No Ethereals Whatsoever!

sorry to say, but I got a monk fist weapon within the first 15 minutes of playing. Carried me to level 30, and it had a ton of damage on it.

I have yet to see another.

Apparently the level 11 game thing is the best way by far (to get the achievement, not to get ones to use at 70)? I think that’s kind of stupid. Ethereals should have just been a separately balanced drop rate rather than just potential replacements for the specific item types, which seems to be why farming them in level 11 games is ideal (the much smaller drop table).

Solo farming them will be dramatically less efficient, even using a gem of ease weapon and just remaking characters over and over again (since you’re not able to keep it at the perfect level + your clear speed will be a lot lower).

2 Likes

Because the loot table is extremely limited at that stage, only 1-3 legendaries drop at that stage (Leoric’s Crown, Squirt’s Necklace and I think that Black Iron chest), so the chance of a drop being Ethereal is much higher.

Don’t worry, it will make it that much sweeter when you do get one.

Got one (doomsloinger) at Lvl 6 yesterday in my first 10 minutes of play.

Kind of pointless though.

RNG for sure. I had my first drop while levelling to 70 - I was at level 11 - and have had at least 8-10 drops since then. Nothing quite ideal yet, but at least they are dropping.

Good luck!

I got one in a Vault. It was level 70 and therefore pretty awesome. Only one I have found. Almost have the right gear to fully use it - good thing is that I can use it for either Sun Wukong WoL or Tempest Rush.

A player shouldn’t have to rely on gimpy tactics to get items that a season was designed around. They should really just rename this the season of 'Don’t Get Your Hopes Up"

Not too worried about them, tbh, since they aren’t permanent and don’t transfer over to NS, but still…drop rate is rather ridiculous.

1 Like

I got my wizardspike around level 10.

OTOH, I play the seasonal journey.

Finally at P576 and doing GR90, I got my first drop. Surely RNG should be better than that.

Ive been playing since monday and got one for my lvl 15 something crusader. Light blue drop almosy left it behind but it had this huge light called me back. This scepter that makes me 1 shot everything with basic mana generation moves. It made the game boring after 15 min so i throw it away in the stach and use yellow sword from henrich custom built.

I agree with you. The season is only a few months long, and realistically once D2 drops in September, D3 will go on the back burner for many of us. Ethereals are the season theme. They’ll be gone when the season ends. So why are they so hard to get?

I thought that Blizzard devs added season themes to encourage people to play them. Sort of an added bit of fun for starting over at level 1. This is somewhat less than fun. I got one ethereal at level 4, which I used well into the 50s. At level 70, I got one yesterday. ‘The Grandfather’. I’m a DH. Ugh.

2 Likes

To prepare people for D2 drop rates, of course.
Even though S24 Ethereal rates are still very high by that standard. I’ve got more of them in a few days than number of decent runes (Ist+) I usually get in several months of D2 ladder.

You mean 61 as in level 61 not paragon right? Cause then you should definitely not do anything to specifically get one. You are much better off doing your normal levelling and fresh 70 stuff, it will come.

Even if you normally level 1-70 only doing rifts it won’t be effective for getting one since the legendary droprate isn’t exactly great even in rifts now you have to hope for that small chance on top of it.

Season of FAIL…its suppose to be season of Ethereal’s…but you can’t get ANY.

I too have played every day and STILL NO Ethereal drops.
Funny my friend was online at the same time and he got 3 Ethereal’s below lvl 70 @ Expert difficulty.

I even tried SLOW leveling from lvl 1 to lvl 70 at different difficulties to see if drops were any better but still NOTHING.
I’ve tried Expert, Torment 1 then jumped to Torment 6 on a character below lvl 70 and still painfully getting nothing.

THEN @ lvl 70 I’ve tried up to Torment 10 and got a LOT of Ancient drops which was good for my builds but STILL no Ethereal’s.

Blizzard NEED to FIX this bad RNG on Ethereal’s because otherwise its ‘Season of FAIL’

I want to collect all 21 Ethereal’s but if I’m struggling to get even ONE then how am I suppose to get all 21 them.
We are already one week into the season and its NOT looking good.

Funny we burn ourselves out just trying to get all 21 Ethereal’s but once the season is over POOF…all that work for nothing.

I will keep trying and even try doing lvl 1 to lvl 70 with Gem of Ease trick to see if that works.

I even have puzzle ring and hope I can invite a friend an lock the game @ lvl 11 and see if that works…but the ring isn’t an ancient puzzle ring…unless I reforge it to ancient which is worth a try but wastes mats doing it.

SO WHAT else CAN I try because this will be killing me just trying when RNG is against you.

Peace out everybody and good luck with trying to collect them all.
I swear this season may have to be LONGER if we are still struggling to get them.

1 Like

I’ve already finished the Feat of Strength for collecting all 21 of them.

2 Likes

I think I got about 15 now? One even for crusader… But most are trash for me…

The best way to increase the odds even further is to do speedy normal rifts and GRs. This game rewards speed and I am sure you know that. That is how a lot of players are getting primals that they can use.

1 Like

Woot, got a second one and it was actually different than the first. Sort of wish I had it first as it would have worked much better with the initial build, given it came stacked with Messerschmidt’s Reaver. Now, I had to switch to another playstyle as I got the minimum components and was able to jump to T16 from T8.

1 Like

They drop from everywhere. My tactic that kinda worked but is boring is to use gem of ease on good legendaries, then make a lod gem to 60 and full equip a new char. Lvl it to 70, take the gear to stash, delete char and start again from 1. As solo player worked for me for wizard and wd. And some bovine bardiche and puzzle rings if u have. Forgot to add: run on T6. But is painful :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I didn’t get my first Ethereal until I was para300 or so. I knew they existed because I saw members of my clan get theirs at level 8, so obviously I needed to make more sacrifices to RNGesus. I saved up about 8 puzzle rings from the last couple days and tried the Vault trick (fresh toon with a level 70 Furnace that had the level requirement removed) with characters between 7-12, and that’s been working pretty well.