New Player on PS4 - Looking for Advice & Tips

Just started a new character on PS4 last night and am looking for some help and have a few questions.

1. What should I be focusing my time on with my Season character? Rifts? Bounties? Other? I played a majority of last night doing Rifts and just trying to grind away at leveling up.

2. What do you suggest I do with loot that I don’t need and don’t want to store in my stash?

3. Kanai’s Cube - I’ve read about this but still don’t understand it. Seems to be a big part of the game. Can you help me better understand this?

4. Paragon - After I reach Level 70, I enter Paragon, correct? What should my focus be once I enter Paragon?

5. What is durability? I died a couple times last night and lost 10% each time. How do I regain this?

I have a lot of questions but don’t want to list all of them, this should help me get a decent start. Any other newbie tips & advice is much appreciated!

1. If you still in the stage of leveling up to 70, there are several stategies for speed leveling. I’d say doing rift until ~60 and do some bounties to get blacksmith/jewlery plans.
    If you are already 70, complete the first 4 chapters of season journey to get the free set pieces as soon as possible.
    After 70, you should do Rift and GRift most of the time. Run bounties for materials (for reforge items).

2. Salvage unwarned loots for crafting materials. Don’t sell them; gold is worthless because you can earn lots easily (later). The powers of many (not all) legendary items can be extracted by the cube. Then you can equipe a power (like a passive skill). Read section “Meaning of Diamond Icons on Item Detail Sheet” in this wiki: [Wiki] Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions!

3. Kanai’s cube is a very power tool. The game guide has a bried introduction, but I suggest you to watch videos for how to get and how to use the cube. Just search “Kanai” on YouTube. Find a more recent one to watch.
    I suggest to get the cube before lv 60, so that you can use it at 61+, when Death’s Breath starts dropping. (If you run some Channel Rifts, you may DB from the reward before 60 and you should get the cube earlier.)

4. After 70, EXP turns into Paragon levels (points). You can assign and reassign points to some properties at any time. Many properties are capped at 50. Usually, movement speed, critical chance, critical damage, cooldown have high priority, but may vary depends on your build.

5. Items have a durability property (shown at bottom right of the detail panel). Normal fighting or you die will decrement it. When it drops to zero, the item becomes useless. You can restore durability but repairing them at blacksmith.
    A yellow/red broken man will be shown at top right to warn you on low/zero durability.

Please feel free to ask further questions in this forum. You can continue posting in this thread or create new topics.
For console specific questions, you can post on Console Discussion forum.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with consoles. But, the Season Journey itself should be, if not exactly the same, similar. You might find this guide helpful:

I would should suggest a least a couple of rounds of Bounties to start with. (One round = all 5 Bounties in each of 5 Acts). You’ll need the Bounty Mats for crafting low-Level gear and extracting Powers in Kanai’s Cube. You need at least 40 Bounty Mats from each Act to complete the Season through Guardian Chapter. Doing a few rounds of Bounties will get you enough Mats to craft a couple of low-Level Sets until you earn your free Set for completing Chapters 1 through 4 and hit Level 70+. You’ll should also have at least three of each Bounty Mat to extract the three Powers to equip in Kanai’s Cube for your build. After that you can alternate between Bounties, Rifts and Greater Rifts as needed.

Then, you can concentrate on Rifts to collect XP, loot and Greater Rift Keystones. At Level 70 you can begin running Greater Rifts to collect your Legendary Gems and level them up.

Salvage anything you do not want to keep for Crafting Mats. Never sell items except those you cannot salvage. As you reach higher Game Difficulties, Gold will not be an issue.

Kanai’s Cube is found in a small square room in Act 3, Ruins of Sescheron, The Elder Sanctum (Ruins of Sescheron Level 2). Do not confuse this with another area in The Elder Sanctum called The Immortal Throne. Once you acquire Kanai’s Cube, you can use it to extract Legendary Powers from most Legendary items. You can then equip three of those Powers by selecting them in the Cube. You can select one Weapon Power, one Armor Power and one Jewelry Power.

You can also use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item (reroll its Properties). You can upgrade Rare Level 70 items to Legendary items of the same type, convert Gems from one type to another, convert Crafting Mats, augment your Ancient items and much more. When you access Kanai’s Cube you’ll notice a small book icon to the right of the Transmute button. Click it to open the Recipe Book and “flip” through the pages to see all you can do and what it will cost in game currency.

For more information on Kanai’s Cube:
https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/game/guide/items/kanais-cube

Correct.

1. Successfully complete the Greater Rift within the 15-minute time limit.
  2. Collect your Legendary Gems.
  3. Push to higher Level Greater Rifts.
  4. Level up your Legendary Gems with Urshi. (At Rank 25 you will gain both of their Powers).
  5. Get better gear from killing the Greater Rift Guardian.
  6. Get extra XP and Gold from Orek when you complete the Greater Rift.

Durability is how “worn out” or “damaged” your items are. You repair your gear at the Blacksmith for a modest Gold cost.
Good luck and good hunting!  

(Maskraider beat me to the post).