Non-Seasonal Characters, Do you play them?

Who is still a loyal Diablo fan, that reads these forums, and choses to play non-season characters? If you do I would like to know how the experience has been when the new season starts? Maybe I should rephrase my question…

Once a new season starts, how many players play non-seasonal characters? I feel like I would if they where capable of keeping up with the nerfs and buffs, but it seems like they aren’t the way the seasons are designed and how things get carried over to non-season play.

1 Like

On my alt/seasonal account, I have a tonne of half leveled gems in NS I’m still leveling up to augment my GoD and UE, (and probably M6 now) setups. I run NS after I’m done with the seasonal journey.

Though next season, I suspect I’ll want to farm up more ancient/primal gear in Seasons and use the soul shards for easy rank 125 caldesans.

2 Likes

Fair enough thanks for your input.

Has any player ever not played a season with their original toon other then me and tried to go play the game with it?

Maybe I’m just a one percenter LOL

In short: I play seasons only.

Last few seasons I’ve let most of my mailed items self-delete. I also tend to delete characters rather than rebirth them as I like to give my seasonal characters a theme for the season; however this season has been a bit haphazard. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ll play non-seasonal heroes between seasons. However, for seasons where I wasn’t enjoying the theme, I just completed Guardian to unlock the trasmogs, then went back to non-seasonal.

There was a theme which had weather effects (18 or 19? Can’t remember) and they caused so much screen flashing that I couldn’t play it for long before I’d get headaches, so I played non-seasonal that entire season.

There was also a season which had a theme of double bounties, the doubling was also applied to non-seasonal heroes so I did a few months of non-seasonal bounties and ignored my seasonal hero.

So, yeah, it’s entirely based on whether the theme’s interesting or not. If not, I’ll play non-seasonal.

6 Likes

I would rather hear about how you play the game (and not the forum). How much do you play all your different heroes on non season and how are you doing in season? Do you plan on doing the season journey? Please elaborate.

1 Like

I play all the seasons. After I complete the journey and collect the seasonal rewards (a.k.a Wings, stash tabs, pets etc.) if the seasonal theme is good I continue to play it until the end. If not, I play Non-season.

I also play non-season between seasons.

1 Like

I’m a serial non-seasoner. I am also in a clan. Once seasons start, it’s hard to find a co-op NS game within my clan. I’m okay with that - I look at each season and decide if I want to play it - if the theme sounds exciting, I will do it…such is the case with this season’s ethereals.

Normally, I don’t want to restart the game AGAIN and have to build up a character, stash and gear from scratch every few months. I have well-geared NS characters in most classes (don’t play Wiz or WD, prefer Monk/Barb/DS/Sader) so I have the gear I want - pending more primal drops.

So, a season (for me) has to offer a very compelling reason to do it to not miss out.

I mostly play non-season because the content and gameplay will always be available for me for whenever I return to D3. I often take breaks from this game because I get tired of the sassy NPC speak. So the breaks are necessary.

When it comes to season play, I may touch upon it but then the sassy speak ruins experience and I close game. I often return to season character when a season is near to closing or has already closed and bye bye character cuz it is no more.

I’m all about game/atmosphere immersion. Sassy speak ruins it imo.

2 Likes

I skipped most of the seasons on my main account.

I do not enjoy leveling up heroes and collecting materials that I have plenty of when playing non-season.

Also, I have a full roster of characters that I play on a rotation, so I do not get bored after playing one character for an extended amount of time.

Plus, after playing seasons 5-8 and later another season for the last stash-tab, I collected all of the additional tabs.

The other season themes before S24, weren’t incentivizing enough for me to rebirth one of my main accounts characters.

I played this season though with a dh using this alt. account, because I wanted to try the ethereals. Maybe I will also play S25 on this account because of the soul shards, but that depends on whether B. manages to fix the bugs.

2 Likes

I mostly play in seasonal mode. I play non-seasonal only in-between seasons, to try and beat my latest records in that mode. As I am the leader of a clan and most of my clanmates play in seasonal, I have to be there for them. Also it is nice to start fresh every 3 months with a group of friends, with new builds and a new theme.

2 Likes

Haven’t touched season after I got all the stashtabs.

3 Likes

I believe you guys debunked OP’s impression. His impression on a previous post was that no one played Non-season.

1 Like

I’m a NS player (primarily) and have stopped playing D3. NS gets zero luv, that being the case, I’ve moved onto Wolcen.

2 Likes

That’s a lot to explain, and it has been in multiple posts if you wanna stalk me. I don’t mind stalkers myself, just got to know self defense I guess IDK but I’m an adult male with some training. I had a bad experience as soon as seasons started, seeing how I didn’t want to start the same character I was enjoying playing all over again. I bit the bullet eventually and played some seasons. They where fun to have new ideas brought to the game. The part that outweighed the new perks in my opinion where the constant nerfs every season. All I had to do is read the forums and the patch notes to be able to identify if I would want to play the next season or not. Which brings a point in where the non-seasonal characters become basically useless when seasonal buffs and ners carry over without the seasonal flavor such as updated drops. They indicated that in the patch notes a few times over the years. So instead of having a lobby of PVP players at end game it has turned into a constant restart every single season, which gets old when you where a day 1 player. PVP matches would have been a lot more fun for me personally then starting the storyline over and the grind all over again. The feeling of accomplishment? Where is the feeling of accomplishment when it’s taken away from you? It doesn’t exist. It was impossible to contend with the new content the way updates where added, and I have a hunch it was to generate more sales or whatever but people will argue with me about that all day.

Oh, I doubt he’ll let a little thing like facts dissuade him from his narrative.

3 Likes

Are you playing non-season to this day with your level 1 toon? Literally 0 lifetime kills displayed when I click your career tab. :clown_face: :rofl:

That’s probably because they play on europe:

2 Likes

If you’re American outside of the bathroom…
What are you inside the bathroom? :clown_face: :face_with_monocle:

When you view someone’s armoury link from the US forums, it defaults to showing you their US armoury page, regardless of which region they’re based in / where their heroes are. (If you did this on the EU forums, it’d take you to the player’s EU armoury page)

When you look at someone’s Battlenet ID, pay attention to the first digit of the numerical portion of the ID. That indicates the player’s home regions. 1 = USA, 2 = EU, 3 = Asia.

So, knowing this, compare and contrast…

iCamp’s US Career Page -
1 level 1 hero
0 lifetime kills
0 paragon

iCamp’s EU Career Page
17 level 70 heroes
45,474,516 lifetime kills
2,215,319 elite kills
6001 paragon

2 Likes