New player what are modded items?

Ps4 player, new…wtf are modded items? I hear about them. Tell me it’s just cosmetic ??

1 Like

Avoid Non seasonal play, or at least avoid players you don’t know who offer you stuff… some dirtbags will drop modded items that look too good to be true, don’t accept them, just let them set on the ground until you restart, or take them and salvage into stuff you can use.

2 Likes

I love non seasonal for super end game stuff, but ya will do…screw that so laaaaaaameeee

majority of the players here don’t even play non season. most just do the seasons and move on to the next season.

I need one perma, but I get ya I’m on that train too. Ty I’ll avoid sketch on non season.

Sounds like hax to me.

Because consoles hold their hero data locally on the hard drives (rather than server-side like the PC game does) people mod (i.e. hack) their game saves to give their items insanely high stats. For example…

3 Likes

So these players cannot affect you. If they drop gear and it is modded (stats way above the norm) just ditch them.

If anyone opens a GR150 in your gaming session do not go in unless you want to gain massive amounts of Paragon artificially.

And in Hardcore avoid altogether! :rofl:

1 Like

Those items are not really the ones to watch out for as they only help so much but you won’t clear a GR150 with it.

It is the Rings with 3 sockets with MILLIONS of percentage of damage on them that is the one that can rinse a GR150 in 2 mins.

So as Eddie, Homer and others have mentioned non-seasons are fraught with players who use modded gear.

It’s well known to the regulars here that I myself play modded.

However I don’t have Live Gold so even if I wanted to I am unable to play any game with others.

My reasons for playing modded are also known but I will say the few times I did play with others (free play days/3 day trials) I never gave anyone any gear.

They would ask how im blowing through a GR150 in a minute or less and then want the gear/items I was using.

I never once considered giving (copying) my modded gear to others because I know how the community considers modded players, and for good reason.

I simply leveled people up quickly.

I have full sets of mods for each class both in SC/HC. At this point im playing for cosmetics/paragon.

And I still love every minute of it. I simply cannot get enough of Diablo 3. Will play this game until i die.

4 Likes

Always a pleasure to see your name pop up bub. Hope all is well.

3 Likes

I’m doing well Eddie, thank you.

Started a new job last month. Not the best thing in the world but it’s honest money.

Had some car issues today but got it fixed.

How are you Eddie? What have you been up to lately?

1 Like

Hit a deer lol. Smashed side mirror. Getting my car wrapped tomorrow for draft Kings. I’ll be paid $200 for 2 months

Free Hong Kong delete my account

i was wondering why that is? i had someone just try to drop me a modded ring and neck

https ://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/028/438/5700.necropost4kobf7.png (weird if i use [img and close with /img close ] it shows the picture but then says i cant post pictures :confused:

Oh My! such an ancient one this is…

Yeah, only people with Trust Level 3 can embed photos / hyperlinks to non-whitelisted domains into the forums. If you’re at a lower Trust Level than that, you can still provide links, but they won’t be clickable, as follows…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/028/438/5700.necropost4kobf7.png
1 Like

thanks! it looks like console players not only can not post on the real forums but we cant post pictures like the pc players can :confused:

It has nothing to do with whether you play on PC or Console. The ability to embed clickable links to non-whitelisted domains, or embed photos, is restricted to people who have Trust Level 3 on the forums. You can read more about Trust Levels, and what each level can / can’t do, here…

1 Like

Thanks!

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website