No Ethereals Whatsoever!

Hello to everyone!
I play with a friend everyday at night after work.At least 2 /3 Hours a night !
Started the season on friday after work … played saturday … played sunday … played today after work … NOTHING

My friend as gotten at least 6 ethereals . Im playing as a Witch Doctor and for a Casual player like myself i find very frustating to be playing S24 Etherals and no ethereals !

Probably the most Obvious response is BAD RNG . Well its stuff like this that makes ppl sad and discourage :frowning:

Sorry for bad english not my everyday language !

Thanks !

3 Likes

Yes, it is very bad RNG considering a drop rate somewhere between Ancient and Primal so the most advantageous are those with the smallest pool, for any given level.

I’m toying with going back and just playing to level 30. If I don’t get one, delete and start again. I’d like to at least see the theme in game.

I feel your pain. I’ve played quite a bit for the last 3 days, paragon 81 now and not a single drop yet the other people I played with have received multiple drops. Also, I’ve been running great rifts and haven’t even been getting a single legendary drop except for the gem (I did 5 in a row). Very discouraging!

This season’s theme is putting a really bright and rather ugly spotlight on the glaring disparity between world content and rifts. Ethereals only have a chance to drop if the item would have rolled as a legendary first. And even then it’s at the rate "somewhere between ancients (10% chance) or primals (0.25% chance). This essentially means that you’re going to be gimping your chances in a major way if you do world content (i.e. bounties) because the legendary drop rate is cut in half there, essentially dropping the Ethereal chances to somewhere between 5% and 0.125%. Doesn’t seem like much of a change, but half is half.

I got unbelievably lucky and found an Ethereal at LV 8. Haven’t found one since and I just hit 61. What sucks even more is that I’ve had to further delay my build/progression/enjoyment (all three!) by doing pretty much nothing but rifts instead of what I normally do which is hunt rainbow goblins while I do bounty sets for my gloves of worship and RoRG. I have none of those currently because I’ve been stuck in rifts trying in vain to get another ethereal to drop.

I’m quickly becoming soured to this season’s theme because it essentially forces me to give up progression in the seemingly vain hunt for these things. With drop rates this low, it is exceedingly unlikely anyone would find them on just one character no matter how efficient they are due to smart loot kicking in at 70, leaving one to either cheese LV 12s in group games or constantly remaking and deleting characters if you’re solo.

I’m three days into the season and I’m already considering just writing it off as yet another MAU metric, because it sure as bloody hell doesn’t feel rewarding. At all.

1 Like

I am now P330, farming T11, and still have yet to get a drop. Very frustrating. RNG has been ugly. Just got my first puzzle ring so they have really messed RNG up.

I got one at level 27ish Americas, level 11 EU.

Then nothing at all on Americas. All the way to 70. Minutes ago I was doing a Bounty (got to get those mats) and FINALLY a goblin gave me a vault. Vault dropped a Burriza from Greed. I almost feel like crying with happiness. I am staring at it now - along with my season bag of gold, boon of the hoarder, and gems. Kadala was also good to me and gave me a Nats set item and some decent other Legs.

Much excite! That was a VERY rewarding Vault. (my very favorite area of the game by the way)

I think I can finish out the Chapter 4 now!

I must say though, the drop rates are hit or miss!

2 Likes

For the primary draw of a season, the drop rates are abysmal. More than not will fail to get one during leveling up, especially if they don’t focus exclusively on rifts due to the world legendary drop rate halving. Once the item pool opens up, they’re even scarcer relatively, only barely being propped up by the juiced legendary drop rates of higher torments and GR51+.

This to me does not equate to feeling rewarding.

And now I have a second. Days of nothing. Now two in 15 mins!

Bah - it was for a Monk. One transmog off the list I guess.

Edit - and now I have a rainbow gob portal. I have not seen one in a LONG time.

3 Likes

paragon 820 here… found about 10 of them (there are duplicates)… all 3 DH and Wiz, and 1 Barb…
making alt of each classes and pushing GRs is the way to go… lots of grinding… :frowning:

I finished the season journey so now I may try to get the ethereals on other classes. Even in GR100+ rifts, ethereals don’t seem very common, so I’m not sure if farming them is easier on a max level of each class or just re-leveling repeatedly.

So far I’ve only gotten 2 off-class ones on my DH (both for barb), so I’m guessing farming higher level content on my DH wouldn’t be an ideal way to get off-class eths.

Ethereals are paying homage to D2 so the drop rate is fine were it is at. It is 3 days into the season. Play a little bit, grind a bit, they will fall.

7 Likes

re-level is probably the easiest due to the smaller loot table. I got one at level 9 and another at level 13

1 Like

So far:
WD-Dagger1 - WD (lvl 11) T6
WD Dagger1 - WD 80 Grift
WD Dagger1 - WD 80 Grift
DH-Bow1 - WD 80 Grift
DH-Bow2 - DH T6 Rift
DH-Bow2 - DH T6 Rift

3/21

Best way to farm for archivement seems snapshot on lvl 12 T6 and the puzzle ring.
Or
Use a puzzle ring T6 on a level 1 fresh-char. During the ring you reach around lvl 10 and may have great chances for up to 2 Eths per run.
Or
Grind lvl 90 Grift

I got three before I hit level 30.

I’ll probably never see another again.

1 Like

To everyone if you want to get ethereals just do normal rifts and later on GRs. That is where the highest chances of getting them are.

2 Likes

The chances are based on 1) whether or not the item rolls as legendary, and 2) whether or not it then rolls as ethereal. As it must meet criteria #1 before it can meet criteria #2, anything with a higher legendary drop rate is going to net you more ethereals. Of course, given the abysmal rate at which they drop people are still hardly ever seeing them outside of group games or sheer lottery winning luck.

I say that their drop rate is probably around 1 out of every 100 legendaries that drop. That is what others have told me and it seems like that is indeed the case. All that players need to do in order to see the theme is to go with the adventure mode normal rifts and GRs. Then if you still come up dry, then work your way to speedy GR90s and I am sure that you will find them. I an others have no doubt done the same and found them.

look in the ethereal farming community. They farm lvl 12 games for optimal drops. I’ve already got all the ethereals for all the classes. Even a low level ethereal can do GR 75’s easy until you get another. Also, if your drops get stale, change your game.

1 Like

My wife and I are paragon 150 playing through the season casually and have not found a single ethereal yet either. They’ll come eventually im sure

The two that dropped for me (level 6 and 18) dropped while doing bounties. That’s how I was leveling 1 - 70: Bounties, and they dropped. Doesn’t have to be rifts. Would be nice if a lvl 70 Eth would drop, now that I’m a few dozen GRifts into my season.