Demon Hunter new set and legendary changes

I think it would be easier for Elemental Arrow to be added to the UE set along with updates to Kridershot and Augustine’s Panacea. Similarly, Chakram could be added to the Shadow set with updates to the Sword of Ill Will and Spines of Seething Hatred.

I would like to new set to revolve around a different style of play instead of the move aoe-attack (UE multishot), sentry-shoot (N6M4), melee (S6 impale), or camp rapid fire (LoD RF).

Maybe a new trap-based build is in the works and could be supported by Strafe or something.

3 Likes

God, I hope not, I hate strafe…if that’s the new DH set and existing DH sets get no love, then this game will be truly DEAD for me.

1 Like

I dunno… as soon as they said it I thought “Hmm… strafing along, tossing out traps, maybe use helltrapper as offhand…” It could work.

Also, personally, I think the new DH set should be heavily melee focused but somehow different from how Shadow plays (sorry I can’t be more specific than that) but I’ve long felt the melee on a DH has been sorely neglected.

I would personally like to see that changed.

I’d like to see a high GR pushing grenades build. Melee and AOE and would be a lot of fun imho.

we already have a high GR pushing grenades build…

we need a set that buffs skills that are underutilized, like a strafe/traps build

Ironically, I just commented the other day about how EA and Hungering Arrow both would eventually feel like Multishot if we simply increased the number of projectiles they fire:

The OP’s idea give me this feeling. In my post above, I mentioned that I’d prefer to see Hungering Arrow get the Bash treatment (i.e. changed to a spender that deals big damage). But that would work for HA as its mechanic allows it to pierce and split shots which can have an interesting effect.

However, I cannot see EA avoiding the multiple projectile treatment simply based on the type of skill it is. However, I would not want to see a whole set wasted just to get EA to work this way. As Iria mentioned above, much easier for EA to be added to UE. The multiple projectile effect could be added to Kridershot instead.

The DR mechanic in the proposed set also sounds frustrating… much like how Dayntee’s Binding works for Necro.

My thoughts on what I’d like to see in the new set:

I’d still like what Iria suggested with EA (and even CA) being added to UE and Chakram (bolas and grenades too pls) added to S6… maybe simply through a buff to the 2pc bonus. But my proposed set idea would add in an interesting mechanic in the 2pc that would encourage getting into the mix with enemies to gain the benefits of having enemies affected by caltrops.

1 Like

we do? Last I saw was the UE nades build like 6 seasons ago that is as weak as a newborn calf…

Chakram sucks. No thanks.

We had UE/Grenades for a while but the buffs can’t be to UE (as that would also boost Multishot) or Depth Diggers (as that would also boost H90/Frenzy for Barbs). That leaves the possibilities of introducing a new multiplier for generators onto a weapon that doesn’t currently have a legendary affix at all and/or ramping up the multiplier on Hunter’s Wrath / Hellcat Waistguard. I’d love to see that (as I have a UE/Grenades DH) but that’s something that can be enabled with supporting legendaries, it doesn’t need to be a new set.

3 Likes

perhaps just buff the grenade skill - that’s the simplest solution, how’d you miss that one MB!!! I agree with your logic though. I’m a bit hampered, cos I only really play DH, so I don’t know what buffing certain legendary items for DH would do to other non DH builds. Thanks for pointing it out.

note: this is why I have long been advocating changing dmg in D3 via skills and NOT gear…it’d take more initial effort on Blizzard’s part, but in the long term, it’d be a far better solution that what Blizzard currently does.

Well, if you buffed the underlying damage of the Grenades ability, this would also buff Multishot builds, because they’d just take Grenades as their Hatred generator rather than Evasive Fire and, assuming you’re playing the Arsenal variant of Multishot, Cluster Grenades is also fire, so would benefit from any elemental bonuses you have for fire. Buffing the belts purely affects Grenades, and doesn’t alter UE/MS.

1 Like

yeah good points. A trap/grenades build would be very welcome. I know a lot of the DH community want strafe/traps for the new DH set but god, I hope not…I hate strafe with a passion, horrible skill.

1 Like

Hello all,

I took some time reading here and came up with a whole new set idea based on the Spike Traps.

Demon Hunter set:

Name:
Valla’s traps

2p:
A: Spike Traps explosion radius increases based on your pickup radius.
B: Increase the Spike Traps explosion radius to 15 yards.
C: Attacking enemies with Cluster Arrow increases the damage of Spike Traps to those monsters by 50%. Cluster Arrow can no longer detonate Spike Traps.

4p:
While an enemy is Marked for Death, all damage taken is reduced by 60%.

6p:
Spike Traps deal 125% - 250% more damage per 0.25 seconds it’s placed on the ground.

Trag’oul Coils: Increase the damage of Spike Trap by 200-300% - 300-450%

The Demon Demise: Increase the damage of Spike Trap by
200-350% - 400-500%

Death Watch Mantle rework: Double the amount of Spike Traps you may have. (means 10 Spike Traps at once, if you use the engineering passive.)

They essentially had this build before in season 1 or 2. It caused lag so bad it would nearly crash the server. So I don’t see that happening…I do hope they make a good build for dh though always has been my main class I play. (At the original slowball set idea mentioned)

1 Like

so the thing with the new set being used to EA would it be can completely redesign how EA works (adding in more shots, Slow/speed procs ect) UE was designed for multi EA with a buff to krider and aug and its own set would be awesome.

4p is awful, pretty much you won’t have the DR in T16 / speeds / bounties cause you will 1 shot all enemies, so no good.

1 Like

I took the Dayntee’s Binding idea for this, you can use Goldwrap for those kind of runs. For speed GR you could put in a Calamity.

A rocket set. We got grenades covered already. Rocket strafe and traps that triggar rockets.
Make the set look like a chinese dragon fireworks festival.

2 Likes

I honestly would love a elemental arrow set. I just think traps would be a boring play style. Elemental arrow would actually make you do something. Maybe you could make the strafe and trap set be the Natalya’s vengeance set and have rain of vengeance be included in some way. This is just my opinion I’m sure this can be worked around in a few ways.

1 Like

No one would drop Dawn for Calamity. It’s giving up full uptime on 40% damage increase, and 50% damage reduction from Dark Heart rune. On the EA set you envisaged, one would use the Dark Heart rune, run with Kridershot for maintaining full hatred and then cube Aquila. Would be more effective than dropping Dawn for Calamity. As such, the 4pc DR ends up useless. (additionally, Dayntee’s Binding is one of the more frustrating mechanisms to gain damage reduction… players would be glad to go another route to gain DR)

The other thing to consider is if your set is more powerful/has enough DR and has enough utility to make it a better alternative to MS UE with Crims? The playstyle seems too similar but your set lacks sustain for discipline and there would be no effective mechanism that currently exists outside of the set to counteract this. As such, it wouldn’t be very useful for speeds/bounties and S6 and UE would remain the go to sets for DH.