Next Barbarian Set [Inspiration and Ideas]

I have no creative juice atm, just make it a set that lets me one shot GR 150 with a left click!

My guess for the new set will turn out to be a PET set where the Ancients do half the damage. You will probably be required to use Remorseless and Tasker & Theo and then snipe from range with something like bolder toss using squirts amulet.

I’m not great with concepts and I’m even worse with math, having said that:

I agree that it should be a Primary Set. Free painted the ideal set. The only thing I would wish for this set have is ability to cater to multiple play styles (maybe it’s more aesthetic than anything else) and be equally compensating in power and survivability with the following preferences:

2H Dual Wielding
2H/1H Dual Weilding
2H/SB Wielding

I know, I’m a dreamer.

2 Likes

Could be a primary Set, but then again all we need are changes to, and new, supporting legendaries to make primaries playable within IK set’s scope.

Why not bringing up something really new, and much to Diehard’s content, a 2H / SB set which key mechanics would be,

• 2H equipped in one hand as a 4-p bonus, much like Crusader’s passive.
  • Synergy with Shield equipped for a large 6-p damage area attack, because it won’t be about attack speed.
  • Revenge and Overpower centered synergies along 2-p and 6-p for damage.
  • Shouts creating extra utility and synergies, either built in or by means of supporting legendaries.
1 Like

Set: 2 Hand Pain

2 piece bonus: Equip any 2 handed weapon one handed
4 piece bonus: 2 handed weapons attack 50% faster
6 piece bonus: 2 handed weapon deal 5000% more damage

3 Likes

Dual weld two handers is my prediction as well or weapon throw but the former is more likely.

You make a very valid point.

And possibly Rend

A set focused on 2H Dual Wielding w/ an option to S&B as described below.

Equipping a Shield gives 400% more CHD.

Edit:

Or all of the above plus a Primary Set combo

I can hardly contain myself.

Just a side note: With a set focusing on primaries, we will probably not do enough DPS. Also, the supporting legendaries for primaries are kind of bad/insufficient at leveraging the set dmg buffs ( eg. IK set).

I think we should look at wizard sets while thinking about creative sets. As an example, the set I think of (given above at post 3), does not differentiate whether the hit is Hota or ww or frenzy. But every form of a hit. And the mob damage is defined based on the amount of HP lost by the mobs which in turn affects the dr and dmg buffs. This kind of a set will scale very well even at high GR levels and give a slight hope to deal some real DPS (if tge numbers are calibrated).

Moreover, depending on the selected slots or the total number of the pieces in the set, it gives potential hybrid combination options with fast hitting attack sets.

Lets think outside of the box. If the new set has clear cut buff number levels, it will probably be outperformed by other classes again.

Well, this is exactly what we need for seemless progression.

Be nice to if we could squeeze in Dual 2H and or S&B (wishlist).

What if you simply increased each set to 11-12 pieces?
Each set would consist of the following pieces:
1.Chest
2.Helm
3.Boots
4.Shoulders
5.Hands
6.Belt
7.Feets
8.Bracers
9-10.Weapon (1 or 2 pcs)
11.Ring
12.Amulett

I would love if they made a thorns set for barbs along with changing some useless runes.

From all ideas i’ll choose

-Primary skill sets, synergy with Ranger barb also
-CoA set, something interesiting where Ancients do a lot of damage while you’re pulling or something like that.
-Dual-Welding 2H weapons: probably is not a good idea as a set, but probably as a season theme (Bul-Khatos Season?)

But please don’t make a Thorn set, is just boring like the Crusader, Barbarian is for smashing and destroying enemies. I’d prefer they improve the actual Thorns Barb instead of making a new set of It.

And appart from all of this, i’d to see 7-8 set pieces instead of 6, for more variability

Agreed. Thorns is kind of boring.