D2 Remastered Offline Mode?

Guys, try Warhammer Chaosbane until D4 is released. Is a very good ARPG, very rewarding in term of loot and gameplay and has offline mode.

How will mods work if its online-only? Do they not require you let non-Blizzard servers store your files?

The short answer is that mods wont work if it’s online only.

If for some stupid reason they do that, modding will happen by just installing the old version of Diablo 2 that people are playing right now.

1 Like

What if the installer overrides the old one? Didn’t that happen with WC3R?

It did but you can still go back and install the older version afterwards if you want.

Mmhmm. So why are things like Professional Russian’s Fast Sword around on the console version, but not on PC…

You really should read the console sub-forum which complain about this.

It’s as you explained in the post: The hacked items appear because they’re storing character data locally and people modify those files.

Now then, what do you think happens if they made offline and online modes completely separate things and that you could only ever play online with a character that was stored on the server?

Because that’s what me, Shadout, and others have been saying they should do for a long time specifically to avoid this exact issue you’re talking about.

Which yes, offline only characters would be hacked but who cares? Unless Blizzard lets you take those characters online, it’s a complete non-issue.

As much as I love single player I think it’s best that they don’t include it in a remake. If they do add it, make the character files saved on Blizzard’s end so no one has access to the files.

1 Like

Any proof of it existing in current season on PS4/Xbox One?
It sounded like Blizzard got rid of hacked items in online seasons, a long time ago on console. “Only” the duping remains. And not due to offline mode.

What then would be the point of having an offline mode? If there character files were stored on Blizzards servers, you’d still need an internet connection to play, and modding would still be impossible.

Pointless.

1 Like

So long as singleplayer is a mode separated from online so that you can never play a SP character online then it’ll be fine.

Singleplayer characters will get hacked, but literally nobody should care about that.

I play Diablo II single player everyday and I have more than 100 characters, I don’t need access to any files.

Thanks for the education as to what single player is. I have more than 100 Diablo II single player characters, how many do you have?

Also, their is a significant D2 single player community that takes their stance toward no hacks very seriously.

One day in the future, everyone will use the terms singleplayer/multiplayer and offline/online correctly, and there will be less confusion in the world :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I pointed it out because you were going on about character files needing to be stored on the server. They don’t need to do that in an offline singleplayer mode. There is no reason to waste the database space.

That’s nice that there is a significant community that wants to play legit. Guess what they can keep doing if they have offline singleplayer with locally stored characters in D2R?

Nobody should care about offline characters being hacked because it doesn’t affect you in any way, shape, or form. If you want to play legit, play legit.

But not until they learn to spell single player.

I disagree, all their files should be protected from hackers.

You cant have an offline mode without files being available offline.
Heck, the only way you can have an online mode without having files offline, is by streaming the entire game.

Not that Blizzard would be protected from hackers even if there was no offline files.

This will never happen even if character data is stored on the server.

and it would increase the cost to Blizzard for absolutely no benefit, since they need to offload a lot more computations to the servers.

All so you can spite some people doing things that don’t affect you.

Again, I highly doubt there will be an offline feature.

Actually, you seem to fail to see the big picture. Hacking game files that do not directly affect my game play do end up affecting me negatively in the long run. Hackers negatively affect the gaming industry and the legit player base as a whole. I take it very seriously. And no matter how much time you have today to waste, nothing you can say will change my position on that.