New Typhon Set: bonus 4 does not Work with Shields TEST inside

4 armor piece set bonus is suppose to provide as good DR as an activated Halo of Karini, both 80%DR

Simple TEST:
full armor set wo weapons, full galvanic shield with 10 hydra heads
Same scenario wo casting anything.
Same scenario but cast Storm armor to activate Karini
See for yourself
EDITED: I decided to leave the best example of Imrpoved test with no DR variables Diablo 3 PTR 2.6.8 testing Damage reduction from Typhon SET - YouTube

Video recorded today 02/16/2020. I’m afraid my game is in spanish but it is self explanatory.

3 Likes

Typhon set is bugged it seems has no defense at all I have try using with traveler pledge set and yet i got insta kill by anything. I use blur and galvanizing ward, halo karini and magic weapon with deflect and it feels like you are not using any kind of defense even when the ten hydras are up.

I also think they nerf so hard serpent sparkle and the magistrate so much even when they new there where so other skill bugged that cause them to over perform. The change should be to 550 and not 450. Over all the set and no set builds now are not even fun to play and i know there where people doing 150 but even with augmented gear and 2200 paragon i just made to 135 with the no set build. Now i can only get to barely made 120, 15 gr difference. Its a shame they always do “balance” by destroying the power build and not bringing others build to perform the same.

There is the bug in the video?

First try having the hydras out it is supposed to have 80%DR but the shield goes down in 2 seconds and 2 later I’m dead.
Second try: do nothing and get almost same result as first try.
Third try: I cast storm armor to activate Karini. 80% Damage reduction.
Mobs take waaaaaaay longer to get the shield down and then , 3 times longer than 1st try to kill me.
The BUG is proven because first try and third try should get similar result but clearly does not.

It took around ~6 seconds to lose your shield in the first try of your video and ~10 seconds for your last try. That’s how it should be. Cause you had in your last try 50% more damage reduction. Pretty biased in my opinion.

OMG the worst blind person is the one who refuses to see.

I have set up a new and IMPROVED test, no damage reduction variables.
set bonus 4 vs karini

1st attempt 0:16 1st hit - 0:19 shield down taking health damage. 3"
2nd attempt 0:48 1st hit - 1:02 shield down, taking health damage. 14"

I will not continue to argue this any longer, there is no discussion when stating a fact, you either do not want to admit it or just trolling.

7 Likes

Thank you for video evidence. You can tell people till your blue in the face that there is obviously a bug and DR not working, but they won’t believe you till there’s evidence.

When you in GR80-100 and you get one shot it’s pretty damn obvious there’s a bug, especially since last patch I was snoozing in arcane beams in 110’s unless literally all hydras died.

Very interesting vid that clearly show the problem.
However Cratic did another test where the DR was working fine (but I don’t know what was the test protocol) : 🐉 Typhon's Veil Focused Feedback - #102 by Cratic-1413

Maybe the root cause of the issue is the interaction between TV 4pc and shield : the DR may works but is applied after the shields, whereas karani DR is applied before so it is way more effective in real use cases, but may be as effective in Cratic’s test if no shield was involved in it ?

If anyone has an hypothesis of how having both tests having different conclusions is possible, feel free to contribute

If Cratic can tell us more about the tests he did, it will be helpful either

1 Like

Now we have something we can work with. DR of the 4pc isn’t applied for shields. That’s something we could now see. But everyone can see it for itself versus one enemy if you hover over your life pool. Zombie hits for 112 to 153k then shields are on with TV 4pc active. And for 22-30 K for the first hit with 10 Hydra Heads active. Why people get one shot is. F.e. I have 1.000.000 life points and my shields has only 10 K. and the zombie hits me now for 110k. I lose the 10 K shields and 100.000 Life and with the next hit I lose only the 22-30 K life.

That’s why people get one shot. Now I understand. Having Shields actually reduces your surviability. Agree it’s a bug.

3 Likes

And I was just going to theorize that it wasn’t working with shields, amazing. Great analysis!

Welp time to drop Ashnaggars for APD’s, Deflection for Ignite and Galvanizing for Blur so I can get some proper testing done here. Wait unsure why I think that’s proper when that alone is probably a -4 GR loss :stuck_out_tongue:

This explains the wierdness and inconsistency people were noticing. Now, we just need Blizzard to fix it without it going live. The set still is probably too weak even if it does get fixed. And if it doesn’t…well.

Yah now i’m going around in 100’s just fine, no one shots at all…however due to no shields the hydras are dropping, losing damage.

This endless cycle continues lol…

I agree I’ve played with this set long enough now to know needs to be 6pc 1500% per head hell maybe your 2k% isn’t that crazy after all. (Or whoever suggested that lol, sorry).

Anyway sorry going off-topic, yes this bug is real please fix before Live Blizz!

I suggested a nice round, 1750% number based on the math someone did. They said the actual number was like 1681%, but a) Blizzard has never done a ridiculous number like that and b) Typhoon is weak and could use a smidge boost :stuck_out_tongue:

I did some testing to verify the findings in this thread. Testing confirms the 4 piece damage reduction isn’t being applied to the shield.

4 Likes

I’ll put this on Twitter to @Diablo. All I can do to further escalate.

1 Like

I did the test with out any shield as they find out in here and yes the damage reduction works, but when you have shields on you got insta kill so is not only the reduction doesn’t apply is also that any other damage mitigation you have seems to stop working properly. Also i want to add that the build feels a little bit in consistence and bit clumsy but that is from the beginning some times feels you do a lot of damage and other times like nothing at all, also noticed that black hole spell steal some times even if is cast on the center of many mobs it doesn’t suck any monster.

Yay! Thanks for narrowing down the issue to something anyone can test.

1 Like

I did not test with shields in that prior test. I would not have seen the issue with shielding.

I removed all of my shields, or so I thought. Was able to tank hits w/o shields. I had forgotten that Unstable Anomaly gives you a 5s shield, which results in the shield kills as well. Fortunately, pylon shields don’t do this - however they also do not stop Hydra heads from dying. With pylon shield I waded into a mass of poison and watched them drop every 2s.

Great. Another bug. I’ll forward that one too.