New Trailer - Same Models

They recently locked the thread on the models and appearance. The new trailer still has the same models. The message is clear at this point.

If you are looking for a refund click on support at the top of the page, then click on the icon of the game you want a refund (D2R), click on payments, then click on contact support, type in the reason something like this :

I would like to request a refund of Diablo 2 Resurrected, the models were never updated from the original showing back in February of 2021. The Blizzard forums recently locked the thread on the models indicating they have no desire to change or update them. Thank you!

Continue with the prompt at the bottom, seek more help, then click on the payment button at the bottom, request a refund and then go through the process to request a refund.

Hope it helps!

Just an edit it takes 72 hours to process, so I can’t reply to anything later. But anyways hope it helps!

83 Likes

Goodbye, more server space for the rest of us.

56 Likes

It’s not a deal breaker for me, but it is disappointing 1000+ posts of fan concerns is basically falling on deaf ears. The character models definitely need another once over as they all look like the Space Balls stunt doubles, but I’ll play this as it’s my favorite game of all time.

53 Likes

Enjoy my friend! Hope it doesn’t turn into another WC3!

20 Likes

I’d like the intent and art of Blizzard North to be respected, preserved and faithfully recreated;
as well as, that said art should not be replaced for marketing and/or possibly ideological reasons.

Given the history when it comes to Blizzard North and Blizzard South, I’d say the D2R devs should be more respectful of whatever art the original artists from Blizzard North had in mind.

A lot of the things in Diablo were designed based on the Xena Warrior Princess show from back in the 90s. Even the D3 monk is based on that… as in, even Jay Wilson, for all his flaws, even he understood what the art direction should have been like:
Male Monk, Xena S04E13, 1999
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/PJgpAcz.jpg
Female Monk, Xena S04E16, 1999
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/hOGHdwy.jpg

The same goes for the rogues and the amazons from the previous games.

Just a bit of trivia. The devs wanted the Amazon to be a hot chick!
xxhttps://www.usgamer.net/articles/stay-awhile-and-listen-book-2-blizzard-north-diablo-2-book-excerpt

“The character team decided they wanted to work on a hot chick first, and that’s what they did,” explained David Brevik.

The Amazon did not start out as a “hot chick.” Kris Renkewitz, the hero’s original artist, sketched a tall, fearsome woman who wore bracers that coiled down her arms, animal-skin boots, and mummy-like wrappings that covered her most intimate parts, leaving the rest of her skin exposed. Her hair was short and spiky, her visage grim and feral. “I designed the character to be, well, like an amazon,” Kris said. “She was a giant chick. Her helmet looked different, her armor looked different, her weapons were weird. It wasn’t just a girl with a pony tail and wearing leather,” he added, referring to the hero’s completed form.

Dave, Max, Erich, and Stieg decided a Xena-type appearance was too wild for their tastes. One of Blizzard North’s newest artists, who joined the company in August 1997, took a crack at her revisions. “You know what it felt like?” reminisced Phil Shenk of his time at Blizzard North. “Like you were making games with the kids who played Dungeons & Dragons in their basement. It felt like we were in the basement with all these cool tools, just making up weird, arcane stuff.”
Pulling up the most recent prototype of Diablo II, Phil’s enthusiasm gave way to concern. The prototype was barebones, consisting of a single, tiny dungeon built from gray tiles. The game ran at 640x480. Phil was surprised Blizzard North wasn’t pushing to hit 800x600, the next resolution up. What really stood out to him was the Amazon. She moved in slow, floaty lurches, as if wading through water, and she was too fearsome for Phil’s tastes. Firing up 3D Studio Max, he overhauled the hero into a bombshell: Still tall, fierce, and powerful, but with long golden hair pulled back into a ponytail, and a busty chest and curvaceous figure that filled out skintight leather armor.

80 Likes

Speak with your wallet, that is the only voice that matters!

43 Likes

Imagine the team having a vision for the game and models and releasing it! WOW! What was it like being on that team and creating the models?! Please tell us! Since you know, you are making it and deciding how the game should be released as.

5 Likes

Have fun my friend , I hope you enjoy it!

7 Likes

I don’t… Imagine the people, who originally worked on the game and had a vision… and their vision now being effectively deleted and replaced… especially when it comes to the Assassin and the Amazon models…

32 Likes

Oh jeeze! Tell us! What was it like talking to all those original D2 devs? What did they say to you? How did they feel? Which ones did you have a conversation with? Are they as outraged as the minority of Diablo players on the forums?! Please tell me you recorded you interviewing each of them and getting their feels on the 1:1 remake of Diablo 2!

7 Likes

I paid for D2R for improved visuals, servers, but not my exact idea of what D2R should look like.

I was a bit offput by some visuals but was more of a meh issue to me that will quickly be forgotten when I put some Armour on.

All that being said in previous alpha/betas like D3 there was very little difference if any, I think maybe they removed scrap paper that could be found. I would not expect this beta to be different, giving history it could be the same as the alpha build as far as content and classes.

I dunno I guess only put your money in if what you see is what you want, to expect different and refund when it doesn’t happen is inflicting pain on yourself.

5 Likes

Enjoy my friend, have fun!

2 Likes

I won’t refund no matter how.

It is more about deaf on community feedback that concerns me.

12 Likes

this guy
and i will bet he will still be playing on release

so sad

5 Likes

Speak with your wallet, that is the only voice that matters!

12 Likes

People thinking 39.99 matters :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Have fun!

Refund Complete!
You’ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

Game: Diablo® II: Resurrected™

16 Likes

It is odd, considering Blizz is hemorrhaging money and long time developers, along with the atrocious release of WC3 reforged, Blizz could use a little good PR right now.

24 Likes

Ugly in terms of your personal opinion? Just because you say something or someone is ugly does not mean it is ugly. :wink:

5 Likes

The character models are ugly and look like they were drawn by a grad school intern, and as such aren’t up to “Blizzard standard” as opposed to the NPC and monster models which look crisper, sharper, and more professional. So yes, the character models are sub standard attempts this go round. Hope there’s still time to bring them on par with the other visuals, which are quite great.

40 Likes