t expect or even ask for the same rewards.

That is the nature of the business. Oh and that is not their target audience either. Their target is the 12-17 year olds that really have nothing better to do or responsibility. People that can spend hours upon hours every day on it. Grinding it out for a spot on the high school popularity charts (Or as some call them, the leader boards)

So play the game the way you enjoy. When it is no longer fun move on to another game. To be honest, after you complete the story line there is almost no point to the game outside of a time waster.

I’m not playing 4 to 8 hours a day, but 1 - 2, so it feels fresh for me.

Nice try, you know you’ve already lost this debate. NS players aren’t the ‘entitled’ ones here, that would be seasonal players who gain as stated several thousand paragon worth of power in the bonus for literally nothing.

If the only incentive for season was starting over, you wouldn’t need a bonus in the first place, however seasonal players did cry for and get more ‘incentive’ for seasons in the form of power. Not to mention the absurdly high drop rate. Nearly forgot about Hadrig’s gift. Stash tabs. That my friend is entitlement.

There is no drop rate difference between seasonal and non-seasonal.
And, just for confirmation of that…

There actually is; play NS next season start and see for yourself. You won’t be making a ‘red beam’ thread in anywhere near the time I can tell you that right now.

That thread was written in context of this patch; seasonal has had better drop rate for years. I very much doubt they would have to adjust it at this point.

You don’t know what entitled means do you? Btw we’re not friends. I wouldn’t be friends with a beggar like yourself.

You’re saying your want the season reward without playing the season. Your saying your deserve it because you play a non-seasonal character. How is that not entitled? If you want the season reward play the damn season. Your like my dog who sits on the floor and just begs for my table scraps. Put in the season work and you’ll get the season reward. Quit being lazy.

I made that thread precisely because it was unusual to get them. I’ve got entire tabs full of primals on my non-seasonal stash. I’ve also done some non-seasonal WW/Rend pushes just to compare the power of the seasonal theme versus my better equipment / higher paragon non-seasonal. I’ve had some non-seasonal primals too but didn’t add them to the beams thread.

I don’t notice any difference between the drop rates in the two game modes. None whatsoever.

We can hope that D4 has more to give Re:Seasons.
And my guild is the same as your group finished with the season after less than two weeks.

But if it takes a lot longer to start a new character in D4 say and I expect to be wrong here 50 hours just to get to end game, that lest you try the new season content, PoE does that well.

In D3 I no longer play my NS characters as there is nothing to be gained IMO.

In the long run everyone will play the way they want Season, Non, HC and Season.
Race is a thing in PoE, Roleplay I may try to stay true to a charatcer that I start as much as the game lets me.

Sorry. If you want to play season then play season. End of story.