No Blizzconline, no word on S25, D2R servers are a mess

Soon? I expect something in the next week or two. Anything else would be abnormally long, even for a long season.

This one being a season with a collection to build for an Achievement i don’t hate that they let it run a bit long. A LOT of feedback at PTR time and early season related to it being hard to get everything.

1 Like

Certainly a matter of opinion (which is fine).
I found the gamepad controls really, really awful. And I like plenty of games with a gamepad. Just felt wrong for a game where precision targeting matters. Same reason shooters on a gamepad feels terrible imo.

It seems pretty much confirmed that D:I will be on PC. Maybe even day 1.
You will just have to use a gamepad for it.

The ads would write themselves.

Yeah, the genre is seeing increased activity, so it doesnt necessarily matter if Blizzard arent able to keep up. As much as I hope they will be.

yeah, they already released news about all other diablo projects and even blizzcon and their internal stuff. next blogpost just has to be about d3 :joy:

i already finished all seasonal achievemets including ethereals on both soft and hardcore on all three servers. just cant find anymore stuff to do than grifting with my firebird. and i find never-ending-grifts a hideous task. :roll_eyes:

lets hope next season will be just as fun as this one and worth the long silence. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It feels like Blizzard have simply strayed too far away from what made them great back in the days. Nowadays they don’t care if they release half finished products so long as they get their $$ quickly. D2R needed ATLEAST another 3-6 months before it was released, and it would have been well worth the wait. WC3R release was also a failure that somehow even managed to destroy the original WC3 mp upon release. WoW retail has been hemorrhaging players since forever now because it’s simply getting worse and worse for each passing expansion. And with the lawsuit forcing them to restructure their entire company, Idk, it’s just a complete mess. Right now what I hope is that they take their sweet time with D4 and try to get a decent launch for once. Never mind releasing it in early 2022 like some crazy poster in here suggested. They have a chance to redeem themselves only if they deliver an epic product once more. If D4 releases half finished and in need of 50 patches then that’ll be the last straw for me as a Blizzard fan. The competition is simply doing things better these days.

To be fair, I have been enjoying my gameplay experience with D2R quite a lot. I haven’t even gotten around to play the new PoE League yet because of it, but I will soon. Underneath the massive server issues, oudated UI (ingame and in lobby) and severe lack of much needed QoL changes lies a very solid foundation. Yesterday I found a Death’s Fathom that rolled perfect damage, and I felt a rush I haven’t felt in a Diablo game for almost a decade now. The loothunt is just that good, still. But the way they’ve handled this release is honestly inexcusable. It’s technically a reskin of a 20y/o game and they couldn’t even come prepared for its release. Damn near radio silence on top of that as usual.

Meanwhile GGG released a huge expansion and apparently within days follow it up with a patch that addresses some of the concerns with the League mechanic. Within days, during an actual season and with proper communication. I saw the information on steam as soon as I logged in. I would’ve loved to see Blizzard have that level of commitment and communication back when D3 seasons were still a thing. Instead they’ve historically dropped seasons like deuces in the toilet and rarely if ever looked down to see how they turned out.

And D2R forums are full of D3 fanboys, so what’s your point?

Blizzards idea of what communication is …is a lot different from what the world feels.
Updates?

They haven’t even made a statement about S25 saying, “We are too busy to inform you all of the exciting S25 news.”

1 Like

I wish they would increase the ethereal drop rate until the season ends. I have two characters who just can’t seem to get one.

Why should they give you information before they are ready? Frankly all we need to know is the end date, start date, and what’s new.

Blizzard games have historically shipped with bugs and issues. The whole it’s ready when it’s ready was just marketing lingo. I mean D2 shipped with so many bugs it took them a year with 19 patches to fix them, not to mention that ones still there they never fixed. WoW had tons of bugs, they launched raids with unkillable bosses due to bugs.

True about end date and start date but Season 24 has been over 3 months with no word.
D2R is on life support with all Diablo hands on deck to fix the horrible start the D2R release created.

And something more important happend inbetween don’t you think?

Not arguing with you, but I’ve worked in a few places where there were shake-ups within the company that resulted in me taking over my immediate boss’s job with no warning as in the guy was still shaking my hand and saying good-bye when the higher ups offered me his job and his boss was also fired.

What I’m saying is, a shake-up normally doesn’t effect the everyday goings-on at a company.

I was talking about the lawsuits dropping, the employees standing up for better conditions, along with the shake up and culter shifts. If it was just the lead guy being removed, I’d say yeah, what’s taking so long. But this was something quite big overall.

Agreed it was big, but even big scandals don’t effect everyone in the company. A lawsuit while quite disrupting to an extent didn’t suddenly make folks stop doing their jobs. They might have additional things to do along with their normal duties, but normally those duties are still expected to be done by the higher ups.

Now, I’m not arguing that shouldn’t have been some sort of delay, but someone coming in to say “There will be a delay” isn’t too much to ask and they pretty much don’t have to say anything beyond that. People can fill in the blanks on their own given the news that hit the company.

But yes, on the other hand, a delay is to be expected. Still, it would have good for someone to acknowledge that they hadn’t just forgotten to let anyone know what was happening.

Who says there was a delay though. Maybe they fully intended for it to be long enough for some to get the achievement. It’s just not necessary IMO. We do not need to know this information until they decide to share it with us.

If they said S25 will have a September release, then Sept rolls by and no season and no news that is different. All we had were internet sleuths looking at past season lengths trying to claim something they have no evidence of.

I know I’m different, but man this need to know everything that’s going on all the time about [insert your favorite game here], just mystifies me. We’ll get the appropriate information when it’s ready to be shared. Just like we got today.

I see where you’re coming from and don’t blame you for that attitude. To be honest, I wish I had it.

But speaking of me personally, as I said in another sense. The boards seemed to be getting more tense over the past few weeks. That’s an indicator that at least on these boards, to be given a heads up just to calm the boards down.

Responding to a crises within the company is necessary no doubt. But responding to your customers is also necessary as a responsible company. Of course, a company can do it at any point they choose but there’s such a thing as “reading a room” is all I’m saying.

Not suprise, they Just do worst things, and worst choices, for long time they are out of touch.
I personaly left games, i don’t play any of their New games, ALL are trash.

Only game i still play is starcraft broodwar.

Please know that us old timers that have been here from the beginning DO appreciate you a great deal. Don’t let the haters get to you!

5 Likes

Blizzard killed a girl.

Am i a hater???