No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

I asked you to pick a specific item to test with…

You responded with…

And now that I crafted 90 of an item you deemed to be acceptable you come back with this…

I crafted 90 of the items you nominated and yet, somehow, I still picked the wrong thing to craft. :roll_eyes:

I’m done.

3 Likes

I don’t recall ever saying anything about crafting Rare bows.

I said that I only craft level 70 Rare bows looking for one with a socket, so that I can then reduce its level requirement and use it from as low as level 40 onwards. Rare bows almost always roll with dexterity, and unlike Legendary items, when rerolling a primary, a socket is almost always the first replacement offered.

Property weightings are different for Rare items than they are for Legendary and Set items.

Anyway, sorry about the confusion on this. What I meant below was that sub- level 70 Legendary and Set crafted bows are cheap, and so do those. I didn’t mean sub-level 70 or level 70 Rare bows. On any sample size the results are going to be substantially different.

Level 70 rare bows are part of “any bow or crossbow”.

So, once again, nominate a specific weapon. I don’t care if it’s a level 70 legendary, a sub-70 legendary or a sub-70 rare. Just pick one. Name it. Go on, I’m willing to craft 90 of them and record my results again.

You are looking for a binomial probability calculator. Simply put, the odds are incredibly small.

Google or See:

You’re very gracious. Let’s craft a Blitzbolter.

And I apologize for the miscommunication, but I wrongly assumed that since I was talking about crafted Legendary and Set bows and crossbows, “any” would be selected from that set of items. Sorry about that.

I admit I am a bit less industrious than you; I have only created my blank spreadsheet so far. I will write the formulas and insert graphs this weekend, then fill the data.

Okay, so I crafted 90 Blitzbolter hand crossbows…

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Craft	DEX	VIT	Craft	DEX	VIT	Craft	DEX	VIT
01	x		31	x	x	61		x
02	x		32	x	x	62		x
03	x		33	x	x	63	x	
04	x		34	x	x	64		x
05	x		35	x		65	x	x
06	x	x	36		x	66	x	x
07	x		37		x	67		x
08			38		x	68	x	
09	x		39	x	x	69	x	x
10	x	x	40	x	x	70	x	x
11	x		41		x	71	x	x
12	x	x	42	x	x	72	x	
13		x	43	x		73		x
14	x		44	x		74		
15		x	45	x	x	75	x	
16			46			76	x	
17	x	x	47	x	x	77	x	x
18		x	48		x	78	x	x
19	x		49	x	x	79		x
20		x	50		x	80		x
21	x	x	51		x	81	x	
22		x	52		x	82	x	
23		x	53		x	83	x	x
24		x	54			84	x	x
25			55	x	x	85	x	x
26	x		56	x	x	86	x	x
27	x	x	57	x		87		
28	x	x	58	x	x	88	x	
29		x	59	x	x	89		
30	x	x	60	x		90	x	

DEX Only    = 24/90 = 26.67%
VIT Only    = 23/90 = 25.56%
DEX and VIT = 32/90 = 35.56%
DEX Present = 56/90 = 62.22%
VIT Present = 55/90 = 61.11%

You claimed there is a 1:8 ratio of main stat to vitality on crafted items.

If that was true, 10/90 items should have had DEX but there were 56.
If that was true, 80/90 items should have had VIT but there were 55.

Compare that to the results of crafting level 70 rare bows…

I’d say this pretty much blows your claim of a 1:8 ratio out of the water.

1 Like

Well done. We’ll see if your results are consistent as I craft 50 of 5 different bows.

Standby…

Update: actually ended up to be 50 of 9 different bows.

Altogether, I’ve already crafted 180 bows (90 rares, 90 legendaries) so I’m not sure why you think making 250 will be vastly different.

If your claim was true, the approximate results should have been…
20/180 with DEX
160/180 with VIT

The actual results were…
109/180 with DEX
104/180 with VIT

The DEX value varies by 445% from your 1:8 ratio claim.
The VIT value varies by 54% from your 1:8 ratio claim.

The results aren’t even remotely close to your claim.
Save yourself the time and materials.

So, about those results…

Are you suggesting that his results may fit probability/statistically with yours?

Waiting anxiously too.

My overall results from crafting 180 weapons were…
109/180 with DEX
104/180 with VIT

Even if none of the 250 of the weapons Stone crafts had DEX on them, that would leave the overall results as…
109/430 with DEX
354/430 with VIT

109/430 = 25.39%
354/430 = 82.35%

For his 1:8 ratio claim to be true, those should be 11.11% and 88.88%, so even if 100% of his 250 crafts are without main stat, he still doesn’t get to his 1:8 claim, with a pool of 430 tests.

It’ll take me a minute. I tend to be a little OCD, so I’m going far beyond where you went with the analysis of the crafts…

In the meantime, I’m sure everyone will have a great time talking about the upcoming WoW version of Diablo…

But I didn’t mean in this thread…

Why? The only thing relevant is the ratio of Main Stat to Vitality because you claimed a 1:8 ratio of them. The other affixes are irrelevant as you made no claims about them.

lol…Whatever, dude…let it go…

The general consensus in this topic is that crafted items, if they don’t roll like crap, have a questionable weighting system that makes nearly all the items less than satisfying to spend time and materials on.

And you get far too hung up on the numbers. If I say 5:1, or 10:1, or 23.5:4, I am not really “claiming” that that is a rock-solid accurate number, I’m saying that’s how it feels to me when I craft this stuff; that’s the way it feels to a lot of responders in this thread.

So I’m going to use my 250 bows to identify trends in not only the Dex and Vit, but the other 4 properties that land on the item, and the graphs will describe what is happening.

Note: I would have liked to have done that, but just tracking the decks and vitality and whether the item is Ancient or not is way too much work, especially since I crafted 450 bows. Geez.
Of course, you will say that crafting as little as 250 bows will tell nothing about the RNG “trends” if they exist, but I say sitting down and crafting 10 items in a row, which you are trying to use in the game will make you feel like there are trends, and that’s what counts. Not the dead-on calculated statistics, which you tend to like to hang your hat on…

Were you able to put together your numbers?

How you feel about crafting…
1:8 ratio of main stat to vitality.

How crafting actually is…
1.048:1 ratio of main stat to vitality.

And you get too hung up on how you feel things are which, as ably demonstrated in this thread, isn’t even remotely close to how things are. You felt the ratio was 1:8 but it’s actually essentially 1:1.

And here we are again. It’s about how you feel things are, rather than how they actually are. No-one’s surprised that there can be large, short-term variances in random events.

It’s like flipping a coin ten times, getting seven heads, and you extrapolating from that and assuming that if you flipped the coin 10,000 times you’d get 7,000 heads.

If you’re going to make threads like this, please at least make it clear that you’re making claims about how you feel things are, rather than making claims that they’re about how things actually are.

You’re prevaricating about providing the results of your 250 crafts because you know as well as I do that they won’t support your 1:8 ratio narrative.

1 Like

Standby. It’s coming. I have what…4 days to do one more Season Journey? Just finished #5 about 6 hours ago…

Besides, by the time I post my results, it will come as a welcome break between all the D2>D4 crybaby threads…

OK, I started filling in the table. I started with the level 70 Sydyru Crust bow. Interestingly, in the very first 8 crafts, I had 3 bows with Vit and no Dex, one bow with Dex and no Vit, and an Ancient bow with neither.

Funny, that’s a Dex ratio of 1 in 8 crafts, 1/4 Dex/Vit.

Pretty far away from your 50+% ratio, but we’ll see. I have crafted 450 of 9 different (cross)bows.

I don’t see a problem. Vit only promotes more all class gears, especially when you aug vit on it. Its wasting mats to roll one set for each bd oppose one generic set for all bds/classes.

Seriously? This is the best you can come up with after a week? Extrapolating results from a population of 8 results and thinking that extrapolation would be more accurate than the actual results from a population of 180 results?

This is like tossing a coin 8 times, only getting one head, and assuming that if you tossed it 1000 times, you’d only get 125 heads.

This is why no-one believes your claims about statistics.

3 Likes