No Ethereals Whatsoever!

If I’m looking at the right profile it shows your 341 paragon. Lol nice try. Need to put in more work then 341 paragon to have any gripe about not getting ethereal. I was 600 Para before my first one so get back to work.

I got them all the hard way (by solo farming GR90-115 on each character class)
It only took me 1100 paragon levels! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

But I heard there are easier way in group, by locking a level 22 T6 game or something like that…

Doing what though?

Your paragon’s not very high, you’re playing on HC, and I see you lost your main WD yesterday so you’re on your backup WD gear. So, for the sake of argument, let’s say you can do GR75s in 5 minutes per run, and you need some breaks, so say 10 GRs per hour. At GR75, each Guardian should be dropping 10 items, not all of which are guaranteed to be legendaries, so let’s say 8-10 per run, averaging 9.

You said 3 days, 14 hours a day, so 42 hours total. Some of that would be nephalem rifts for keys, which would also get you some legendaries, but let’s ignore those for now. I’m going to assume solo, with a follower using Cain’s + Sage’s, so 4-5 GR keys per nephalem rift. So, let’s assume 20% of the play-time was farming keys, 80% of it was GRs. That means 0.8 * 42 = 33.6 hours of GRs. At 10 GRs per hour, that’s 336 GRs and, at 9 legendaries per GR, that’s 9 * 336 = 3024 legendaries (not counting how many you got from the nephalem rifts).

Now, the average drop rate for ethereal weaponry is 1 in 100 legendaries so…

Chance that a legendary drop will not be an ethereal = 99/100
Chance that none of X legendary drops will be ethereal = (99/100)^X

Chance that none of 3024 legendary drops will be ethereal = (99/100)^3024 = 0.0000000000000632162

So, there’s a roughly 6 in 100 trillion chance that what you’re saying happened actually happened.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/72820247/so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

You have access to a paragon calculator, would that amount of GRs (and rifts) have brought him over level 360?

If you spend 2 hours farming t16 grift stones clearing the majority of the rift you should get at least 10-15 ethereals.

Absolutely not.

Just a funny from my perspective…

I’m actually at the point where I’m grinding GR75s and running T16s for keys. The past weekend put in a few hours, found several hundred legendaries. Not. One. Ethereal.

Been 2 months since I found the first one for the Crusader I’m currently running.

Don’t tell me there isn’t an issue with drops. RnG is usually not THAT bad. As you said, the chances are very low that we should have such a bad streak, but apparently not low enough. lol

It IS a bit frustrating. Hell, I have been finding gear for all the other classes, well over half of all sets and supporting pieces of gear for the Sader in Ancient, and STILL not seeing Ethereals drop.

Ran cow levels, vault runs, NOTHING.

Anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Troll attempt detected!

2 Likes

I think you guys might want to watch some videos on how to speed farm. Some tips:

Dont pick up everything. Just stuff you really need. Leave the yellows, blues alone. Once you get enough gems you dont need to stop and pick everything up. Look for blue beams mostly.

Play a spec that can either teleport or fly across the map while you kill. No rift lvl should take more than 30 seconds.

Its just raw numbers. Time played vs a % drop rate.

Sure, but the average droprate on Ethereals is pretty confirmed at 1/100 legendaries, and I’m calling BS that you get “at least” 500-750 legendaries an hour on average in T16 rifts.

1 Like

Clearing the majority of the rift is not speedfarming.

Wow… complaining about hardly playing the game and not getting a ton of Ethereals. … Shocker. Put more than 40-60 hours into the game over a 2 month period before you complain. If you are not running T16 then you are not playing for the most drops. I get 4-5 Ethereals a day just farming for keys or running lvl 90 grs or higher. Put some effort in people.

1 Like

I would have made them as rare as primals so you guys are barking up the wrong tree. I had them all by day 6 before the goblin trick came out, lol.

1 Like

Several hundred. So, less than a thousand. Let’s say 900 then.

Chance that none of 900 legendaries will be ethereal = (99/100)^900 = 0.0001179438

So, just over 1 in 10,000 would get that result.

1 Like

I logged in at 3:26, started farming keys, got my first wrist blade at 3:40, second 3:52. I think the solution to get ethererals is to play.

3 Likes

Yeah, because RNG is irrelevant? I’ve had had guardian kills that’s given me 3 which really skews the numbers on the short term. “I got 3 in 2 mins, so the average is 90 an hour.”

But sure, if you don’t play clearly you won’t get squat, I still call 5 at a minimum per hour on average as BS.

3 Likes

I play pretty casual and I have collected and saved almost a tab full of them, salvaged the more bad rolled ones than I can remember and use 4 of the better ones for my 2 Monks, it would be nice if I could keep just one of those for Non Seasons. :pleading_face:
I have been pretty lucky I guess with Ethereal’s, but for the life of me I can’t seem to bag any decent rings! :wine_glass: :grimacing:
:peace_symbol:

Yep. That would be me. The one in 10k.

I literally am not making this up. Between two classes, I have about 50 hours in this season. Yes, that’s not a lot, but with my limited time its still 2 days. I found all the barb weapons within the first few weeks of the season. Then went Sader and outside of the first one that dropped shortly after hitting level 70, haven’t seen one since. Nearly 500 paragon later, still nothing. Spent several hours this weekend at GR75/T16 like I said. Still nothing.

RnG sucks major balls.

lol

→ UNSCIENTIFIC TEST ←

I decided to run a test of how many ethereals I can find in a normal ‘sitting’. For a disclaimer;

• I play monk exclusively this season

• I found my first ethereal on my path to level 70.

• I am at Paragon 1323 in this season

• My clanmates (The Working Class) call me a ‘filthy non-season casual’. Except this season, I wanted to play for the ethereals

• I play at most 1-2 hours every 1-2 days

• I have found all ethereals by some of the published ‘quick’ methods

• For monk, I have found well over 30+ ethereals for my class alone

• I was able to get over half of all ethereals by using monk

• My style is to run T16 rifts, and I do not do ‘speed’ runs. Ethereals can be anywhere, so I clear (quickly) each level of creatures, breakables and chests before moving onto the next one, typically running all maps.

So, I decided to play a little bit and record a few things;

1. Rift 1 = Nothing - 3 maps
  2. Rift 2 = Nothing - 4 maps
  3. Rift 3 = Wrist sword on 4th map of rift, from a crate, at about the 14:45 TOTAL time (all 3 rifts) mark
  4. Rift 4 = Battle cestus on the 4th map of rift, from a creature kill, at about the 7:28 mark
  5. Rift 5 = Nothing - 4 maps
  6. Rift 6 = Nothing - 3 maps
  7. Rift 7 = Ballista on 2nd map, from a creature kill, at the 3:18 mark

To date, it’s ‘felt’ like I find an ethereal every 2nd or 3rd rift. I’ve found more that way than Grifts.

Sadly, I cannot embed pics I guess.

Just wanted to share my experience. RNG is fickle - I’ve been chasing primal items (YANG’S!) forever and don’t have the greatest luck with things I want.

I spent a few hours playing today. Notta. FOUND PRIMALS. But not a single ethereal drop since the last post, since the first post.

I mean. WTF?

GR75s right now take me 3-5 minutes. T16 might be a bit slower since I’m horribly low on yellows, and picking up more, but still. And I dislike playing Sader the most of the classes… Its pretty bad when you get Primals instead of ethereals… Not that I could USE the Primals of course, that would be rich. LOL