Non-Seasonal in D4

Rykker, Bluddshed, Wolfcryer, and many other are encouraging players to voice their opinions about what they want & want to see in D4, so here I go:

I would like the Dev team to be just as interested in NS players as they are with Seasonal players. I would like to suggest that NS have access to Seasonal after the Season ended. The Seasonal theme will be transferred over to the NS realm, NS would always be a season be a behind the current Season. This seems like a good compromise. And this would be an excellent way to reward committed NS players.

8 Likes

Maybe a dumb question, but why don’t you just play seasons, if you want the seasonal content?

2 Likes

i only played seasons to get stash tabs. I dont like the whole idea of going from the beginning every few months. I like to slowly progress my NS chars over a longer period of time even if i perfect my gear to the point it takes me days to find an upgrade. The race to GR 150 that we currently have is just stupid. I believe they did it in less than a week and season will last like 3 months… i just dont like what seasons turned into in D3

I dont mind seasons in D4 but i would not like to be forced to create new char and start from lvl 1 just to experience season theme or whatever they will come up with in D4

5 Likes

because i like to have a few characters, that i commit time and effort to
and not 200

4 Likes

I’m a NS self found single player and I like to take my time playing all of my characters, perfecting them (or better: growing them up) along the way.

I’m not sure about having seasons affect non season gameplay.

One thing I don’t much like in D3 is that too often patches spoiled my plans for a character build: sometimes removing skills or changing their effects or granting me power I didn’t reach myself through “balancing”.

Having even more changes does not appeal.

1 Like

Sure. But if I had to take a gander, I think you won’t really have a choice. We won’t have to rebirth characters (I think). As D4 is promised to have MMO like elements, they may see value in persisting our characters across seasons as well. But sure, I’d like your idea if that isn’t the case.

I doubt they’ll have seasons. I think they’ll have ranked and unranked arenas. I think the focus for D4 is in e-sports with paid cheerers like they have in Overwatch League.

I would actually enjoy leagues a lot if they are well made like in PoE, which are great IMO.

But yeah, you should be able to continue playing the content, after the league has ended.

there will be seasons in D4 they said that at blizzcon. What they didnt said is whether new season means total reset of all progress and everyone starts from the beginning with new character

As Thangor says, to have a character that has been fine tuned and isn’t be used isn’t fulfilling.

Q: Will there be Seasons?
A: Yes! Seasons will be returning, and we’d like them to heavily impact your approach to gameplay. More details to come.

Blizz has already announced there will be seasons.

1 Like

Personally, I hope seasons start characters at level one. I enjoy building a character. The endless grind of end game is boring.

because dieharder doesnt want get banned? haha

Not sure what you mean, but I’m not a cheat. :wink:

If you want seasonal rewards play the season, if you don’t then don’t. Sounds to me like you want the rewards without putting in the effort. Why should you get the prize without participating in the contest?

Considering seasonal bonus gives several thousand paragon equivalent of power for nothing, right back at you.

I disagree and that’s why I’m reaching out to Blizz. It’s not a good system. It’s not good to exclude a just as committed part of the player base, if not more committed. D4 is good to be a completely different animal and NS player just may get what we’re asking for.

Thx for you interest.

1 Like

Why not just knock out the season (can be done in a weekend), delete the toon and then go back to NS. Thats what my team does. We only even played this season to get the Goblin. None of us cared for anything else. As none of it was overly appealing.

As many NS players have expressed, we don’t enjoy the “Starting Over” experience. As I understand it, Seasonal player love the “Starting Over”, which is why they play Seasons to begin with. It doesn’t seem that they need incentive beyond that to play Seasons. I suggest we remove rewards from Seasons altogether since it only take be

And keep the rewards in NS, since players such as yourself are returning back to the NS after just a

of play. This seems to make sense. How do you feel about this?

1 Like

For me I dont really care one way or the other. Starting over again is not a big deal. Like I said. Its a weekend of play. So less then maybe 10 hours total. It also offers a challenge to an otherwise challenge less game.