No Altar of Rites Off Season

path just came out on the console and confirmed there is no off season altar.

I was just getting ready to post this myself. Definitely unfortunate.

Try rebooting the console. Just doesn’t seem right. It’s a permanent feature in Seasons, but not in Eternal? Doesn’t make sense.

Still not there. Yay Blizzard… :person_facepalming:

Has anyone asked PezRadar on twitter/X about this?

His earlier tweet from awhile back (August 11, 2023) stated that the altar was coming to both seasons and non-seasons.

When I booted the patch, it listed both the Rites and Visions as seasonal only. Loading my file naturally did not have an altar where it would’ve been in New Tristram.

Utter disappointment.

1 Like

On the title screen It says:

Features (season only):
Altar of Rotes
Visions of emnity
Soul Shards

Huge disappointment. The “final rebalance” was pretty small and no altar and Visions in non season.

Guess D3 is doomed to remain in this sad state.
Well back to other games it is…

This makes no sense.

The altar is listed under patch changes not seasonal only content. It is listed in the patch notes along with class set changes.

Hopefully, it is a console glitch that can be fixed.

Which means that they messed up the patchnotes just like they did with PTR notes

Which means they really meant “…permanent seasonal feature” (i.e. recurring every season from now on) - just as with the PTR notes.

The problem with that interpretation is that it would mean the balance changes are not comimg to non-season.

Actually non season received all the nerfs without the altar to compensate…

What an incompetent decision

2 Likes

Yep, abysmal decision. For me, as a solo only, wizard only and preferably non season player this patch is easily the most heinous and appalling piece of crap I ever had to deal with in D3. All it brought, at least for me, is dumb nerfs, huge disappointment and frustration.

Not gonna play this crap, I’ll be waiting for next patch.

1 Like

Some people are thinking they’re making these decisions to have players jump ship and have more people on D4. Intentionally nerfing stuff due to the addition of the altar, then not adding the altar and keeping the nerfs.

Truthfully I could see it happening.

Patch Notes

Below you’ll find patch notes for the upcoming update to Diablo III: Patch 2.7.7. It goes live on January 9.

Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.

New Permanent Features: Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity

Back by popular demand, the Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity Season themes have become a permanent fixture of Diablo III. While we are extremely excited to make these features always available, to ensure your time slaying demons remains balanced,

we had to make some adjustments to the bonuses provided by the Altar of Rites. When existent alongside Visions of Enmity, continual Season themes, and adjustments to Class balance, we felt the game’s balance would benefit from adjustments to Rites of Sanctuary.

It is astonishing how badly Blizzard can screw everything. Release the altar and visions to non-season ASAP BLIZZARD!!!

Hell after this debacle get it into the game unnerfed.

Blizzard confirmed that the altar does not come to non-season. So they lied. Only thing Blizzard can do well is exploit children and lie. F*** you Blizzard!

2 Likes

Even worse it’s not really going to be permanent either. We’ll have to max the damn altar out every single season.

Made exactly no sense to go the route they went. I still have a couple of cosmetic items that I need to grab on my series X, as well as the cosmic wings (wirts original leg dropped recently relatively easy thankfully) but now I’m not sure I want to hahaha.

If only they had them holiday gifts again this year… But nope D3 got the finger there too.

Grim Dawn is starting to look even better again.