New set for each class announced: DH set speculation

Now this is an interesting idea. A Strafe build that procs FoKs and still allows for a big FoK on a 10 second cooldown would be nice. Constant damage with a huge burst damage, that’s a good idea. The meat grinder build.

2 Likes

Just having hits from Strafe add Greenstone stacks would hugely benefit a set like this.

1 Like

I was thinking more of along the lines of Chakram build for S2/LoD, but i suppose you could tie FoK to any skill with the Sash of Knives concept like Strafe or RoV.

True unless a new set makes it so the other runes are viable. Maybe by adding a ricochet mechanic or some splash effect like how Frenzy w/ Bastion’s Revered or Rend with Bloodbath rune works.

As an aside, I am sick of grenades, rockets, or knives dominating all the builds. Can we have some arrow builds too? Some ideas to consolidate some of the sets:

Natalya’s buffs all arrow damage (incl. Strafe and Rapid Fire)
Shadow buffs all knives damage (incl. Chakram and Fan of Knives)
Marauder buffs all grenade and pet damage + Cluster Arrow
Unhallowed Essence buffs all rocket damage + Multishot

The new set could then be dedicated to traps or something else. Also, the fact that some skills have runes in other categories (e.g. Strafe has a knives rune, Cluster Arrow has a couple rockets runes), some skill cross play is enabled.

1 Like

If COVID-19 does not delay things when we can expect PTR preview? Did anyone calculate it?

Edit: So, if season is going to last 90 days we should hear about PTR at the end of month.

2nd week in may most likely. Season start was 3/13. So if they do mid may 2 week ptr season end mid June and s20 start last week in June?

I personally want the old M6 playstyle back (though maybe with a twist to make Spiked Traps useful)… they’ve butchered the M6 set so much that they probably need to create a new set to make that playstyle plausible. Ideally, the existing sets can take care of the skills that aren’t being utilised:

• strafe: the two 1h xbows need a damage buff. Can use this with Nats or LON/LOD
  • Chakram: they really should add this to S6 (as well as the grenades and bolas skills). Maybe buff the 2pc to 20,000% damage so that a melee S4 build would be feasible and we can use a few other legendaries in the build for some variety.
  • EA: put this on UE and buff Augustines. I’d also put Rapid Fire and CA on UE for further gearing choices.

But knowing Blizzard, they’ll likely just buff one skill for damage in the new set. As such, I’m hoping that they can at least structure the set in a way that supporting multiple skills would be plausible. Something like:

• 2pc: Caltrops gains all runes and you automatically deploy a caltrop every 2 seconds. When an enemy is affected by caltrops you return 2% of your life and 5% of your resources per second.
  • 4pc: Chakram gains the Shuriken Cloud rune. When Shuriken Cloud is active, gain 75% damage reduction.
  • 6pc: Caltrops, Chakram, Rapid Fire, Elemental Arrow and Strafe gains 20,000% increased damage

Such a set would satisfy most of the skills most players want supported. Chakram and EA legendaries would need a serious buff to compensate for the grenade strafe and rapid fire builds. But the 2pc would add a level of utility that would be useful when gearing up and sustaining GR pushing.

The caltrops belt could do with a damage multiplier and also increase the number of caltrops one can have active… would be interesting to use caltrops as a main damage dealer with Danettas for a speed farming build, especially since Danettas with UE MS is pretty well obsolete these days now that Yangs, DML and Crims is so effective.

2 Likes