Newest Firebird Set Change: Updated Blog March 26

See:
Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Preview Blog - Diablo III (diablo3.com)

Also copied below for convenience.

• Firebird’s Finery 2-Piece Set: Disintegrate Ignites enemies, causing them to take 7500% 3000% weapon damage per second until they die. When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60-second cooldown.
  • Firebird’s Finery 4-Piece Set: Casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 1% 2% per stack. Stacks up to 100 50 times. You gain 80% damage reduction while maintaining Combustion stacks.
  • Firebird’s Finery 6-Piece Set: You gain 4000% 2000% 5000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.

Developer Note: With the bulk of patch 2.7.0’s focus being on the single-player experience, we recognize that the set reworks and balance changes are some of the most impactful and important to the group play experience. We’ve heard the outpouring of feedback from the community and have decided to increase the Firebird’s Finery 6-piece bonus.

We hope these changes will allow players to explore new strategies in high-end group play compositions for Season 23. We hope you enjoy Firebird’s this season, but we will keep an eye on its power and adjust balance in the future.

8 Likes

Congrats Wizards, I look forward to seeing how it does on the leaderboards.

7 Likes

Happy on behalf of the Wiz that they got the FB set addressed.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks Micro.

2 Likes

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

2 Likes

This wheel been squeakin since the set came out. I remember the rage flame posts about how we finally solved the firebird’s problem, they just need a power pylon to get up to the same dmg as everyone else natively. (vaguely recall it coming down to something like a 400% increase across the board to a firebird wiz is what their math came out to etc)

Point being… Firebirds has pretty much been the whipping post of wizard sets since it came out.

1 Like

Wow thats a bit more than i expected. Guess it beat twister now.

I guess it’s time to dust off my wizard for season 23. Looks like it might be fun.

2 Likes

You would think so until you realize the best FB build involves hoping your mirror images hit the targets you want

2 Likes

WD: Nerfed
DH: Nerfed
FB: Nerfed…complainers…buffed…now exceeds the GR130 at 5k Paragon goal.

I think DH and WD have a right to now complain at the utter lack of consistency. You have sader and necro that can easily do GR150 and untouched for seasons now yet DH and WD get massive nerfs yet they buff FB’s above their goal.

Makes no sense.

23 Likes

Hmm. I’m considering it now as a 2nd character, rather than 4th. Crusader will remain last. So boring.

Well, this wheel wasn’t squeaky, it was a literal square.

2 Likes

Where did you get those numbers?

Thank you Blizz. I will give it a spin…

There is NO necro that can do a 150 without seasonal bonuses (4th slot, snowball, etc.) And it’s not “easy” ever.

Also

WD: Nerfed…complainers…crickets for days.

Great news. Looking forward to pushing with FB!

DH is in a perfectly fine spot. Maybe the top-end got nerfed, but its floor got hella buffed. GoD will do just fine.

WDs got the shaft tho. Hoping Blizz gives them a bit of love in the future.

1 Like

https://eu.diablo3.com/en-gb/blog/23290575/[d3]-developer-insights-balancing-class-set-design-28-01-2020

I quote:

When balancing, we need a point of reference to work around. The “ideal” class set performance for Diablo III is approximately Greater Rift 130, solo, and assumes the character has 5000 Paragon levels .

Just that DH is S tier in all solo content and the best farmer in the game. on top of that they s tier in support. The only thing dh isnt great at is solo pushing and TK which they lost with the nerf. However they got buffed for solo exp.
GoD gets 30% more exp/h than a wizz. While farming bounties, keys waaaay faster and having a zDH build which are in meta. Wizz being 5th or 6th place on tier list (before FB buff), 7th in s22 while DH will be 3rd on s23. Wizz were pretty much terrible at everything in the game except solo pushing and been that for a while as they only been getting nerfs. Now they getting improved teleport and a build which prolly will end up in meta. Also not only wizz players wanted the buff, group players were bored of rats and wanted a meta switch. Will the buff punish DH? They still be top tier speed, and still welcome in meta as zDH even in more variaty. WD however, had TK but got pushed out by necro and will stay out especially with wizz buff. WD will be 7th on tier list and not welcome to any parties. WD needs a buff no doubt about that, s23 will be boring for them. DH? They arent in a bad spot atm. But sure u can give them a push build, but dont buff GoD since its alrdy S tier in all solo content and buffing it more would make it even further ahead of other builds and classes.

1 Like

The Wizard now joins the Crus and Necro as having wildly outlying builds relative to other classes. In terms of balance between classes, this patch is inarguably worse.

When this is nerfed in the future, how many surprised pikachu faces will this forum get?

3 Likes

How many people have that?

1 Like