Next Barbarian Set [Inspiration and Ideas]

What do you think it will be?

What kind of set would you want?

Let’s design our own barbarian set and be an inspiration to the developers!

We lack a leading DPS set and its legendaries. Let’s brain storm about it.

FYI: This is an inspiration thread. Not a discussion or nitpicking thread. Please propose the kind of barbarian set you want to see as a powerful DPS. Please remember, they will never take our designs at 100% so us discussing technical details is just a waste of time. However, ideas and inspirations may trigger the developers to create something very powerful and functional.

Discussions or more precisely nitpicking may/will derail the topic.

1 Like

Titan’s Grip - Dual-wielding two-handed mighty weapons.
Please!

9 Likes

Bulkathos’ Stride (barbarian only set)

A set of 4 pieces

• An amulet
  • A belt, or gloves or a Shield
  • Boots (legendary effect: leave a frost patch behind stealing X% of mobs’ remaining HP as they walk over it)
  • A one hander mighty weapon (legendary effect: each hit stacks stricken triple times for all enemies hit): this could be a BK set morphed into one sword kind of a deal here

2P- every hit causes the mob to bleed X% of the monsters’ remaining health for 10 seconds. This effect stacks Y times . Bleeding enemies are stunned/slowed and vulnerable to all forms of CC effects during the bleed (no CC immunity).

4P- every bleeding enemy increases the attack speed, critical hit chance and global damage by Z% while reducing all damage taken by T%. This effect stacks P times (all multiplicative buffs). Dying mobs explode with 10000% of their full HP (explosion effective within 20 yards of the dying mob)

2 Likes

Most likely, this effect would be a non-starter for Blizzard as it violates their goal of not having us fight immobile statues. Forget what season that Blizzard post was made. I think it was when witch doctors were part of the zDPS meta.

2 Likes

Just propose what you like or think. Let them decide.

We do not want discussion here. This is an inspiration thread. It is up to devs how to implement.

1 Like

@Prokahn
You may want to consider feedback. Presumably, you want to give the developer’s an idea that serves as inspiration rather than being dismissed in light of the developer’s known design philosophies that they already discussed.

Your idea just needs some design iterations.

Edit for Meteroblade
I think that they incorrectly assumed that the base 120 sec cooldown of land of the dead would serve as being a “temporary” CC effect.

Edit for Prokahn:

This will never happen. A thread asking for ideas about a new class set will always end up with discussion about the merits of the proposed idea. It is a forum for discussion after all.

2 Likes

This is just a proposal and inspiration thread. You dont have to worry about what devs might take. No idea will ever be implemented at 100 %. Just let devs take what may/may not work.

3 Likes

And yet they introduced Land of the Dead / Frozen Lands with the Necro which does precisely that.

1 Like

FYI: This is an inspiration thread. Not a discussion and nitpicking thread. Please propose the kind of barbarian set you want to see as a powerful DPS. Please remember, they will never take our designs at 100% so us discussing technical details is just a waste of time. However, ideas and inspirations may trigger the developers to create something very powerful and functional.

Discussions or more precisely nitpicking may/will derail the topic.

Thanks

How about a throwing set? I’d love to see a D3 version of the my D2 jav barb.

I always thought a Board and Sword build would be interesting, something real tough but very versatile at the same time.
I could also live with a Duel 2 Hander build, that would be a blast, like the one Meteorblade mentioned above.

Fun times!

Personally, I suspect we’ll get either a primary set or a Boulder Toss set, but since we’re just throwing out ideas, here’s my idea for a 6-pc set:

Fury of Ages

(2) Set:
  • Gain .25% damage reduction and deal 5% increased damage with Primary skills for every point of Fury you currently possess.

(4) Set:

• Attacks made at full Fury heal you for 2% of your maximum Life.

(6) Set:

• Your Primary skills deal 1000% increased damage and gain the following attributes:
  • Attacks with Bash stagger opponents, causing them to be Slowed and deal 20% decreased damage.
  • The radius of Cleave is doubled and deals 50% increased damage for every enemy hit.
  • Every stack of Frenzy lowers the cooldown of Ignore Pain by 2 seconds.
  • Weapon Throw hurls 3 additional projectiles that deal 30% increased damage for every yard between you and the enemy struck.

The 2-piece bonus is intended to incentivize acquiring + Max Fury rolls on gear and emphasize the importance of secondary rolls.

The 4-piece bonus is meant to synergize with Vambraces of Sescheron to provide the build’s main source of healing. Since the set is intended to be played at fully Fury, keeping up this bonus shouldn’t be hard.

The 6-piece bonus address every Primary skill and offers a little something extra depending on which skill you prefer.

Please note: This set would still require buffs to supporting legendaries such as Oathkeeper, Blade of the Warlord, and so forth.

I’d also introduce a new affix to Stormshield:

• Gain damage reduction, and deal increased damage, equal to your Block percentage.

This would offer players who like the concept of a sword-and-board Barb a little extra power, and it could synergize well with a new affix on The Grandfather:

• Attacks made with Primary skills at full Fury deal 250% increased damage.

The set would consist of the traditional 6 pieces (helm, chest, pants, boots, gloves, and shoulder) and would incorporate different supporting legendaries depending on the chosen Primary skill(s) on the bar.

On a different note, I would love to see some crazy set ideas for 2-piece sets. The catch is that one piece is a 2H Mighty Weapon and the other is a ring, amulet, or shoulder. Any takers?

4 Likes

ARSENAL OF ARREAT

1. Bul-Kathos’s Bulwark: Chest
  2. Madawc’s Grasp: Gloves
  3. Arreat’s Summit: Helm
  4. Andar’s Journey: Boots
  5. Murkolt’s Might: Shoulders
  6. Talic’s Chains: Mighty Belt

(2) Increase the damage of your Primary Skills by 200% for each Ancient fighting along side you.

(4) Each Ancient on the battle field reduces the damage you take by 20% and increases your attack speed by 20% (each stack is multiplicative).

(6) Your Primary Skills and Call of the Ancients damage are increased by 2,000% when you are in full control of yourself (not in Wrath of the Berserker).

5 Likes

My bets are on a throw or primary based set with the most likely one being the throw based one.

A primary skill and overpower set, with a stacking mechanic buffing the next overpower would be awesome.

If you carry around a bunch of ancient items and throw them on the ground while you’re fighting, do you get a bonus?

8 Likes

As funny as that is I am pretty sure he is talking about our ancients ability not ancient items lol.

Also this thread makes my heart happy. Lets take a stab at this…

I would say they end up removing rend from WW and new set is based off dots and nukes.

(2) rend deals triple damage in half the time and has the Ravage rune
(4) every enemy that is affected by rend will increase damage of overpower by 50% (up to x times) and reduces damage taken by 10% (up to x times)
(6) Overpower explodes on enemies affected by rend and deals x% damage instantly and removes rend from the enemies hit.

2 Likes

STORM OF THE TITANS

2 set bonus
GROUND STOMP GAINS ABILITIES OF ALL RUNES AND DOES 1000 PERCENT DAMAGE

4 set bonus
EVERY STACK OF FRENZY REDUCES DAMAGE TAKEN BY 12 PERCENT AND DOES 500 PERCENT DAMAGE

6 set bonus
FRENZY,GROUND STOMP AND AVALANCHE DO 12000 PERCENT DAMAGE AND STACKS OF FRENZY REMAIN FOR 10 SECONDS AFTER USE

legendary support items

Ring of bul kathos
AVALANCHE DAMAGE INCREASES FROM 300 TO 400 PERCENT

fjord cutter
CHILLING AURA SURROUNDS WEARER AND INCREASES RADIUS OF GROUND STOMP BY 100 PERCENT

stormshield
DAMAGE REDUCED BY 30 PERCENT AND INCREASED BY 150 TO 200 PERCENT WHILE EQUIPPED

The idea is frenzy and stomp for density and avalanche as a bomb

1 Like

Frenzy plus Ancient spear together. This would be nice RGK build plus if we got multiple runes on spear we could have burst aoe dmage as well.

1 Like

What I’d like to see is something that puts us on par GR-wise with other classes and allows us to play dps in at least off-meta groups.

What I expect to see is the following:

Space Bot’s Ego

2 pc bonus: Overpower your enemies with 2 claw attacks. Each attack does 1d6 fire damage.

4 pc bonus: Leap gains the effect of every rune, effects last 11 seconds, and it increases armor by 250%

6 pc bonus: Ground stomp damage increased by 75,000 % to the first enemy hit