New Trailer - Same Models

Your workplace sounds challenging - and often personal. Glad your bosses realized you were not the one engaging in dangerous fork lift activities. Honestly, I have run forklifts. They are slow and easy to avoid. The story sounds odd to begin with.

Just keep doing things right and doing your job well. Document everything even if it means you keep a journal at home. I realize your country is very different though. Eastern EU is not quite the same as Western EU or the US.

1 Like

It can be.

I couldnā€™t say. So far Iā€™ve been treated right and with respectā€¦ but this particular situation sadly reminded me, that my bosses are not my friends, despite of how friendly they might act.

Itā€™s bizarreā€¦

Not that differentā€¦ I mean, we are civilizedā€¦ the facility has camerasā€¦ and again, surely something like that would not go unnoticedā€¦

And just for the lolz, Iā€™d like to state, that Iā€™m writing this from the comfort of my own home and not from jail :stuck_out_tongue:

Even better. I share such information with friends, both IRL and online ones.
Tomorrow Iā€™ll ask around on the job as to what has transpired in the other facilityā€¦ whether it was an accident, or someone legitimately went nuts and used the vehicle as some sort of weapon.

1 Like

Either is Charsi being an old lady

9 Likes

Ok, since you brought it up. Or mentioned Chasi specifically, in this instance.

Letā€™s go realistic, and think if this in an hypothetical I.R.L situation:

You go to a blacksmith (or some other craftsperson) to have something forged or repaired for you. Would you prefer that a young person, barely out of apprenticeship with little experience work on your item, or would you prefer to have the older, more experienced craft master do it for you?

It is a perfectly legitimate concern, really.

Whether it be the looks of the NPCs or the heroes themselves, when it comes to the role-playing aspect of Diablo, I support Blizzard and Vicarious Visionsā€™ choices regarding the character models of Diablo II Resurrected. Why? Because even though it is fantasy from the ground up, it adds a new unique level of realism that we never had before.

And that is what ARPG games are all about ā€” Being a fantasy presented in as a realistic as possible manner.

2 Likes

Charsi has the voice of a mid 20s woman at the oldest end. Making her old is lore breaking. So why not add mech warriors so mech warrior fans will be happy too?

7 Likes

I know people in theirs late 50ā€™s who sound like people half their age, and I know people in their late 20ā€™s who sound like theyā€™re in their 60ā€™s.

The sound of the voice is not relevant. The world (both D2 Fantasy and I.R.L) is a very large and diverse place. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Oh stop, she isnā€™t 50

8 Likes

people can deduce all sort of things quite accurately from just the sound of the voice. Height, ethnicity, even sexual orientation (think it was something around 75%, i will look the paper up when i get home from work) and age. Its a factor like smelling.

here an excerpt from ā€œMaking age assesments based on voiceā€ from Journal of Social, Evolutionary, and Cultural Psychology:

THE IMPACT OF THE REPRODUCTIVE VIABILITY

OF THE SPEAKER" from :

Several studies have shown that substantial vocal changes
occur during menopause (Amir & Biron - Shental, 2004; Schneider, van Trotsenburg,
Hanke, Bigenzahn, & Huber, 2004) which may be the proximate reason as to why raters
could accurately discern femalesā€™ age at that time. Additionally, our
findings also revealed that raters were more accurate in estimating the ages of female speakers who were in the 23-34 age group as compared to males, suggesting that there is also sensitivity to female voices for not only developmental stages of declining reproductive viability, but also for detecting heightened reproductive/fertile year.

(page 301)

14 Likes

Fix amazonā€™s face asap, ty

19 Likes

Interest is not obsession.
And since when is social justice a bad thing? People are trying to frame it as something undesirable, when it is something designed as literally everbody has a pleasant outcome.

That may be as it may. But only because you do not have that thought, it does not mean that others do not have it.
That is what it means to be part of a community. That more than one persons opinion counts.

I had my best times playing Diablo when i could join any game regardless of origin, race, belief, skill or other factors and still be able to play the game respectfully with those inside. It was an awesome time but it slowly shifted into an elitist group. I do not like this gatekept community. We used to be something better.

Well, i would love to align with what you wrote. But it is just impossible. Because i have read what you posted before. Only because you do not agree that you posted things of that nature, does not make it any less so.
I actually believe that you do not want to be sexist or racist. But some of your statements actually are. And if you only get offended by being called out on it and do not take the chance to try to understand why you are actually called out on it, then you have to live with the fact.
Currently you are just shelving alot of what we say to ideology. If you do that, you take the easy way out, you do not engage in the discussion but you already have your mind set up beforehand.
Just for example: i simply asked not to call a female character ā€œuglyā€ or ā€œhagā€. That seems to be too much to ask for. Why? It is clearly an offensive term. There are other ways to tell your dislike about the models and you have used them. So why do we have to constantly have to come back to these insults? (disclaimer: not all of the listed insults might have been posted by you specifically)

My sincere apology. I did not meant to hit home that close.

While i certainly understand some sensitivity on that subject, we are not asking for communism. :wink: Now you are overexaggerating.
I like how you think the thought to the end though. I think most thoughts end up in a distopia when thought to the end.

democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time

This is my home turf. So this is where i chose to stand up.
You might argue that there are more worthy stands to take. But i still know gaming as a welcoming, inclusive community and i will stand up for it.
It was a refugium for all of us. You, me and many more. We should set a lower bar for those who join after us, not a higher bar.

Kind of a red herring, different game.
I generally consider ā€œsex sellsā€ marketing as lazy (as stated earlier in the thread). So i would rather have character depth.
But i usually am not the one crying about models. If there is a model, i agree or disagree. I might even post it here and there, but i would never rant for half a year about a character model not being to my liking. I would either stop playing or get over my dislike.
Here i am defending the existing models against the very thing that i would never do, not even in overwatch. I do not like it when vocal community groups try to crowbar their way into development. Give your feedback, let the devs decide, then decide as a gamer by staying or leaving. That is how the trade works. Everything else is - sorry for the retort - just activism.

Be careful what you ask for. :wink:

Jokes should never be done top ā†’ down in the work environment. (unless there is an extremely good workplace moral)
Sorry to hear you were part of that joke.

Not all of them. I have seen forklifts drive backwards carrying ~2tons of cargo (+counter weight) with ~20+km/h. They are cutting very sharp corners. I do not envy people who have to work that floor every day.

That might not be the best documentation for legal purposes (which hopefully will never transpire). Make sure to have emails that you can print out (are not stored on company property) or even better: writing.
If you are accused of something, make sure you have a papertrail that nothing was found against you.

Which still leaves 25% wiggle room for error.
Nice source though. I wonder how the height can be deduced. Resonance of the voice?

I wonder how the height can be deduced. Resonance of the voice?

definitely one point. you can compare it to guitar sizes. dreadnought guitars sound deeper and have better bass resonance due to the bigger body. same for the human body size. but more importantly igf-1 (growth hormone) makes the voice deeper. people suffering of gigantism have these ā€œgiantsā€ voices. it has to do how the sound is produced in the larynx and the effects of growth hormones on it.

5 Likes

This please. Thanks.

20 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position on the age of our hero models.

13 Likes

Please, donā€™t misunderstand me by thinking I had polical or other motivations behind my desire for more a more realistic presentation of Diablo II in the form of Diablo II Resurrcted.

What I meant by a new level of realism was precisely that. The reworking of an old game with more realistic looking graphics. Which is what we are getting.

Yes, Diablo has been, is, and always will be founded in deep fantasy. That does not mean it should not be made more believable through more realism.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are serious, since you omitted the big ā€œifā€ from my original post.

I might have forgotten to repeat the part that i do not see such a stark difference in age in the characters. Sure, the amazon seems less youthful. But as i said above, to me see is still far from old. That is why i did not pick up the ā€œageā€-point and was more trying to focus on the ā€œbreaking loreā€-point in general.

If i remember correctly, you quoted a lore book earlier where she was somewhere between 15 and 25 and a young and inexperienced (?) amazon from her tribe (i am sure you can put it in more accurate words).
I never read that book, so for me she was always an amazon of generic-video-game-character-age (20-ish).
As said above, i argue that she could be in her 30s now (take endurance atheletes as reference, e.g. in marathon). And i know many see it differently. But you asked for my view, so thatā€™s what youā€™ll get.

So to me that is a jump from ~20 to ~35 years. Still lore breaking, of course, but not immersion breaking to me.

Yeah - and thatā€™s exactly what the graphics overhaul is doing. Everything is looking much more realistic. But why is it not realistic for the characters to be their actual D2 age, which is younger? Why would recreating their look exactly be ā€œunrealisticā€? Can younger, more attractive people not be demon-slaying heroes? Is that impossible? How ridiculous. The characters are supposed to be standout, young representatives from their cultures seeking adventure. Unless the lore is being changed and they are actually older and more experienced, their appearance shouldnā€™t become older and more battleworn. Is VV changing the character lore here?

This is supposed to be a remaster, not a recreation. You think the backgrounds of the main characters should be changed in a remaster? Sillyā€¦

17 Likes

Unfortunately, I can.

No; however, I did mention Isendraā€™s age:

Yes, and I already thanked you for clarifying your viewpoint regarding the age of the heroes and itā€™s relation to the lore.

12 Likes

ęˆ‘č§‰å¾—å¼€å‘å›¢é˜ŸåÆčƒ½ę€•å¼€äøŖäøå„½ēš„先例ļ¼Œå°±ę˜Æ听从éƒØ分ēŽ©å®¶ēš„ę„č§äæ®ę”¹ęøøꈏļ¼Œęƕē«Ÿå› äøŗęØ”åž‹č€ŒäøēŽ©ēš„ēŽ©å®¶å¾ˆå°‘ļ¼Œå¤§éƒØ分都čÆ“åÆ仄容åæć€‚ę—¢ē„¶d2Rę”Æꌁmodļ¼Œé‚£ä¹ˆåÆ仄靠modę„č§£å†³ć€‚

让modå†åˆ›č¾‰ē…Œļ¼

I think the dev team may be afraid to set a bad precedent, that is to listen to some playersā€™ opinions to modify the game, after all, very few will leave the game for character model , most of them said thatā€˜s not a deal breaker. Since D2R supports mods, this can be fixed by mods.

make mods great againļ¼

1 Like

So what is the Amazons age then?
I thought it was somewhere in the books. Are you telling me now that it is not?

Iā€™d say anywhere between 20 or early 30sā€¦
Nowhere near as old as the D2R model.

Even if in some books, officially commissioned by Blizzard, it says, that sheā€™s 50 during the events of D2, that would still be a lame retcon.
Even officially sanctioned retcons are still retcons.

7 Likes